Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Samuel's POV

I watch as Emily lays curled up with her back to me, her arms covering her face as if she was shielding herself from something. Her soft breathing lets me know she is still asleep, that I haven't awaken her. As I stare at her, I can't help but think to myself that she truly is beautiful, even though she does have the horrendous scar on her face. 

As she sleeps, my wolf seems at peace for the first time in a long while. I convince myself that that is all that this is... I have no feelings towards her-my wolf does. In the end, she is just a worthless lowlife, just like the rest of them. 

I move to withdraw my hand that has been lightly drawing circles on her arm, but freeze however when she starts whimpering. Emily rolls over onto her stomach, clutching it tightly as she lets out moans and gasps. What's happening to her? Is she in pain? 

Not knowing what to do, I place an arm around her waist and pull her close to my chest, allowing her to find comfort in my embrace.... Or at least I am hoping she will. She places her face into my bare chest and sparks rush over my body and I am stunned by the sensation. I gaze down at her, pleased that she has quieted down and is finally at peace again. 

A smile plays on her lips as she lets out a purring noise and snuggles closer into my hold. "Samuel." She whispers. I freeze for a moment. Has she awaken? She cannot know about this. After tonight, I will never hold her in my arms again. I am only doing this to shut her up....

When she doesn't open her eyes or make any notion of waking up, I realize that she's dreaming. About me. 

My wolf lets out a growl in pleasure; our mate is dreaming about us. 

This time, however, she does wake up. I watch as she leans back and looks up at me, blinking her eyes so they can adjust and see who it is in bed with her. Before I can remove myself from her, she let's out an ear piercing scream. 

Emily's POV

"Emily." My name pours off his tongue like hot butter. I let out a purr as he holds me securely in his arms, gazing down at me with such love and desire. "You are so beautiful, my dear Emily." I let out a scoff and shake my head. 

"I am not. My face is scarred. I'm hideous." I mumble, bowing my head in shame. I may have been beautiful before the attack, but those monsters ruined my appearance for the rest of my life. Samuel places a warm hand under my chin and lifts it up so our eyes connect. He looks at me gently, brushing hair away from my eyes. 

"No, my sweet girl. You are the most lovely creature in all the world." He leans down and places a chaste kiss on my lips. 

"Hmmm, Samuel." I wrap my arms around his neck and deep the kiss, reveling in the feel of having our bodies so close. He allows no space between us, our bodies are in contact from head to toe. 

A deep growl pull us apart and I find myself slipping away from the Samuel that holds me in his arms. 

I open my eyes to see what it is that has disturbed my dream. And what I find is nerving and heart stopping. My mouth falls open as a scream fills the room. I have never seen such a horrifying sight-Samuel looking down at me, the moonlight reflecting off his face, revealing smudges of blood. 

Samuel releases his hold on me and I find myself frailing, so much so that I am now on the ground. I retreat into a corner, continuing to scream. What was he doing in bed with me?! Why is he covered in blood? More importantly, who's blood is it? 

I hear footsteps, I have waken everyone up. There is soon pounding at the door and I hear a growl from the bed causing me to see a furious Samuel get up and stalk to the bedroom door. I growl even more horrified at the fact that he is naked. What was he planning on doing to me?! 

The bedroom door is thrown open and I hear Samuel shout for everyone to leave. However, Catherine and Drew shove their way through. They scan the area for signs of distress and when they lay eyes on me, the rush over to examine the damage. 

Catherine gathers me into her arms, holding me in a motherly embrace as Drew searches for any injuries. "Samuel, what did you do?!" Catherine snaps at her son. Drew lets out a growl, glaring up at him. 

"You are frightening this poor child! If I find out that you have forced yourself upon her, I swear I will-" 

"What? You will do what, father?!" Samuel interrupts Drew. I watch him closely, wondering what his next move is. Drew gets to his feet, standing in front of me. 

"I refuse to allow you to be near her if you only mean her harm! When you come to your senses and plan on taking her as you mate, then I will allow you to be near her. But I am going to take her away from this pack." Drew grabs my arms and makes a move to take me away however, Samuel's warm arms wrap around my waist and I am hoisted away from Drew and Catherine. He pushes me behind his body and hunches down before me, getting ready to pounce. 

"If you ever touch what is mine again, I will kill you!" Samuel snarls at his father, tone so vicious and cold that I become still with fear. I stare at the back of his head with wide eyes as Drew lets out a growl. 

"She isn't an object, Samuel!" Catherine let's out in a cry. 

"She is to me." Tears roll down my cheeks at his words. I'm nothing but an object to him... A thing. I am undesired by him.... He doesn't want me, but my body, my presence. Will he ever want me? Will Samuel, not his wolf, ever want me?

*

*

*

A few days pass and Drew was never capable of transferring me to the Kimerling Pack- Catherine's brother's pack. Samuel set up a sort of security. When he wasn't around to keep an eye on me, Blake was always looming around, making sure that Drew never got time to speak to me alone. The only person I was allowed to be alone with was Catherine. She has become a dear friend towards me. She has looked after me from the beginning. 

One day, when I was in the living room alone, she comes in to take a seat next to me. Blake is out of hearing range, but he keeps a good eye on me. She looks at me with a small smile and reaches over to play with my hair. I find it strange but I soon realize it is to shield her lips from Blake, so he can decipher what it is she is saying to me. 

"Listen. Drew has arranged a meeting with my brother Phoenix and yourself. You are going to go on a walk with Sarah, she is the only one who can get through to Samuel. She will take you deep into the forest, to where you will meet Phoenix. He will take you to the Kimerling Pack. There, you will be safe and they will nurse you back into full strength. He will even do exercises to help get your wolf back." She gives me a sad smile. "I am so sorry that it has to be this way, my dear. I wish you all the happiness in the world. Hopefully, it will be with my son, but if it is not, know that I am happy for you." She stands to place a kiss to my forehead and takes her leave. 

I watch after her, letting what was said to process. I am going to leave? I look down at my hands in my lap and bite my bottom lip. Was I really willing to leave my mate? Even though he is nothing short of cruel and brutal? Will I be able to leave my other half behind as I go forward to find a new life. 

A new life without Samuel Blackwood.