27.

Haley Rivers

It has been a full week of Maddison annoying the hell out of me. She is everywhere. In my classes, around my friends, and even in my house. I honestly don't understand why she was hanging around me when she hates me. And the thing about Maddison is that she loves attention, which is something I hated when we were going up. It might have to do with my weight and my self-confidence at the time. Well, growing up was always the Maddison show. Even on MY birthday, she had to steal the show.

Everyone loved her.

There wasn't a time where she wasn't shown, love. Then there was me. Always in the corner or being alone was my thing. I didn't want attention, but sometimes it was hard trying to prove myself to my extended family members. Always comparing me and Maddison, which she loved because it made me seem like a lesser person to her.

But this time, it's going to be different, I'm not some naive, innocent little girl. And I realized I don't have to prove myself to anyone but myself. I'm going to live my best life, and Maddison can be in the background to witness it.

***

I woke up today feeling energized, maybe it's because I have made a deal with myself to be a better version of myself, and not to let anyone bring me down, not Maddison, not Robin, or Tyler.

Speaking of Tyler, we haven't spoken to each other since Maddison came to town. He has been coming around me to speak to me, but as soon as he would say something, Maddison would show up. It came to a point that every time I see him walking in my direction and would walk away.

Well, today is a Friday, which means I'll probably be at home curled up in a warm blanket watching movies all night or dragged to a random party. But knowing Raven, she is probably going to drag both me and LeLe with her to this party. Honestly, at this moment in time, I wouldn't mind. I'm going to have fun tonight and no one is going to stop me from that.

It was the end of the school day, and my friends were gathering up outside the school discussing what is going to happen tonight. To be honest, I kind of want to go out and have a good time. Just good vibes all around. 

"So, Haley are you down to party and get wasted tonight?" Raven asked 

"I'm ready to drink my heart out tonight," I said 

Tonight is going to be the night, I let loose and enjoy life. Not caring about what anyone thinks of me and just being myself. 

We begin making plans on how we were going to get to and from the party. Likewise, where we were going to meet up and stay at who's place. Which ended being mine, since my parent is apparently very chill. 

*** 

It was 10 pm and we were heading to the party, I was dressing in pants because I don't need any man trying to do something to me when I'm not sober to realized what is happening.  

When the girls and I arrived, all we saw were drunk teens outside this house, people making out in the front lawn, some that were passed out, and others that were just having the time of their lives. 

We entered the house, to see more teens drinking, dancing, playing beer pong, and having a good time. 

As I looked around, I have already lost my friends. I took this opportunity to get myself a drink and being my journey to being completely drunk. 

I walked into the kitchen and took about three-shot of vodka to start off the night. 

Just when I was about to take more shots, my annoying cousin walked in. 

I feel like she is everywhere I look. 

"I see you're trying to be less insecure," Maddison said as I was taking my fourth shot.  

"No, I'm drinking so I can tolerate your hideous personality." 

"You know Haley if you were less rude to people, maybe you'll have more friends." 

"And maybe if you stop taking so much bullsh*t, people will actually like you," I said 

Maddison just glared at me and walked back to where she came from. I seriously don't know how were are related. 

Just as I took my fifth shot, I left the kitchen to have a good time. 

I walked into the living room where most people were, I finally located my friends. They were with the guys having the time of there lives. Raven was vibing to the music, but LeLe was grinding all up on Ryan. This was the first time I've seen LeLe come out of her comfort zone. I guess she was pretty drunk. 

Just when I was about to go to my friends, someone grabbed me by the waist and brought my back towards their front. 

"Going somewhere?" A deep voice asked 

As soon as I heard the voice, I knew exactly who it was, 

F*cking Tyler.