Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Emily's POV

"How are you enjoying your stay?" Blake questions as he takes a seat next to me on the couch. I look over at him, giving him a cold sneer. He only offers me a goofy smile. Ilene, his beautiful mate, comes and sits on his lap, giving me a look of sympathy. 

"Come on, it could be worse." She whispers to me. I continue to stare at her, asking myself how it could be any worse. "You could be living here without us." She shrugs. I shake my head.

"Everyone I ever knew is dead. I am mated to the most monstrous being in the planet. And I am living with strangers. I'm sorry, but you are nothing but strangers to me." Ilene looks over at Blake who just shrugs and rests his head on her shoulder. 

"Alright. Then lets change that." She jumps to her feet and offers me a hand. "We're going shopping. You need a new wardrobe. I don't mind you borrowing my clothes and all, but you need your own." I glance over at Blake who is smiling at his mate like a maniac before he pushes me to my feet. 

"Go have fun." 

Ilene grabs my hand and leads me to the front door. I have no idea as to where Samuel is, but he hasn't made an appearance since he raped me, three nights ago. Apparently he is sleeping on the couch and is changing his clothes when I am in the shower. I don't know when or where he is taking a shower, but it's not in our shower.

I shiver. Did I just say that? Our shower? 

Our. As in we share the shower.

That's because you do.... My wolf reminds me. I shake my head. No I don't, I share nothing with him. If he wants, he can take his shower back. I'll gladly leave that bedroom and go to another. 

I find myself getting into a silver Honda Civic with Ilene in the driver's seat. She starts the car yet doesn't go anywhere. I look up to see why. A strong, emotionless Samuel stalks towards her window. "Where are you going?" He asks, refusing to meet my gaze. I can't deny the fact that I want him to look at me. Just once. One more time. Please.

"I'm taking her to the mall to buy her clothes." Samuel nods before he pulls out his wallet and hands her a blue Chase card. 

"Put it on my tab." Without another word, he turns and leaves us sitting there. Ilene looks over at me, letting out a breath she must have been holding. 

"Well that was...sweet of him?" She arches her eyebrow, clearly not sure what to take from what just happened. 

"He wouldn't know what sweet is, even if it bit him in his uptight ass." I grumble. Ilene giggles and puts the car in drive, taking us away from the mansion that has held me prisoner. 

I lay my head against the head rest and wait for us to get to the mall so I can get the day over with. I want nothing more than to get back and find solitude in Samuel's bedroom. Only because I know there is no risking running into him. 

When we get to the mall, Ilene takes me towards Forever 21 where I try on these ugly leather shorts with rhinestones on them. I laugh as they fit me perfectly and make my butt look luscious and appealing. I pull on the brownish orange shirt that I picked out to go with the shorts. However, the shirt was very sexy. The open back was revealing and I smiled. I love it. 

I push the door open to show Ilene and her eyes instantly go to the shorts, laughing her ass off. She shakes her head. "No. Pass. I like the shirt though!" I nod, about to turn to undress however I stop when I see her eyes widen in horror as she stares at me legs. "Oh my God." She mutters. I glance down to gasp at the nasty gashes on my thighs. "Emily.... Why isn't your wolf healing them?" She asks. I open my mouth and shake my head. 

"I don't know. They should all be gone. Even the one on my face." I turn to look in the mirror and yet it is still there. How did I not notice this earlier? Is it because I am so used to seeing it, that it has become nothing short to normal to me? 

"That doesn't make sense. Once you mated with Samuel, your wolf should have come back stronger than ever." She looks around and then comes back with a hanger that she snaps in half. She places it to my arm and cuts it. I hiss in pain, and we both watch as blood leaks. But it never heals. "Can-Can you transform?" She whispers under her breath to me. She digs in her purse to have me a wad of tissues. I dab the blood away as I shrug. 

"I don't know. I never tried." 

"Contact her. Now." She orders. I let out a breath and square my shoulders. 

As I go to speak to her, I can barely feel her within me. Only a shadow of a being. "She's slipping away again. Ilene, how is this possible?" I ask as tears prick in my eyes. I can't lose her again. She is what makes me strong. I need her. Ilene shakes her head. 

"Mating Samuel should have made the bond stronger than ever before." She whispers. Then she scrunches her eyebrows together and I watch as she stands there for a few moments, still as a statue with a serious look on her face. 

"What are you doing?" I whisper to her. 

"I'm talking to Blake." She tells me. What does she mean she's talking to Blake? She's not using her cell phone... 

"How?" Ilene snaps out of her trance and looks at me with utmost confusion. 

"With the mind link. You get it when you mate... Haven' t you been able to hear Samuel's thoughts, even when you didn't want to?" She asks.

I shake my head. No. I barely even hear my own wolf, let alone hear another being. Ilene opens her mouth, looking scared, just as she had before. 

"I don't think you guys ever mated." She whispers. 

"What? No, we had to. My wolf came back." I tell her. 

"Your wolf must have come back to protect you, to revive you. It has happened before. They can come back to revive their human if they die. But they don't stay for long, they grow weak and disappear just like before. Emily, Samuel didn't rape you."

Oh my God. What have I done? He had changed. He cared about me, he cried for me, he showed me the love he has for me in his eyes. But I blamed him for rape. I pushed him away, severed whatever connection we could have had. I pushed away any sliver of humanity I had given him. 

This is all my fault. I am losing my wolf, and I fear that it may be for good this time. 

Ilene is on the side!