September, 6th, 2013

Song\s: You’re All I Have – Snow Patrol.

Evangeline–

The problem to Evangeline wasn’t that she got to break down, see fake things or hallucinates almost all of the time; it was the fact that she didn’t easily believe the things that were told to her, especially his words and sayings. There were always these sickening voices in her mind and demons in her brain convincing her that all he ever said were lies; that he claims he loves her only to break her remaining just like Paul did.

She’s always been confused and puzzled whenever it came to deciding what’s right for her as her disorder constantly tried to mess with her head. The first day she saw Harry, she didn’t know if he was imaginary (a figment of her disoriented mind) or if he was real, a real man staring at her in the way he did; a very strange yet appealing way. When she saw him the following time in the bookshop and witnessed her mother see him too, she became sure of the fact that he was real. For a huge portion of the time she’d spent with Harry, she’d always asked herself why he was this drawn and interested in her. But, she knew it wasn’t for the fact that she was ill as she hadn’t told him that yet.

After telling him about herself and her disorder, she was convinced Harry wasn’t as bad as Paul, not even bad at all. He hadn’t showed her pity or faked hurt for her, she knew he was someone angelic who coincidentally entered her life. And now, she knows he’s not going to hurt her at all, not even mistakenly. It’s her who can hurt and ruin him; she can break him with her jumbled state as he cares about her so much.

The day she broke down at his apartment, voices in her head kept telling her that he was going to ruin and tremendously fuck her up. All while convincing herself that he wasn’t going to; she could see and feel Harry’s panicking state. He thought she was too consumed to even see things or feel anything properly but she did; she saw how concerned and worried he seemed to be about her. And she knew since that moment that she was Harry’s soft spot; if anything happened to her, he’d perish.

The day Harry told her he loved her was the happiest day of her life so far; she wasn’t able to contain her happiness or her excitement or her feelings for him anymore. The audio delusions in her head weren’t affecting her as badly as they used to do, they were merely even there. They tried to convince her that he doesn’t love her and that he only pities her, but she knew better; she knew he loved her, so much that is. All their moments together proved so; the way he’d watch her while she talked, the way he smiled when he saw her, the way he was always concerned about her, the fact that he always wants to see her too proved it all.

Today, Evangeline felt herself sharing the exact same feelings towards Harry, and they weren’t only feelings, the emotions were love. She loved him for who he is and how he’s always there for her, how he’d make all her worries vanish into thin air and how her life was so much easier with him. How he wasn’t afraid of her, he was instead afraid of the world hurting her broken heart, how he loved her so much with all the love he could muster. And she felt absolutely all the love she could gather in her wounded heart too towards him.

He fell in love with her quicker than you can count to five and she fell without even realizing that this was love she felt.

“Mother, where are my meds?” Evangeline asked her mother who was snuggled close to her father as they watched some horror movie at one in the afternoon. Her parents were so similarly strange, but they were also so perfectly in love. Evangeline smiled at the thought of Harry and her being like her parents one day.