so that happened (4)

Under editing, once again.Smith

He starts talking as soon as the door is closed.
"I don't know how you know all of this but you shouldn't. Blime- you shouldn't even remember that day! What else do you know?" He asks wearily.

"I don't see the problem Mr. Smith, knowledge is the best weapon, what's got you all riled up?" I retort

He stares at me for a moment then stammers.
"Nothing. Just... Excited!"
"Why?" I ask slowly.
"Because... I remember too! I remember everything and now I know someone else who remembers. Just like me."
"Good for you. You can let my arm go now"
"Right. Sorry."
He lets my arm drop from his grasp.

"Okay, so. Let's get back to class if you're done talking." I suggest.
He rounds on me though, pressing me against the wall.

"You can't say another word. You can't tell them anything else, please." He begs
I nod frantically, just wanting him to let me go.

He looks me over and drops me, the opens the door to the class and walks in.

Why did I find that so hot? That man is crazy!

I shake my head and follow him back into class.

"Lauren! Back to work." I scold as I catch the Red head chatting to her dark haired friend.
"Alright." She rolls her eyes.
"Lauren, that's a demerit."
"Why?!"
"Because you're giving me unnecessary attitude."
"Am I bothered though?"
"I don't care if youre bothered, Lauren."

Sigh.
----
Fun, I just got called in to see Miss Evangelista and she told me that I was supervising the new teacher's first class.
Let's see what he makes of it then.

As I'm walking down the corridor I stop in front of his door and I'm met with said teacher writing on the board and repeating the word 'Physics.' Over and over again.
He bent backwards over his desk and said it one last time then sniffed.

Oh my god, why couldn't I be given a normal partner?

I open the door and lean against the door frame, watching him for a bit as he does the whole physics spiel.

Eventually one of his students alerts him that I'm watching him and he turns to face me.

I return his gaze with a playful smirk.
"What you teaching today then? Chemistry?" I tease.

"Ha ha. Oh ha ha ha. So very funny." His words dripping with sarcasm.

I roll my eyes and walk into the classroom, taking a seat at the side.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" He asks
"Miss Evangelista told me to babysit you." I smile.
"Right, well just don't interfere with my class please."
"Wouldn't dream of it."

He turns his attention back to teaching.

"Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely. What would happen if they were brought near each other?" He asks the class.

Milo, a small, skinny boy, puts his hand up.
Mr. Smith asks his name to which Milo replies.

"Milo! Off you go." Mr. Smith urges

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge."

"Correctamundo! A word I have never used before and hopefully never will again. Question two, I coil up a thin piece of micro wire and place it in a glass of water. Then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected. My question is this: how do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?"

Like my class, nobody responds but Milo.

"Someone else?"
As expected, nobody puts their hand up.
I smirk to myself and put my own hand up.
Mr. Smith grins at me and gestured for me to put my hand down. I roll my eyes playfully.

Boring...

"Nope? Okay Milo, go for it."
"Measure the current and PDs in an ampmeter and a voltmeter."

I catch a few impressed looks around the room.

"Okay then, Milo, tell me this; true or false: the greater the dampening of the system, the quicker it loses energy to its surroundings." Mr. Smith tests.

Milo replies instantly.
"False."
I move my head up to look at the boy.

"What's a non-coding DNA?" I ask, joining in.
"DNA that doesn't code for a protein." Again, instant.

"Sixty-five-thousand-nine-hundred-and-eighty-three times five?" Mr. Smith blurts out.

"Three-hundred-and-twenty-nine-thousand-nine-hundred-and-fifteen."
No thinking time at all.

"How do you travel faster than light?" I shoot in.
"By opening a quantum tunnel with an FTL factor of 36.7 recurring."

Mr. Smith and I are shook.
I mean, I knew the pupils at this school were intelligent but there was no thinking time at all.

Mr. Smith looks to me for answers but I hold the same expression as him.