Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Samuel's POV

She lays there, unmoving and cold. I stare with wide eyes as I pull back from my still mate. I killed her... I killed her. 

My heart races, beating at an abnormal speed as I place a hand to her face. My touch doesn't stir her or send sparks up my arms. She only lays there, as if she was a lifeless corpse. Oh God, what have I done? I feel my heart rip and my stomach drop as I become quesy with disgust and even sadness. I killed my own mate. 

I wrap my arms around her and pull her to my chest. I am so sorry, my little mate. I am so sorry. I tuck her head under my chin and run my fingers through her hair, rocking back and forth for my own comfort. 

I am taken by surprise as a tear rolls down my cheek and rests at my jawline. I'm crying. For her. My little mate has me crying. And that lone tear seemed to open the dam, allowing more to flood down. I squeeze her body close to mine, trying to find some sort of comfort, however I know it is impossible. How could I find such a thing through my dead mate? 

How could I have been so selfish, so enraged to have done something so monsterous? 

It's because you're a monster.

You're a monster.

I'm a monster. 

"I'm so sorry, my sweet Emily." I whisper in her ear. "You deserved you much better." I place a kiss to her forehead and gently lower her to the bed, resting her head on the pillow. I get out of bed, pulling on my boxer briefs and brush my tears away as I go to the door to tell my family what I have done.

As I place my hand on the door knob, I hear a soft thumping sound. Something so light and quiet, it could only be one thing. I look over my shoulder to see my mate still laying there, however I see her chest heave up and down with gentle breathing. I hurry over to her side, kneeling on the floor as I brush hair out of her face.

Her eyes shoot open and she looks over to me. Instead of beautiful hazel eyes staring at me, they are replaces with fierce, bold, cobalt blue ones. Her lips part, "Mate." She says with a raspy voice. A smile takes place on my lips as I nod my head.

"Yes, I am your mate." I lower to place a kiss to her forehead as more tears roll down my cheeks. I don't know why, but for some reason, the Moon Goddess seems to grant me mercy and grace, and brought Emily back to me.

"What happened? Why is my wolf back?" She questions, moving to sit up. She gives me a quick look over, taking in my bare chest and my unbuttoned jeans. Her eyes widen with alarm as she shakes her head and moves away from me. "You took me. You pig! You took me, even while I was still unconcious!" She hollers at me.

I shake my head. "No, Emily, that isn't true. I di-" She curls herself up into a ball as tears roll down her cheeks.

"Get away from me. You're a monster." Her words are cold and honest. I am a monster. However, it being the truth doesn't ease the pain. I stand up, wounded with her words.

This is what happens when you get soft and weak. You cry and you get hurt. There is no point in me having feeling for this girl when she can barely look at me and cause me pain. No. I have been soft once, that is never to happen again. I am Samuel Blackwood. I care for nothing or no one. Including my own mate.

"Fine." I growl out at her. "You were a great lay, by the way. Expect me to be back." With that, I leave the room, ignoring the nagging at my heart that tells me to go back and make things right.

When I reach the hallway, I see my mother sitting on the floor, her back pressed against the opposite wall. She looks up at me with questioning eyes. "You didn't do it. Wha-what happened?" She asks. I shake my head and walk away from her. "You love her, Samuel. It is foolish to deny it!" She hollers after me.

"No mother. It is foolish to love the unlovable." I say over my shoulder.

Emily's POV

I lay in bed, listening as my wolf desperately tells me to go after our mate and make things right. "He hurt us. He used us, just like those men in the woods. He is not better than them. Why should we go after him?"

He is our mate. I close my eyes and cry. Yes he is our mate. How dare the Moon Goddess give us such a poor excuse as a mate. He is nothing short of cruel and coniving. All he seeks is to bring pain and torment to the people around him. He shall see no love and care from me. I will be his mate. I will stand by his side, but I will never love the unlovable. 

I know it is really short, but I'm at College and class is about to start! So I'll hopefully update again by tonight or Saturday! Love you all!