Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Emily's POV

"So clearly you don't like your grandparents." I mutter as I stand in front of the full length mirror that is hung up on the closet door. I hold up a red, strapless dress that hugs at the abdomen and fans out at the hips. It comes down to the top of my knees. I cock my head to the side as I bring up a black dress with two inch sleeves. The dress has a similar design to the red one, other than the fact it has sleeves and cut outs on the back. (the two dresses are on the side)

"I have only met them once." Samuel says, avoiding the question. I look at him through the mirror, taking a peek as he pulls on a polo, exposing his toned abdomen and chest. My stomach twists with desire and I quickly look away as he turns to walk towards me. He stands behind me in the mirror and places a kiss to the back of my head. "I like the black one." He tells me.

"Because more skin is showing?" I tease. He loops his arms around my waist, laying his hands flat on my stomach.

"Because you would be too irresistible in the red one." I am speechless as he says this, pressing sweet kisses on my neck. I wasn't expecting him to say that. I tilt my head sideways as he flowers me with kisses.

"You know, I'm still mad at you." I mumble. Samuel lets out a growl as he nips at my skin. He pulls me closer to his strong stature, holding tight.

I close my eyes, leaning my head back against his shoulder as he sucks on my neck, most likely leaving many hickeys and love bites. I don't mind, however. I find it pleasurable and I never want it to end.

"I should apologize." He whispers. I can't help the laugh that escapes my lips, pulling away to turn and look up into his eyes.

"You? Apologize? Do you know how?" I push on his shoulder, walking past him towards the bathroom to change into the black dress, to Samuel's desire. After putting the dress on, I turn to look at my back, nodding in acceptance at the dress. I then comb my hair into a tight, neat bun and put on silver dangling earrings. With a touch of light makeup, I head out of the bathroom.

Samuel stands with his back to me, looking in the full length mirror as he buttons his jeans. His eyes check over himself, doing a self evaluation before he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. I notice the muscles in his back tighten as he tilts his head to the side and squints his eyes as if he is in pain.

Just give in. I hear a dark voice speak to him. My eyes widen as he lets out a growl, fighting with whoever is speaking to him. Give in to who you are supposed to be, Samuel. You are not an Alpha of the Colorado pack. You are not the son of Catherine Blackwood. You are the Khalzal. It is time you took your place.

No. I never wanted this. Samuel's back grows rigid, his frame shaking. He sounds so defeated, so weak and pained. Who is this guy? What does he mean by Khalzal? What is that?

We have trained you since you were a child. We didn't go through all that training for you to just back out. He voice shouts with a thundering voice that seems to hit Samuel hard. I see him open his eyes through the mirror, looking at himself with charcoal orbs.

I never wanted this. Leave me alone. I never wanted this.

You're only defying us because of your mate. Get rid of her and you can come join us. I let out a gasp as he says this and I look at Samuel in horror as he shakes his head.

"Sam." I call, trying to get him out of his trance, to bring him back to me. Whoever this monster is, I will not allow him to corrupt his mind. If Samuel has been dealing with him his whole life, there is no surprise that he would become as cold and harsh at the man in his head.