Reunited with Jasper

Bella's P.O.V

After watching the fight between Jasper and Maria's hunter Azrael, I can't say that I wasn't scared about what would happen to Jasper. I know vampires are strong, but I've watched Maria tear vampires apart as if it were nothing. So can you blame me, for worrying about my mate and his safety. But the moment I was in his arms, I felt like apart of me had been restored not just to my body. But to my soul like they were crying out to him to find me, and make me whole again. 

I would watch two Latin vampires one have short spiked blond hair, while the other had long black hair and a scare over his left eyebrow. They both were decked out in forest camo gear, and combat boots. They instructed Jasper's group to follow them to Maria's office, to discuss a pressing matter.

 I could slightly feel The Major come out, and place me behind his back in a protective manner. I could see his mouth softly move, and Peter along with the other vampire that he had brought with him. They would surround him, and follow closely as if they were his personal guard. But we all knew that he wouldn't need any protection, the two men began leading the way towards Maria's office.

As we walked down the hallway, I watched as vampires would be in a submissive pose as The Major walked pass. Their necks extended and to the right, there eyes were up towards the ceiling not even glancing in my direction. For fear they might be torn apart by The Major or Ares, we'd come to a stop at a black painted wood door and were told to wait in the hall. 

As we sat there waiting in the dimly lit hallway, I felt cool arms wrap around my waist and comfort wash over my body. I knew it to be the only vampire I wanted at this current moment, as I turned my head slightly to look at Jasper's face. I'd see his eyes were a blood orange, with small hints of his topaz color, this meant that all three were checking on me. But the one that spoke was The Major, he would ask me in a concerned tone while pulling me closer to him.

"Sorry sugar, Jasper wanted to come out to check on you. But Ares refuses to go back in his cage, but I at least wanted to come out and see how our mate was doing. Have they been treating you ok?"

I would nod at his question about if they were taking care of me, though it was only two vamps who actually were. But I would say to him in a calm tone,

"Yeah I have made a couple of friends here, that actually know you from the vampire wars. Does the name Yanica ring a bell?"

As I felt a cool hand caress my cheek, I watch him thinking about what I asked him. I see his eyes light up slightly as he said to me in a soft tone. 

"Oh wow that name is a blast from the past, I thought both her and her mate were dead. But I guess they must have escaped or been recaptured by Maria. I mean I know most who either left her service or ran away had been tortured to come back in one way or another. But I'm glad at least someone who was loyal to The Major looked after you, sugar."

I nod and smile softly at him, but as I was about to place a soft kiss to his lips. One of the two men came out of Maria's office and told us that she was ready for us, The Major would nod as his grip on my waist would slightly tighten. We walked through the door leading in to a run down foreman's office with a dark brow office desk along with two lamps and a black leather office chair. Maria was talking with Laurent, but as her eyes locked with our group. She dismissed him and said they would talk later, he would bow to her and then walk out of the door.

A soft smile would creep across her mouth, as she looked over at Jasper which sent my blood boiling cause no one looks at my mate. But she then says to us in a fake cheery tone,

"Welcome home El Mayor, also Peter so good to see you as well....Sorry for having to kidnap your pet, just to bring you back home...But I felt there was no other way for you both to come and fight for me."