playground; bambam

6 year-old Bambam sucked on his ice lolly as he skipped happily to the nearby playground.

He reached the usually crowded playground only to see that there was a girl around his age sitting on the swing. But she wasn't swinging, instead, she was sobbing quietly.

Settling down on the swing next to her, he tried to think of ways to cheer the poor girl up.

Tapping lightly on her shoulder, he extended the ice lolly towards her, "Do you want some of my ice lolly?"

The girl simply shook her head and continued crying.

Wrecking his brain for more ideas, he finally settled on just introducing himself first.

"I'm Bambam." He said as he reached out his hand to her.

Raising her head once more, she hesitantly grabbed his hand and shook it.

"(y/n)"

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you crying?" He asked curiously.

She stared at him for a brief moment before titling her head downwards.

"My... my parents keep fighting and its all because of me.." The girl mumbled, words filled with sorrow.

"Why?" He questioned and the girl started confiding to him about what she knew.

"I think.. I think they want to get a divorce." The girl sobbed as she rubbed her red and swollen eyes.

The boy didn't know what to do, so he put an awkward arm around the crying girl and just sat there silently beside her.

the next day

Bambam took a leisurely stroll to the playground.

From a distance away, he could see (y/n) sitting on the swing. Crossing his fingers, he prayed silently that she wasn't crying.

"Hello (y/n)!" The boy greeted enthusiastically.

To his relief, the girl was no longer crying but niether was she smiling. Her lips drooped down and she still looked upset.

"Hi Bambam" She greeted back dully.

"How can i make you happy?" Bambam asked, with a cute pout on his face as he nudged her gently.

She looked up at him and replied simply, "Make me laugh."

And that was exactly what he did.

Though he never knew it was this simple.

All he did was make a silly face at her,

and the girl burst into laughter,

her lips curving into a beautiful smile.

And he immediately concluded that that was the best day of his life,

because he made her smile,

even if it was just for five minutes.

..

As years and years passed, the two became closer and closer, often going back to the playground together.

They even confessed to each other and shared their first kiss there,

at the playground,

which hid all their secrets and promises to one another.

..