Autumn Book- Let's FALL together!, Chapter 29

Chapter 29- Destroying the Sand Castle

Why??? Why Nate???

Krishia asked herself while tears were freely flowing on her cheeks. She didn’t know what to feel, angry because of what Nate said and did or would she feel miserable for acting foolish, expecting Nate to also feel the same. Tears continued to fall as she remembered every hurtful word that came out from his lips.

She was leaning at a big maple tree on a playground just a street away from the school. She was thankful that there were just few kids playing and no one noticed her. She couldn’t even remember how she got there. She just remembered thinking of going far away from the Unicollege, far away from Nate.

Why do you have to make me feel so special?

Krishia was unconsciously hugging herself; she gave her heart fully to Nate. But she felt that Nate just crashed and banged it into million pieces. She wished that she never met him. She hoped that all that happened was just a dream, that in a blink of an eye she would wake up in her bed and Nate would be again the amazing singer boy she admired.

Tears kept flowing on her face, and her legs were now feeling weak. Krishia felt that all her strength was drained from her. She was shaking from all the emotions she was feeling. She seated herself on a bench which was positioned at the farthest corner of the playground. She was awfully worn out from all the tears and emotions she was having. She just wanna go home, curl on her bed and cry herself to sleep.

I still have to tell the girls where I am, they would surely worry.

While still a little shaken, Krish opened her bag and got her phone out. She was not even surprised to see four missed calls all coming from Kim and five text messages; three of which came from her three best friends asking where she was. The last two messages came from Drake saying Hi and the other one also asking where she was.

Krishia replied to her besties that she was feeling a little sick and went straight home. She was about to turn off her phone when it signaled a caller, Drake was calling. She was a little hesitant on answering Drake’s call, but Krish didn’t want to tarnish the friendship Drake and her shared just because of Nate.

She tried to compose herself and dried her tears with her hands before she answered the call.

“Krish, where are you? Why aren’t you answering my text messages?” Drake abruptly asked her when she pressed the answer button.

“Sorry my phone was in my bag.” Krishia hoped that she sounded normal.

“Hey are you ok Krish? You sound like you’ve cried?” And she miserably failed Drake apparently noticed her shaky voice.

“It’s nothing Drake.” She answered dismissively.

“Where are you? I’ll pick you up.” Drake asked sounding worried. Krishia sighed but she knew that Drake would not stop until he sees her.

“I’m here at the playground a street away from school.”

“Stay there ok? I’ll be there in five minutes.” Drake said and ended the call.

“What happened Krish?” Drake asked her after he got out of his car and ran his way towards her.

“Nothing really.” Krishia said as she faked a playful grin on her face.

“Krish, come on you can tell me anything.” Drake said as he seated himself beside Krish and slowly touched her back as if giving her the assurance that he would always be there for her.