pretend pt 2; mark

ikr FINALLY HAHA

-

you couldn't face mark anymore since that day.

you had trusted him with your heart, but he just threw it away like that;

wait, he didn't even had the intention to keep your heart.

you regretted being so naive to think that you actually had a chance with him.

how funny, even your "trustable" best friend proved to be extremely unloyal.

additionally, you blamed yourself for being so stupid for falling into their trap.

if you had actually thought through carefully before agreeing to be mark's girlfriend, you probably wouldn't be in this mess right now.

you knew your heart went out to him, but was it ever possible to forgive him?

-

"(y/n)-"

you got jerked back by a firm grip on your wrist.

"leave me alone, mark." you sighed, wrenching your hand out of his grasp.

"what's wrong with you? for once, could you just tell me?" he questioned with a raised voice.

"just stop playing with my feelings-" you blurted out, "you- you jerk."

mark's eyes widened in horror at what you had called him.

you bit on your lip in slight guilt, forcing yourself to walk away.

-

"you know i'm sorry." your "best friend" mumbled, his playful demeanor being replaced with a serious tone.

"haha." you chuckled sarcastically.

"really, but i mean it, you should hear mark out. he loves you. please trust me," bambam pleaded, giving you his big puppy eyes.

"yea he loves me- blah blah blah." you muttered under your breath, rolling your eyes furiously.

"but i know you love him too."

"no."

"yes."

"n o ."

"y e s ."

"okay stop."

"you have to trust me (y/n), i know you may think i'm very dishonorable, but i'm seriously not lying," bambam spoke, standing up abruptly, "just- meet him tomorrow morning at the back-gate. i mean it's up to you if you want to go, but i hope you do take it-"

with that, he left the classroom, leaving you to your own thoughts.

-

you brushed the hair out of your face in irritation, tapping your foot impatiently on the ground.

yes- you knew you had made the worse, the most terrible decision yet in your entire life,

but you just wanted to see what he wanted to say.

if you really couldn't stand him anymore, you would cut off all ties with him right at that moment.

you swore that you wouldn't break down in front of him;

even if it meant running into the hallway packed with students,

you just didn't want him to deem you weak.

he probably already thought you were such a joke for falling into their trick.

"hey-" a panting mark appeared in front of you. he was bending down slightly, and despite the cold breeze, he had sweat rolling down his forehead.

you stayed silent and just watched him catch his breath quietly.

"(y/n), thank you for giving me this chance to explain myself-" mark breathed out, his voice laced with hope.

you simply nodded your head, waiting for what he had to say.

"i will admit, at the start, everything was just a dare. but after our first kiss at the amusement park, i-i started to develop feelings for you. i know its hard to believe but-" he gulped before continuing,

"i want you to know that i really care for you."

you couldn't help but wonder, what if even THIS was also a dare.

you looked up, making eye-contact with him as you found yourself being immersed in his beautiful brown orbs.

"i promise- i won't hurt you again." he whispered, his hands desperately grabbing onto yours.

in his eyes, you saw fear, and pain.

was it possible that someone who was intending to play around with you, had those emotions?

mark wasn't a very good actor, when he was down, you would still know it despite the smile plastered on his face.

you sighed, knowing that it was now or never.

"i-i forgive you."

just to say those words, you felt your energy being drained out as mark eyes's literally lit up.

you gasped softly when he pulled you into a tight hug, his warm arms comforting you greatly in every way possible.

"thank you."