disappointment; jb

you ran along the hedges and plunged through the tunnel, stopping only to admire the beautiful scenery in front of you.

the gardens looked like it had transformed into a fairyland.

you smiled to yourself, sprinting off to the lily pond.

catching your breath, you flung yourself onto the soft grass patch, watching the million stars that were twinkling down at you.

at that moment, you were wondering what it would be like to look at the stars with jaebeom there beside you.

would both of you perhaps talk about constellations?

but maybe there would be no need for any talk,

maybe both of you would just hold hands and-

your fantasy vanished in a flash.

you heard something;

and it wasn't the croaking of the lily pond's frogs, instead, it was a girlish giggle.

you turned over wearily, as you looked around for the source of the giggle.

and when your eyes fell onto the two people who were across the pond, you straightaway wished you had stayed hidden in your room.

both of them were gazing into each other's eyes, aware of nothing but themselves.

you crossed your fingers, praying that the boy with the familiar jet-black hair wasn't the boy you knew.

and the girl, with long blonde hair, you had never seen her before, but you hoped to never see her again either.

it will be okay, you thought to yourself, as long as he doesn't kiss her.

he kissed her.

now, you felt like you got painfully hit by a truck.

your world fell apart as you watched him kiss her passionately.

you knew you had to get out of there,

out and away,

and under the safety of your covers.

standing up without a sound, you crept backwards onto a large rock that stuck out into the water.

crunch

oh no.

you had stepped on a dried leaf and now the couple had stopped kissing and was turning around to face you.

you knew that if they saw you, your life was over.

with your mind in a frenzy, you did the unthinkable.

you slithered down the rock slowly yet steadily, as you got closer and closer towards the water.

suddenly, you felt your shoe slip, and you broke into a scream, falling into the lily pond with a loud splash.

-

"do you think she's alright?" you heard a girl's voice that you had never heard before.

"she must have hit her head pretty hard against the rock when she fell.." you knew this voice all too well. it belonged to a boy whose name you didn't want to remember now.

you felt him wrap something soft and dry around you.

that's when you realised you were lying on the ground, wet and cold, with your head hurting like crazy.

"do you know who she is?" asked the girl.

"(y/n), the girl i told you about. oh man, she's starting to shiver." the boy replied.

"she's kind of pretty, don't you think?" the girl commented, and even with your eyes closed you knew that they were staring intently at you.

"i don't know, she's so young." jaebeom mumbled back, for of course, that was who the boy was.

you felt your heart sink to your stomach.

of course he thought you were way too young for him.

how foolish of you to think that you had a chance with him.

now, you felt so embarrassed for chasing him,

for falling so hard for him.

when he thought,

you were not suitable for him.

you couldn't express how disappointed you were.

to your disgust, you felt hot tears rolling down your cheeks.

"(y/n)? (y/n), can you hear me?" jaebeom called.

you groaned as you tried to sit up, noticing that you were covered by what you assumed was jaebeom's sweatshirt.

jaebeom gently pushed you back down, "you shouldn't move yet."

"i want to go home." you cried.

"then i'll carry you." jaebeom replied.

"no, no. i can walk." you protested, forcing yourself to stand up on your feet.

you couldn't take any more of the embarrassment or heartbreak, so you broke into a painful sprint, despite the constant spinning of your head and the shouts from jaebeom.

the fogginess of your eyes caused you to stumble and trip over you own shoes, but you persevered and continued running anyway.

all you ever wanted was to come out for a breath of fresh air, why did this have to happen?

you cried yourself to sleep when you finally reached home.

cowering timidly under your covers.

you hated what love did to you.