The Daleks 3

Under editing

"I like space. Space is good." He tells me.
"Very nice Mr. Smith, have a seat please."
The class laugh at my usual sassy, sarcastic remark.

He walks over to my desk and places himself on it.
I glare at him in disapproval
He gets the message but doesn't move, he looks at me with a playful smirk as if daring me to do something.

My eyes linger on him as I turn back to the class.

"Right, so anything else about the Andromeda?"
No one's hand went up once more.
I look at Finlay.
They sigh and put up their hand again.

I grin and nod at them.
"The galaxy will collide into our galaxy in approximately 4.5 billion years."
"Very good Finlay, how fast is the galaxy moving?"
"I think it's moving towards us at about 200,000 miles per hour?"
"Almost-"
"250,00 miles per hour." Mr. Smith interjects.

I glare at him for interrupting me.
"Thank You, Mr. Smith." I say sternly.
"What? What did I do?!" He exclaims, noticing my tone.

"I tell the students off for talking out of turn Mr. Smith, I didnt expect to have to do the same to you." I scold.

A few students snigger, I catch Finlay putting a sleeved hand up to their face, hiding a smile.
I shake my head and turn my attention back to the class.

"As Mr. Smith so kindly informed, Andromeda is moving towards us at a speed of 250,000 miles per hour. That is fast enough for us to fly from here to the moon in one hour. Now. What is strange about that?"

For gods sake... As I pace around the room not a single hand goes up again.
Finlay starts to look deep I thought
I mean over their shoulder to look at them and they look back at me, their green hair falling into their eyes.

"I don't know..."
"It's okay, I dont expect you to know everything." I give a comforting smile and they return it.

I stand up straight (lol what's that?), fixing my posture as I speak again.
Mr. Smith is just sat there watching me in interest.

"What's strange about that is the fact that the universe is expanding, most galaxies are rushing away from us whereas the Andromeda is moving towards us. Strange huh? If you look on the National Geographic website it'll say that our solar system will outlive our galaxy. So why won't we get hit by the stars? Both galaxies have billions of stars, The Andromeda having a whopping one trillion or more, so why wont any of them hit us? I'm not asking you to answer that, I'm genuinely curious so I don't even know." I laugh.

"I love talking about the Andromeda galaxy. It's so fun to talk about it, it's beautiful and gets me curious. I mean, there's around one trillion planets! What wondrous life lives on them?"

"Do you seriously believe in aliens, Mr. L/n?" A student, Lauren, calls from the back.

I roll my eyes,
"Do you seriously believe that we're the only life forms in the entirety of space?" I ask. I catch a small, hidden, proud smile from Mr. Smith. That's strange.

She turns quiet, no more smug smirk.
"I ain't bothered about it, Sir."
"Sure you 'ain't'." I mock.

"I'd love to go see the Andromeda. It's practically impossible at the moment though seeing as it's about 2.54 million light years away, but I would be the happiest person in the universe if I ever got to see it up close."

I catch sight of Mr. Smith smiling at me, as if he knows something.

"Anyway! Back to primary school stuff I guess, I know you're fourth years, but today you're going to create your own planets, These planets are going to be apart of the Andromeda Galaxy, sadly, not literally. You'll have to think about Life, does your planet have it and if so think about MRSGREN. How far away is it from It's sun? It should hold an atmosphere, is it carbon based? It must rotate on an axis and revolve and lastly, what are the name of the inhabitants?" I inform.

"Has anyone's parents spoken about when Earth was moved?" I ask. All of a sudden Mr. Smith's aura changes and he goes tense, he slowly looks up to me.

I get looked at by a whole class of confused, they're not really good for much are they?
I go on anyway whilst looking for my folder of blank planet worksheets to hand out.

"In 2008, or was it 2009...? Earth was invaded by this race called the Daleks. Angry salt shakers basically. Most of our Armies were slaughtered by them. The Daleks stole and moved Earth as well as twenty five other planets and a moon, not our's, to this place called the Medusa Cascade. The Daleks did this because they wanted to power up this thing called the reality bomb. This 'Reality bomb' was supposed to destroy all of reality and leave the Daleks as the only race. They tested it on humans, my- my dad. He- He was tested on. I saw it happen, they all dissolved into atoms. It was horrible, I was only 14... Off topic-!"

"You're not supposed to remember that." Mr. Smith says lowly, trying to make it so that only I can hear him.
"I know. But I do. I can remember all this but i can't remember where I put a load of bloody hand outs!" I say exasperatedly.

Finlay's pale hand shoots up, signalling they want to ask a question.

I smile at them and gesture at them to Mr. Smith.
"See? Not that hard now is it? What's up Finlay?"

"If Earth was moved to this 'Medusa Cascade', how are we back here?"
I lean back onto my desk next to the new male teacher.
"Ah, now, that's where he comes in." I say.

"He?" Finlay asks.
"Earth has been protected for many, many years by one man. The Doctor. Earth has been invaded a lot more times than you would ever think and every time the Doctor has been there to save us all." Mr. Smith goes rigid, yet relaxed as he watches me admire the Doctor with my words.

"I've not heard much about The Doctor but from what I've heard, he is really underrated, like, he saves us from death and everyone forgets it! Honestly people should have a bit more respect."

"I bet you have a poster of 'im up on your wall, don't ya Mr. L/n?" Lauren heckles

I turn red
"I- that's innapropriate, Lauren, no I don't have a poster of The Doctor on my wall, I don't even know what he looks like." I dismiss, my face burning

Mr. Smith smirks at me. Ugh, I hate him but He's really pretty.

"What else have your heard about this Doctor bloke then? Have a favourite story?" Lauren asks, I quirk an eyebrow.
Lauren? Showing interest? Must be Christmas.

"Not that I'm bothered or anything." She rushes.

I laugh
"My favourite was the Cybermen, they shouldn't be my favourite though, it was terrifying when they came. The Cybermen are literally Cyber men. They're obsessed with this idea of the perfect human so they're always upgrading themselves." I explain.

"Back to my original statement, the Daleks are from this planet called Skaro, inspiration for the Cult of Skaro I believe. The surface looks like Mars, all red and rocky and stuff. I don't know I've never been, I read about it and studied about it for ages a few years ago. My point is that there are more than one race on Skaro, there's the Daleks that are robotic creatures," I say whilst drawing a Dalek on the whiteboard.

"There's the Kaleds, half human looking, half Dalek" I drew a Kaled next to the Dalek,

"The Thals, humanoid looking things that I can't draw," I attempted to draw a stick man and labelled it 'Thal.'

"And the Dals, though they were extinct by the time of the Thousand year war between the Thals and the Kaleds. Now, the Daleks didn't just pop up from evolution like we did, they were created by a Kaled called Davros, the name Dalek means Gods in the language of the Dals."

"Enough about the Daleks, I think we should get on to doing class work, there's twenty minutes left of class, get something done. Here's some work sheets, they were on your desk. Mr. L/n, a word please?" Mr. Smith rushes out, practically throwing papers at the students and once done he grabs me and pulls me put the door.