Bella's Birthday

Chapter 14

Jasper P.O.V

Today is Saturday, September 13th, which is Bella's birthday. I wanted to do something nice for her, something that she would remember forever. Thank god for Alice or I would have never got her gift on time, I got her a white gold cosmic opal ring and a Dark blue and purple galaxy maxi dress. I didn't want to go expensive with gifts, since I knew she didn't like my family spending so much money on her. But since she is apart of our family, we just wanted to make her happy and welcome. As for me whatever my mate wants, she gets.

I get up and take a shower and wear a dark blue button down shirt, black jeans that are torn on the knees with chain's on the right side of the pants, and my black cowboy boots, I brush my hair and leave it down since I know Bella liked it that way.

Once I'm dressed I text Bella and tell her that I would pick her up, around 4 or 5 pm. I wanted to take her to dinner then a place very special to me, and also for a desert picnic in the woods. Hell I wanted to play my guitar for her be decided not to. After I get down stairs I get a text back from Bella telling me she'd be ready by then, I walk in my study to also pick out a Classic book to give her as well.

I finally find what I'm looking for after a few minutes, I found an original copy of 'Mansfield Park by Jane Austen' off one of my shelves. I take it back to my room and wrap it up, and place it near the rest of the gifts Alice and I got for her.

I kill sometime by playing games on the X-Box with Em, and helping out the girls in the kitchen with the deserts for my picnic which were mostly pastries. About 3:45 pm I text Bella and tell her I would be on my way in a few, she texts me back the she is ready when I was. With that I flit up the stairs and grab my gifts and set them on the table, then grab the picnic basket. I tell Esme that I'm heading out, and she tells me to have a great day and to tell Bella that the family says Happy Birthday. I tell I will, I grab my truck keys and the gifts, and head to Bella's.

On the drive over I think about how I'm still a little paranoid about those nomads we ran into, ever since one of them had been in her room. I've been worried that they would keep trying to get to Bella. But ever since we've patrolled, we haven't caught here nor there of their scent or tracks. So we've been just taking it easy for now, but Peter, Charlotte, and I have been still watching, I just want my mate safe. I just don't like having my mate being unprotected.

About five minutes later I make it to Bella's and park behind Charlie's cruiser, and check the time on my phone. It reads 4:00 pm on the dot, I get out of the truck and walk up to the door. I knock on the door, as I'm sitting there I do the human thing of looking myself over.

I hear the door open and look up to see Bella dresses in a green and blue galaxy maxi dress, cosmic flats, and my bracelet and other bracelets on her right arm, and a northern star necklace. We say hello to each other, I kiss her and tell her happy birthday from the family and I. She thanks me and invites me in, she tells me she needs to grab her purse and her bag so she can stay the weekend with me, I nod and head to the living room where I see Charlie watching a basketball game.

We chat as I wait for Bella, Charlie asks where I'm taking her for her birthday. I tell him my plans, that I have for her like to take her to dinner and such. But ask him not to tell her, I wanted it to be a surprise for her. I also ask him if it's ok for her to spend the rest of the weekend with me, he tells me that's fine just have her back Sunday night at the latest. I nod and hear Bella coming down the stairs, she tells her dad she'll see him Sunday night and hugs him. He tells her happy birthday and hopes she enjoys the rest of her day.

We leave her house and make our way to Seattle, Alice thought it would be nice to go to an Italian place. Alice arranged for me while, I was hunting and visiting with Peter and Charlotte.