Ch. 16 Charge Together

During the ten minutes they flew around the planet's atmosphere, heading for China, most of everyone was quiet.

Crosshairs and Song sat directly across from eachother. He sat boredly staring off into space, while she sat looking down at the floor.

"Song?" He spoke up out of nowhere, continuing to look straight at the wall behind her.

"...Yeah?"

"About a week ago, I told you I wanted to be more to you than just a replacement for... you know--" He paused, taking a hesitant glance at her. She sat quietly, patiently waiting to listen to what he had to say.
"--I want to be a new hope for you. A renewal to another life. I want to heal the space in your soul, your spark, not replace it."

Her heart dropped, and she shook her head slightly, "Cross, I--...I don't know if that's possible. I mean... You're not saying that we should--"

"No. At least not yet. But I think it could happen."

"Cross... a spark can only bind to a single mate, even after death. Jazz made that very clear to me after it had been done."

"I know, but yours was a spark-soul bond. You're newly born spark hasn't touched another."

"A-are you saying my spark and my soul are different? Separate?"

"I'm only saying its a possibility, Song. Not reality. But still..."

...........

She could feel everything. Every rip, every tear, all radiating from her inner most being. She could feel the final, fleeting moments if his life.

The last thing he'd felt was the sheer pain if his body being ripped in two, and the all out fear and helplessness that came from his Sparkmate, far down in the streets below. He knew she had to watch him die; feel him die.

Worst of all, she could feel his Spark being extinguished. Her very soul seemed to cry out in pain as it lost its partner... and one was forced to became two; a sacred binding reversed.
It shouldn't have been this way. It wasn't ever supposed to be this way. And yet, that's the way reality flowed.

He was gone, and she'd failed to save him.
............

"Look...Crosshairs, it's nothing against you, but-- even if it was possible to Sparkbond again, I honestly don't know if I'd ever want to. I don't think I can ever handle that kind of loss again, if it were to happen. It would be painful enough to lose you now... But, to bear the added emotional, mental, and physical pain from both sparks all at once? Its an abso-- no, it's more than an absolutely, indescribable, everlasting, excruciating pain. And while it may dull over time, it never fully goes away."

Crosshairs was about to speak, but the ship lurched forward. Cade and Bumblebee moved to the back of the ship, followed by Hound, Shane, and Tessa. The door opened, revealing Joshua standing atop the roof of a building, he had a large black bag.

"Joshua!" Cade called to him.

"Hey! It's me! Hey!" The familiar bald man shouted. He held up the bag, presumably the Seed.

"Bring it over now! Let's go! Hurry up, run! Hurry! Come on!" Cade yelled.

"Let's go! Move it!" Hound joined in.

Song ran over to try and help, but there was too much commotion at the back of the ship.

Suddenly, there came a loud explosion from outside and the whole vessel shook uneasily. Song grabbed at the wall to steady herself. Looking outside she spotted a KSI prototype that had apparently fired upon their ship. There was no doubt among any if them that it was Megatron's, or rather Galvatron's doing.