Hanging with Jasper

Chapter 4

Hanging with Jasper

Bella P.O.V

The drive home from school was nice. I took the scenic route home and watched the forest go by through my windshield. Along the way, I made a stop at the grocery store to pick up stuff for dinner. It was Friday. (A/N: Sorry, I didn't establish the date. It's Friday. (I'm making it Friday, so I can have them go hang out on the weekend.) I wanted to cook for Charlie and not have him eat takeout again. I picked up ingredients for shrimp Alfredo and also picked up snacks and drinks for school next week. While I'm looking through juices, my phone vibrates in my pocket, letting me know I have a couple of text messages.

I turned my phone off while I was in school since phones weren't allowed in class. I open my phone and see a text from Braxton and one from Jasper. Braxton's text was asking how my first day went and if I liked the town. I texted him back that it went great and told him about Jasper and the town. Once my first text message was sent, I opened the one from Jasper, and it read, 'Hey, it's Jasper. I was wondering if you had any plans for the weekend, because my parents would love to meet you. If so, let me know; if not, another time then.' I texted him back, saying I would have to ask my dad but had no plans for the weekend. I think to myself, 'Wow, his parents want to meet me. I wonder why. Maybe they want to meet Jasper's new friend.' While I was in the changing room with Rose at school, I remember her telling me that Jasper doesn't have many friends, and I was the first real friend Jasper had since they moved back. I felt bad for him but was happy that we met and got along so well. Once I was done with my shopping, I loaded the bags on the passenger side of the truck. As I got in the truck, I felt the same feeling I felt this morning, like someone was watching me, but it didn't feel creepy, but protected. I shake it off and drive home.

I reach home at about 4:30 p.m. I saw Charlie wasn't home yet, so I brought in the groceries and put them away. I head up to my room to change into black yoga pants, a long-sleeve space shirt, and black fuzzy socks. I began my book report, which I finished in an hour. I then studied for my pop quiz on history. After I'm done studying, I put my stuff back in my backpack and place it by the front door. I began cooking our dinner. A couple of hours fly by as I put the final touches on dinner, set the table, and do a quick load of laundry.

While I wait for Charlie to come home, I read my favorite book. Just as I started a new chapter, I heard the front door open, and Charlie hung up his gun belt by the door. He asks me how school went and if I made any friends. I tell him about Jasper and the Cullens. His dad tells me about his parents: Dr. Carlisle Cullen works at the hospital, and their mother is a well-known interior designer in Washington state. He also tells me that Jasper's siblings are all adopted, as I figured they were because seeing Rose and Emmett kiss when I was told they were sister and brother was a bit sketchy, but I guess since they weren't blood related, it wasn't so weird. We finish our meal, and Charlie grabs a beer from the fridge. As he heads for the living room to watch TV, I ask him about going over to the Cullen's tomorrow, to which dad says it's fine with him as long as I'm not out too terribly late.

I told him I wouldn't be, and with that, Charlie went to sit down. I wash the dishes and put the laundry in the dryer. I tell my dad goodnight, then head up to my room to get ready for bed and pick out what I'm going to wear for tomorrow. I go take a shower, so I don't have to shower in the morning. When I come back into my room after drying my hair, I pick up my phone and text Jasper that my dad said it was okay to come over. Jasper texted me back, "Awesome, I'll pick you up around noon, if that's not too early.' I texted him back, saying it wouldn't be too early, but the next text he sent made me smile, which was 'Sweet dreams, sugar." I set an alarm on my phone for 10 a.m., so I had time to read, get ready for tomorrow, and dream of a certain long-haired cowboy.

Jasper P.O.V

To say I was over the moon, when I got a text from Bella saying she could come over tomorrow, I nearly cracked the window in the whole house from how excited I was. I heard and felt everyone's happiness for me, but I also heard Esme scold me for almost breaking the windows. I laugh to myself and go out of my window to hunt.

I bagged me, a couple of mountain lions, and a dear, disposed of the carcasses, and went home to shower all the blood off me. I picked out my favorite outfit, which was a light blue and black long-sleeve flannel shirt, a black AC/DC shirt, another black pair of skinny jeans with handcuff chains on the right side of the pants, and my black combat boots. (I can't wear cowboy boots all the time.) I put the outfit on; I was trying to decide whether to take my F-150 truck or Ducati bike. I hear Alice from down the hall say, "Take your truck, Jaz; if you take your bike, her dad may not like it. Wait until your first official date to do so."

I sent her all of my thanks and placed the keys to my truck on my dresser. Now my last decision was if I would go watch my friend's house or stay home and read. I didn't wait for Alice's response; I dropped out of my window and let the pull in my chest guide me to where my mate was. I ran through the woods until I got to a white two-story suburban house. I didn't need to find which room my mate was in; I could hear her talking in her sleep. With the pain in my chest quelled, I jumped on the roof, making a soft thud, so they would think it was just a small animal.

I sat there for hours, listening to my mate's breath and dream. I felt happiness and a slight lust from her, which made me wonder what she was dreaming about, but it warmed my heart that my mate was happy. At about 9 a.m., I make my way back toward the house, lay on my bed, and wait until I can see my beautiful mate.

Chapter 4 is up and ready to read, so take a look and let me know what you think. Happy reading.

Word Count: 1213