September, 26th, 2013

Harry–

After I woke up at Evangeline’s home the other day, I realized that I have missed Veronica’s party by hanging out with Evangeline. It surprised me to no end that I forgot about such matter by only hanging out with her. It was absurd, hard to be believed. But, I suppose I forget the world around me when I am with her, causing me to forget a very important event to attend.

So I e-mailed Veronica later on, sparing her any affecting excuse for my strange absence. Of course, I did not tell her that I forgot going to the party because I was with my girlfriend back then; I told her that I had some kind-of an emergency that surprisingly came up. I was relieved that I had to lie through e-mails than speak on the phone or lie face to face as I was a terrible liar. It’s been eight days since sleeping over at Evangeline’s and since we all woke up to her manic episode.

That episode was quite strange, seeing as she was awoken by a nightmare before going through the concussion. I took it shockingly to be quite honest, and I bet her parents were baffled too. On the morning the next day, her parents did not even question my stay at their daughter’s room or look at me quizzically like I thought they would. I guess they were too consumed with their daughter’s conditions to even bother me.

In the last week or so, I have seen Evangeline twice due to her state and my busy work. We met up at the park late at night once when it was vacant and clear of any trace of a human being but us and the second time, we met up at the parking lot where we first met. We remained in the parking lot, sitting for hours on the pavement and talking about senseless matters. We did not enter the tiny bar that night as it seemed to be crowded and her conditions prevented her form being with anyone but me. It always amazed me how I was the only person she willed to spend her time with in spite of her social anxiety.

Niall suddenly emerged from inside into the living room, shirtless and stretching his bare arms. I scrunched up my nose in disgust. “Go and put on a shirt or whatever, you’re ruining my eyesight.” He snorted loudly before making his way back inside, coming back with one of my missing shirts on. Well, I guess it wasn’t really missing after all.

“When are you ever going to stop snatching my shirts without permission?” I asked in annoyance, looking from behind my glasses at his blank facial expression.

“When you accept seeing me half naked in the apartment, which is partially mine by the way.” Shaking my head, I averted my eye gaze back to the newspaper I was reading, knowing there was no use in lecturing him about anything. “What are you reading, anyways?”

I heard as he threw himself forcefully on the worn-out couch before replying, not sparing him a single look. “A newspaper, obviously.”

“No shit, Sherlock. Why you so grumpy this morning?” I shrugged nonchalantly, attempting to wave him off, wishing he’d find something else to do rather than interrogate me. Apparently, he had other plans in spending his morning that day. “No seriously, you look… I don’t know, but you don’t usually look like this while reading anything; especially a newspaper.” He pressed, and I huffed before folding the papers and setting them down on my lap, looking at him intently.

“I guess I am bored, that’s all.” Out of the blue, he perked for an unknown reason which I did not want to know nevertheless. He kept beaming at me for quite some time, which was discomforting to bear with. Finally, I decided on speaking. “What, Niall?”