paper hearts; bambam

When you're searching and hoping for love,

the right person..

isn't always the first one you come across

you sat in the cafe as you waited excitedly for bambam to arrive for your "study date".

technically, you were the one who quoted it as "a study date", while bambam just merely asked you to help him study because you were a straight As student.

you had known bambam since young and had gone through both hardships and good times with him.

but what he didn't know was that you started growing feelings for him one year ago, but whenever you attempted to confess to him, you ended up always chickening out.

today, you had planned to confess to him by bringing him to a nearby carnival after the study date, you swore to yourself not to back out and already intended to keep to your own promise.

sipping on your cold iced mocha, you smiled to yourself smugly as you looked over at the cup of iced latte placed opposite you.

you knew his favourite drink by heart as you both often visited this cafe together.

you snapped your head upwards when you heard the familiar sound of the bell, signifying that a new customer has entered.

your cheeks immediately grew red when you spotted 'the new customer'.

but what stopped you from raising your hand to beckon him towards your table; was the girl that was clinging onto his arm.

crossing your fingers, you prayed that it was just his sister or cousin who had been living in a desert
her whole life, which gave you the reason not to know her.

but you knew that was not possible, because as the 'couple' came closer, the girl's face became more and more painfully familiar.

you saw her too many times in school not to know her.

your ex-bestfriend,

who had been bullshitting about you behind your back,

the whole time she claimed to be "besties forever" with you.

"hey (y/n), this is eun-ha, my girlfriend." bambam introduced, as he and eun-ha sat down.

"she insisted on coming along so i brought her here, i hope you don't mind?" he smiled.

i actually mind very much.

that's how you thought.

but you chose not to stoop so low.

although your heart ached.

"ah yea, i don't mind." you faked a smile back at him.

girlfriend?

he could choose anybody, why eun-ha?

you couldn't possible blame him right?

after all he was your senior and he probably wasn't aware of all the drama between you and his "girlfriend".

"omg, iced latte?" the girl sitting opposite you squealed as she grabbed the latte and drank it.

"but-" you trailed off.

you wanted to say it was meant for bambam.

but you didn't have the courage.

"hey! that's my drink!" bambam playfully scolded as he tried to take the cup from eun-ha.

"babe, we can share the drink." she cooed, giving him a peck on the lips.

you felt like vomiting as the scene unplayed in front of you.