Ch. 19 The Bonds We Forge

They say history repeats itself, and for Song, history was death. For the over the course of seven years, she'd gained friends... family. But with every blessing came a loss. With every birth of something new there was a death of something old.
When would it end?
When would it stop?
She'd had enough.

"Cross... Please," she whimpered, gently touching the side of his face, "Please, please, please, please. Don't do this to me. You can't leave me, you selfish moron." She wasn't thinking clearly, her mind seemed to be in a dozen places at once, "Why? Why did you do that?" If it was possible for her to shed tears she would have. Instead, she began to wail painfully.

She paid no mind to the Autobots as they regathered around her, shocked to see the once relentless, snarky, carefree paratrooper laying lifeless on the road.
Even Cade, Tessa, and Shane stared mournfuly at the scene.

Suddenly, as the last of the smoke from his spark chamber dispersed, Prime spoke up.
"His spark chamber. Look inside of his spark chamber!"

With a dim ray of hope, Song sat back to do as Optimus said. Her optics widened slightly, "H-his spark... It's glowing a faint blue, but its dying." She said quietly. Did it mean anything? Was it too late to save him?

"Then his spark has not been completely extinguished! His body is dead, but his spark still holds on."

The Autobots began to exchange wild glances at eachother, wondering if something could be done. The fact that his spark had taken a full hit point-blank and was still faintly alive was a rarity in itself. By all means it should have been completely destroyed.

"Soundbreaker. Listen to me," Optimus continued, "if you join your spark with his, it will renew his energy. A full spark bond should have the capability to revive him completely."

"I'll do it." She said without a moment's hesitation.

"You sure, Kid? The both of you will forever be interlocked after this. Besides, what if it doesn't work? If your spark rejects his it could cause further damage." Hound warned her.

"His spark is dying already! What choice do I have?" Song asked.

"Good point," Hound answered, " 'Cause I ain't doin' it."

She looked back down at his spark chamber. Even if spark bonding with Crosshairs later turned out to be a mistake, it didn't matter. If it was the only thing then that could save his life, so be it. She spoke up uneasily, "Optimus, how do I--"

"You'll need to get your spark chambers closer together," Optimus explained, "the rest of you, be on your guard. Bonding leaves both sparks unprotected and unshielded from harm."

She carefully climbed on top of Crosshairs' body. There wasn't going to be a real efficient way of doing this, but she had to try. She aligned their spark chambers as best she could, leaning over his cold form.

She took a breath, and opened her spark chamber to reveal a beautifully bright, violet orb of energy. "How... how do I move it?"

"Just relax and focus on putting it to his. If your spark is willing, it will do the rest."

Song closed her optics for a moment, trying to channel whatever energy she had left into moving her spark forward.
Ever so slowly, her spark transferred itself from her chest to Crosshairs'. It almost seemed to tremble for a moment as it first made contact with its dying counterpart. As they continued to touch, Song's spark began to feed it more and more of its own energy, which in turn, made Crosshairs' spark grow a brighter blue by the second.

Everyone watched in awe as they witnessed one of the most sacred unions imaginable. The humans, especially, stood speechless as the pair of living energies began to hover. They circled eachother, each time melding closer, and glowing brighter, until the light was nearly blinding.
The entire area around them had all at once been filled with golden, sparkling light. At the peak of their dance, the two sparks had fully melded into one. Then they slowly descended back down, separating, at least physically, and returning to the safety of their chambers.