May, 5th, 2015

Harry-

"So, you think you'll be able to go shopping with me tomorrow?" Niall questioned: the essence of liquor floating from his mouth and swarming all over the surrounding atmosphere, making me flare my nostrils involuntarily. Chuckling, I placed a hand over his shoulder, causing him to partially stumble backwards. Luckily though, he managed to steady himself before falling on the cement pavement.

"Man, you sound like the whining girlfriend I never had." My remark caused him to furrow his eyebrows and gather his lips in a pouty pose, arousing a smirk of mine at his expression.

"But Harry," he whispered in some sort of secrecy, "Don't you already have a girlfriend?"

I laughed, "Yes: yes of course I do, but I've never had a whiny girlfriend so I used the expression 'I never had', understood?" Despite Niall's drunken state of confusion, I somewhat found my comment rather funny. Maybe a teensy bit funnier than a stand-up comedian's one. Well, maybe that's a little bit exaggerated.

Niall looked over at me with scrunched eyebrows and a disgusted expression that was hilariously mixed with evidential confusion. It was indeed amusing to watch as Niall got drunk, but what was even more amusing was to watch him after being a hundred percent drunk; hearing his slurred words and unmeaningful sentences and watching as he found everything confusing and deeply thought about the secret behind the Bing Bang, as if the phenomenon itself was not a secret already.

"Your sarcasm is so unhealthy: both mentally and physically." He stated, pointing his shaky index at me. The alcohol had its own effects on him.

I laughed. "Physically? How so?"

He stared at me, dumbfounded for a moment or two before staring off into the distance to think, narrowing his eyes all the while. After a minute of silence, me muffling my chuckles and his deeply thinking about an answer, he finally shrugged, looking back at me. "Eh, I don't know." He gave up, turning around and walking two or three steps away. He suddenly then turned around, and said: "Don't forget, shopping for the tuxes tomorrow at three in the mall, love you!"

I continued laughing as I waved him off, then I turned around and headed towards my parked car, trying to shake the slight cold off, but thankfully enduring it for it was reduced due to the few shots I had taken in the bar with Niall. Of course I did not allow myself to get completely drunk as one of us ought to drive the other, and since it was me who was sober enough by the time we decided to get back to our homes, I drove Niall to his home: the apartment he shares with his fiancé. Petty mad, isn't it? One minute your best-friend is a single loser, walking around the apartment you both share in his dirty underwear and messing the living room with crisps and beer and cans, then the other, he's engaged and soon to be married. We were eve going shopping for his tux tomorrow, which was absolutely mental, if you asked me. But then, who am I to think of all this as insanity? Who thought the depressing, laptop-bound, geeky Harry Styles would ever find true love, love and be loved in return? And who, I a million years, thought that he would be falling for someone like Evangeline: a complicated soul with an equally complicated life?

Come to think about it, life does not treat us expectedly. It comes barging in on us in the moments we least expected to be interrupted during, and it sends us off of our feet and upon the ground in less than instant; wrecking our fixed boats and sinking our sailing ships. Life is unexpectedly beautiful, disregarding the whole surprise and the terrible consequences that come before the happy ending.

I believe everyone does have a happy ending; whether it's depressing or cheerful, whether you end up winning the girl, or breaking up because you fucked up real bad, whether you end up saving the day or ruining it, whether the ending causes cheers or whether it causes cries and tears. No matter the ending, it's what's best for us, and the best is definitely happy, whether we realize that soon or after a while. For at least we have an end, we have closure, not left of hook, dangling, not knowing a particular destiny for ourselves.