Chapter Twelve

A/N: -crying- Thank you very much, everyone. I was so surprised with all the reviews I’ve received in Chapter 11. It was astounding, that I’m still speechless until this very moment.

Thanks a lot for being always there to support me with my story!

By the way, forgive me for all the Out-Of-Character Scenes I’ve made. I didn’t notice some of them, that’s why.

Here’s the next chapter. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Chapter Twelve:

(A/N: How about you try to listen to Corey Gray’s The One That Got Away while reading this chapter? Although this one’s a shounen-ai/yaoi type. XD)

“Is that you, Takumi?” Kuroko’s father asked from the living room.

Takumi sighed. “It’s me and Tetsuya.”

“You and Tetsuya, huh. I see.” That was all the response their father has given them right after they went in. They went to the living room and greeted both of their parents, a tradition they go used to.

Nuriko smiled and caressed his youngest son’s cheek. “How’s school?”

“It’s the same.” Kuroko replied, his tone indifferent.

Nuriko, ignoring her husband’s glare, squatted and tilted her side in one side. “Did something happen?”

Kuroko looked at the ground with his usual expression. “I didn’t know pretending is a very hard thing, Mother.”

“I…So, that’s what this’ about.” Nuriko mumbled and stared at her son.

The phone rang wildly, so Takumi stood up from his seat and answered it.

“Kuroko Residence. How can I help you? Ah…Kise Ryouta…You’re the blonde friend of Tetsuya, aren’t you? Yes, he’s here….I will ask him first.” Takumi consecutively replied to the other line and turned. “Tetsuya, Kise Ryouta wants to talk with you.”

Kuroko gently pulled his hand away from his mother’s tender grasp and walked to the phone before getting it. “Hello?”

“Kurokocchi…?”

“Kise-kun, what is it?”

“Kurokocchi…Why are you angry with us? Did we do something that made you mad? Are we being too overprotective to the point that you’re not free to be with Seirin anymore? We’re sorry…-sob- Please stop ignoring us. –sob- Kurokocchi…” Kise cried on the other line.

Kuroko smiled by himself and touched his wrists. “That’s not it, Kise-kun. I just couldn’t disobey my father. I need to avoid you or else we’ll relocate to USA and will never come back. I need to push Sei—kun away or else my father will find me a wife, and I can’t let him do that.” Kuroko explained, his fist clenching.

“T-That’s horrible! Does Akashicchi know about this?”

“He doesn’t and he shouldn’t. You need to keep this as a secret, Kise-kun. Please.” Kuroko whispered, he can feel his father’s stare at him, so he tried not to let the latter hear what he’s saying.

“Sure. I’ll definitely keep it. But Kuroocchi…until when? Until when will you avoid Akashicchi? Do you know how upset he was when you pushed him away earlier? He almost broke their car’s door for slamming it so hard…S-Scary…”

“I don’t know, Kise-kun. I don’t know.”

“But Kurokocchi—“

Kuroko gasped when his father suddenly removed the line of the telephone as he took the phone away from the teal-haired teen. “Who was that?” Kazuhiko, his brown-head father, demanded.