Chapter 19

"Everlasting Requiem"

Chapter Nineteen:

Takumi Kuroko, our phantom player's older brother, just stared at his laptop's screen as his mind wouldn't work at all. Since the time his brother's friends came and told him what just happened-he had never been able to concentrate on his work although he needed to finish a document needed in the meeting a week from now.

He was just starting to type when the doorbell rang. He eyed the door before standing up and opening it. He went out and his eyes widened upon seeing who was in front of their house's gate. "Father..." He mumbled in anger.

Kazuhiko Kuroko removed his eyeglasses and then looked back at his son. "Oh, Takumi. Me and your mother wanted to know how things are in the house, so we decided to come back even just for a day." He replied.

Nuriko Kuroko went out of the passenger's seat and looked at her oldest son. "H-How's Tetsuya? Where is he?"

Takumi's eyes saddened after hearing his brother's name. "I wonder."

Nuriko's eyes widened. "W-What do you mean?!" She gasped. "Where's Tetsuya, Takumi? What happened to him?!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Kazuhiko demanded.

"Do you really want to know?" Takumi retorted as he glared up at his own father.

The latter burrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Takumi tried and succeeded in not hitting his father in the face with the umbrella near the door. "Come in first." He offered and opened the gate and then the door widely.

Nuriko looked at her son and the latter just nodded. Her heart shattered, already known what he meant and quickly went inside the house. "Tetsuya! Tetsuya!"

Kazuhiko followed behind her and Takumi also did. He then placed a hand on her shoulder. "He's not here. He's...he's...he was kidnapped earlier."

Her heart shattered even more and she fell on her knees as she started to cry. "No, no, not my son...Not Tetsuya...Why...why...Tetsuya..." She sobbed.

Kazuhiko took out a can of beer they almost stocked inside the fridge and opened it. "What the hell are you talking about? Did he run away again? Better punish him for being too obedient lately. He's such a shame in the family; it's a wonder why he was even born into this world. I mean, he's not really that im-"

He was just about to take a gulp of his beer when a fist made contact with his face and he fell on the ground.

"OW! What the hell! Who did-Takumi?! Why did you--?!"

The older Kuroko sibling removed his glasses and crashed it with his own hands, then he threw them into the ground. "Even if you're my father, I will kill you!" He yelled and started to grab the knife in the kitchen.

Nuriko gasped and stood up before blocking her husband from her own son. "No! Don't, Takumi! Don't harm your father!"

Takumi gritted his teeth. "That damn bastard left many scars and bruises in you, Mother! He almost killed Tetsuya! Now, he even said that my brother isn't important! Do you know how hearing that hurts me? Do you know how much he has hurt Tetsuya? How much damage he has done to this family? He's the cause of all of this! He is!"

Kazuhiko wiped the blood that came out from his lips. "What the hell?! What are you talking about?! I didn't do anything!"

Takumi threw the knife on the ground and took a picture frame of their family. "You want to know?! You want to know what you did? You want to know what happened to Tetsuya?" He growled and threw the picture frame against the wall, which shattered the glass into small pieces and the frame fell on the ground which made a lot of noise. "He's broken! Broken from the inside and the outside and it was all because of you! You!"