Meeting Jasper's Parents

Chapter 5

Bella P.O.V

I hear my phone's alarm clock go off at 10 a.m. on the dot. I get up and go to the bathroom to get ready for today. I wash my face, brush my teeth, and put on some light makeup. When I'm done, I go to my closet and pick out an outfit. I picked another of my favorite galaxy dresses. It was a sleeveless U-neck pleated maxi dress. It had constellations on it and a few orange stars on it. I put on my sandals, which are blue to match my dress. I go down the stairs and find a note on the table from Charlie. It read, ' Gone fishing for the weekend; if you stay at the Cullen's that's fine; I'll see you Sunday, love dad." I smiled at the note. I should have known Charlie would go fishing this weekend, but I don't mind it because it keeps the freezer full and I get to try new fish recipes for Charlie and me.

I make myself eggs and bacon for breakfast with apple juice to go with it; once I'm done eating, I wash the dishes, do a quick load of laundry of sheets and our clothes, and then grab my book and sit in the living room waiting for the laundry to finish. At about 11:30 am, I put the clothes in the dryer, folded up last night's laundry, and put it away. The clothes in the dryer finished twenty minutes later, and right when I was about to go fold them up, I heard a knock on the door.

Looking at the clock in the laundry room, which read 11:55 am, I straightened my dress and calmed my nerves. I open the door to see Jasper there with a very small bouquet of light purple aster flowers. I smile as he hands me the flowers. To say he looks handsome would be an understatement; he looks like a god; his hair shined like the sun; and his outfit was so well-fitting that I could see his ripped muscles. I snap out of the trace that is his beauty and get a bit embarrassed when he says, "See something you like, sugar?" He winked and smirked at me.

I gave him a hug and thanked him for the flowers. I invited him in to sit in the living room while I went to finish putting up the laundry and also to put flowers in water and my book away. I came back down the stairs with my black sweater and saw him looking at pictures of me when I used to visit Charlie during the summer. I asked him if he was ready to go, and he nodded at me. We headed out the door. I see that Jasper was driving a black and red Ford F-150 truck with flood lights on the top of the roof of the truck. We walk over to the truck, and he holds the door open for me and helps me climb into the passenger seat. Once I was in and had my seat belt on, Jasper hopped in the driver's seat, and off we went to his family house.

Jasper P.O.V

As I was driving my truck to my family's house, I snuck a glance at the beautiful girl sitting in the passenger seat. She looked so cute in her dress and with the light makeup on her, though I prefer her without makeup. Either way, she looks beautiful. She was looking out the window as I drove. We have polite conversation and joke around; I love to make her smile. When we are about halfway to my house, I ask her about why she moved here and about her life. She tells me about her mom, her old school, and Arizona, where she was from, and she tells me about her best friend Braxton. I thought, ' At least she has someone who thought she was amazing as I did.'

She asked about my life, and I told her the story I've practiced when someone asked about me, which was that Rose and I came from an abusive home, and when I was 17 and she was 16, my parents abandoned us. We went through foster homes until Carlisle and Esme found us and adopted Rose and me. I can't tell her I'm a vampire just yet. I wanted her to either figure it out or wait until the right time to tell her my actual story. I pray that she won't think I'm a monster or that I want to hurt her. I feel sadness and love from her; she grabs my left hand and tells me she is sorry we had to go through that. I kiss her hand and tell her that we are better now that we have the Cullens for a family. I also tell her about my brother and sister, Peter and Charlotte. I make up the story that they were half siblings of my biological father and that I keep in contact with them. She smiles at that and asks me more about them. I tell her about them living in Texas and that I visit them during summer vacation. Just a bunch of stories about them, which made her laugh, and I was glad not to see her so sad anymore. It hurt me to see her sad but to feel such care from her when I told her "my story."