Autumn Book- Let's FALL together!, Chapter 17

Chapter 17- The Sleep Over

It was Friday late afternoon at the mini library in Red’s house. Krish and Nate were sitting side by side near the table. They were again busy doing their research work.

“I’m really sorry Krish if we are rushing this.” Nate said guiltily. He and the boys were meeting the big bosses this weekend and he coudn't miss that.

“It’s ok, I understand. Let’s just go and finish this today.” Krishia smiled.

Krish and Nate developed closeness somehow. They became comfortable with each other’s company.

They were leaning on the chair while reading some articles and their shoulders were touching but Nate didn’t mind, it was really soothing when Krishia was close to him.

Sh** what am I thinking! Get a grip Nate, you have a girlfriend, and your best mate probably likes her.

Nate sighed deeply with his thoughts and slowly detached his shoulder from hers; now missing already the comfort the contact gave him. He then vaguely heard her stand up; he turned his head to her side.

“My butt is getting numb sitting on that wooden chair for hours.” Krishia complained. “I’ll just sit here… I wanna stretch my legs.” She added as she positioned herself on the carpet.

Nate just nodded his head and continued working. After a while he joined Krishia on the carpet his back rested on the sofa. They kept on discussing about their work and jokingly cursed Mrs. Tan for giving them a short time to prepare their research. After a swift while they found themselves sitting while leaning on each other’s backs.

Suddenly, there was a knock,

“Dinners ready.” A woman on her 40’s announced smiling while opening the door.

“Oh hey Mom.” Krishia said looking at the woman, Nate now realizing who it was hastily stood up and greeted her Mom.

“Good evening Mrs. Red.” Nate greeted.

“Good evening to you too young man.” Mrs. Red greeted back while looking mischievously at Krishia which was standing beside him.

“Mom this is Nate Z, my research partner, Nate this is my Mom.” Krishia said introducing him to her Mom.

“Nice to meet you Mrs. Red.” He muttered with a smile.

“Nice to finally meet you too, so come on you two… Dinner’s waiting.”

They then marched their way to the dining room.

“I hope you like spaghetti and meatballs.” Mrs. Red said while looking at him.

“Oh it’s my favorite.” He said with a smile. Then after that a man who he presumed to be Krishia’s dad entered the dining area.

“Good evening sir.” Nate greeted.

“Hey Dad this is Nate my research partner.” Krishia introduced him.

“Good evening too, and nice to meet you.” Mr. Red said with a genuine smile. “So let’s eat I’m hungry.” Mr. Red added.

The dinner served was very delicious and Krishia’s parents were really nice. Krishia looked a lot like her Mom but her hair and eyes were the same color as her dad. Her Dad is really a fun person throwing some silly jokes while her Mom is just as sweet as her, the lady would always ask if they wanted anything. Rica, her sister, was at her Aunt’s house. Nate was told that the little girl would be sleeping over there so that was why she was not with them.