Prologue

......

It's dark.... that's because it's a dream. A memory.
For a moment, she saw nothing--then, as if all at once, everything falls into play. It all comes back; the pain, the horror... the fear.

There was the good day, when it all began. The day her over zealously adventurous nature got the best of her and her life would never once be the same.

Then there was that day her heart was torn in two, her soul completely crushed... and her whole world was thrown into a whirlwind of chaos.

"Jazz!!" Her heart pounded, her skin bled. Her blue eyes were wide and glazed over, unable to blink.

Before she knew it, she was back at one of the most catastrophic moments in her twenty-four years of life.

She stood helplessly, mouth agape, hands tangled in her snarled black hair as they desperately grasped the sides of her head. She didn't hear the crowds screaming anymore, didn't smell the blood and smoke. But she could feel the furious, burning pain that had seemingly sliced her in two. She had already seen a lot that day... But this was different.

The day she'd decided to jump into that silver Pontiac Solstice, and evidently away from home, was the day that changed everything, dare she say, for the better. Simply stating she was "tired" of her parents constant neglect and ignorance of their daughter was putting it kindly. Her utter hatred of her old life, and undying thirst for excitement and adventure, pushed her to the edge one fateful night when a mechanical alien, a Cybertronian, crash-landed through an old stadium.

Song had a knack for visiting that same stadium... illegally... in the middle of the night no less. The moment the two "trespassers" had introduced themselves, Song knew it was destiny to go with him. To join the mission of what he had called the "Autobots." Freedom fighters from a mechanical world, far from Earth.

"Pretty brave for a lil' lady," he'd proclaimed, unsure if taking her with him was a good idea. She'd spotted him, so she had already put both of them in danger. Keeping her safe and making sure she didn't go ratting him out seemed like a reasonable decision.

"You ain't seen nothin' yet!" She hollered, eagerly jumping into the sleek vehicle mode that was Jazz.

Not but two, maybe three months after their initial encounter, Song watched him die. So much had happened in such a little amount of time...
In the heat of battle, in the middle of a populated city, with one goal: destroy an apparently life giving cube... the Allspark.

What made this task particularly difficult was the fact that a group of rather destructive Cybertronians, known as Decepticons, were itching to get their hands on the cube and use it to awaken a worldwide army.

The Autobots were doing everything they could to stop them. Song had stuck near Jazz like glue after the Autobot leader, Optimus Prime, had made the decision to officially designate him as her guardian.

After riding with Jazz through a collapsing city filled with violence and war, he'd forced her out of his alt mode in order to transform and aid his team in the fighting.

"Stay there!" He'd commanded her, "behind me! I'll protect you!"

She never said a word to him after that, she'd been too speechless to say anything ever since they'd arrived in the city. It would later become one of the biggest regrets of her life.

Jazz, who seemed to have a knack for biting off more than he could chew, made a courageous yet fatal attempt at taking on the Decepticons by himself, and was evidently caught in the ruthless talons of Megatron, the Decepticon leader.

This was the consistently reoccurring nightmare replaying in her dreams. Never ceasing to disturb her.

The helpless couldn't help those who needed it. The powerless could not over take their weakness. The hopeless could not have hope. The wingless could not fly. And so she stood, looking up, a mere ant among giants, and was forced to see the only being she'd ever considered to be a "friend" get mercilessly ripped in half.

"No..." She cried, sobbed... wept, one of the few times in her life. Normally, she would go out of her way to conceal anything that could be considered "weakness," but then again, she had never experienced loss until now. And the pain, oh the unimaginable pain. Pain she hadn't even thought to be physically possible...

She did everything she could to convince herself that it hadn't been her fault.
'There's nothing you could have done to save him. You were utterly powerless. There's nothing that could have been said, nothing that could have been done...'

And yet, there was still guilt. Regret. Remorse. Pain. Ever since the discovery of the "Transformers," she had felt smaller than ever before.
............