August, 3rd, 2013

Harry– 

That night was spent in splattering water on each other, swimming in the chilly sea or having walks on the shore and talking about ourselves.

From what Evangeline has said about her life, I’ve learned that she’s not quite sociable, just as I am, and a lonely child to non-divorced parents unlike most. She even mentioned that despite being married for 22 years, they still look at each other the same way.

But unlike all the cliché stories\movies, Evangeline didn’t say she wanted a love like her parents’, she never even mentioned what love is in her perspective. I, on the other hand, silently wished for a love like that.

I didn’t say anything about myself more than I write articles weekly to newspapers as a career and that I’ve graduated college recently. She mentioned that she dropped out of school when she was in her second year as she couldn’t take in everything over there, which was a bit weird to be honest.

“I still cannot believe you’ve been seeing a girl and never told your best-friend.” Niall complains as we both sit in the living room working on our laptops, him editing photos of his last wedding and me writing an article to the newspaper I’m supposed to be working at.

It’s been a week and Niall have been mad at me for seeing Evangeline and never telling him except the night we went back home from camping. But from a different perspective, am I even seeing her as like dating her? I guess not.

“And I can’t believe Janice is your girlfriend even though you’ve been seeing each other for like… a week?” He rolled his eyes while continuing with his work.

“Unlike you, my friend, I’m a straight forward guy. When I want a girl, I claim her as mine as soon as I have the chance.” I snored and he laughed.

“Then I’m glad I am unlike you.”

I still cannot believe that a girl like Janice has accepted being the girlfriend of a guy who hasn’t been with her for more than a week. Yes, Evangeline once told me that Janice had lots of boyfriends and that she’s got a dating problem, but my mind didn’t wander this far. It is extremely unbelievable.

I heard the lid of Niall’s laptop close. “You know what fires up my curiosity?” He asks and I glance up at him. “How did she tell you her name when you so-creepily followed her out of the bookshop, knowing you’re a stranger?” I smiled, remembering that day.

“Unlike you, my friend, I am a charming guy. When I ask a girl for her name, she gives me it as soon as possible.” I mocked him and he just snored.

“Please, as if you even had a girlfriend once in your lifetime.”

“Lauren was my girlfriend.” I argued, but he just eyed me, as if disbelieving.

“For God’s sake Harry, Lauren was your ‘date’. Besides, that was when we were in year seven. We were kids.” He added air quotes to the word date in order to add more emphasize on it.