Ch. 8 The Reunion

The course of a month went by before the winds began to change. Within that time Song did what she could to get to know her new comrades. She also learned of an apparent bounty hunter of some sort, Lockdown, who'd been helping Cemetery Wind in the hunting of cybertronians, specifically, Optimus Prime.

To her upmost joy, Drift, Bumblebee, and Crosshairs willingly took time to help her train for combat. Even Hound began to warm up to her somewhat. Although, there was still a bitter feeling that, aside from maybe Bumblebee, they still hadn't fully accepted her as one of their own. An ally, yes. An Autobot? No.

"Every shot counts, Soundbreaker. Aim carefully," Crosshairs ordered.

Song steadily aimed her cannon at the chalk target drawn on a rock wall almost half a mile away from where she stood.
Shoot. Miss. Shoot again. Hit the wall, but not the target. Shoot. Miss again. She adjusted her aim once more before--

"Hey, ey! Settle down. Here, align your sights. Treat your cannon like a gun," Crosshairs reached forward from behind her and grabbed her arm, adjusting it for her.

She tried firing again, this time hitting the outter edge of the target.

"Maybe--I should--help her. I use the same--type of--weaponry," Bumblebee suggested as he strolled up to the two.

"Like you'd teach her any better," Crosshairs scoffed. "Where'd you come from anyway? I thought you were on patrol."

"Just--got back," Bee replied, before walking over to Song's side, who was intently awaiting instructions from either one of them. "Here--like this. Aim--just below--work with the--wind." Like Crosshairs had done, Bee helped readjust her aim. However, he helped her in firing the cannon as well.

With Bumblebee gently guiding her just so, with his digits spread across the metal plates of her waist, she was able to take better aim. She fired her cannon, and very nearly hit the center of the target.

Crosshairs grumbled and folded his arms as he watched. He mentally reminded himself that there was no way a scout was better than him.

Suddenly, Hound and Drift came charging over with glee on their faceplates.

"We got intel from Prime. He's back!" Hound hollared.

"He gave us a warning," explained Drift, "he is calling us to reunite at last."

"We'll need to--move out. Find a safer--postion--and await him," decided Bumblebee.

Song rode with Crosshairs again, it seemed like it just became habit to go to him first. Sure, she knew and loved Bumblebee, she'd fought alongside him and the first Autobots from the very beginning, ten years ago. But the strange fact was, the nearly three and a half months she and Crosshairs had spent together were oddly different. The two had hidden out together and practically fought off Cemetery Wind back to back. It almost reminded her of all the one on one time she used to spend with Jazz.
Jazz...
.............

It was sundown, Jazz had been waiting for an Autobot signal to let him know where he would need to regroup.

"This Earth place seems like a cool zone to chill out. Teach me how to fit in, will ya?" Jazz said to Song in his natural, upbeat tone.

The seventeen year old giggled at the Autobot's enthusiasm, "Sorry bud, you got the wrong girl for that. I've never exactly "fit in" with society. But hey, what do you say we do something fun while we wait for your friends. We could go steal food from a drive thru. Or egg someone's house or something."

Jazz chuckled, "Sorry little lady, but somehow I feel like that would be going against Earth customs. Let's stick to exchanging life stories for now, cool?"