Chapter 18

A/N: I'm baaackkk! I hope you enjoy this chapter because I enjoyed writing it.

Anonymous POV

"It's almost time, ma'am."

"Yes, I am aware. Go fetch me a coffee, servant," I order.

"Yes, ma'am."

Sitting in my office, I ponder over the extravagant details of my elaborate plan to destroy that goodie-two-shoes. How have I let her live this long? I'm a Queen, practically. A ruler, a tyrant, a goddamn dictator, even. Harsh words, yes. But I take that as a compliment.

"Here's your coffee.."

I snatch it up and without a word shoo that disease-ridden servant from my sight. I sip my coffee and smirk.

That little wench couldn't even imagine what I have planned for her. Neither her, nor her lover will see it coming.

Marshall's POV

I woke up to Fionna's sleepy face nestled on my chest. I blinked a few times to wake myself up, slightly wondering how this came to be. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to wake up next to the love of my life every single morning, but..what happened? We didn't.....right? Oh, gob, I hope not. She's not ready! I'm not ready!

I look down, and realize were both still fully clothed in pajamas, and I am so relieved.

"Hey, Marshall. What are you thinking so hard about?" Fionna's soft, sleepy voice filled my ears. I blushed and she caught the panic that had been on my face just moments ago. She tilted her head to the side, confused, like a little innocent puppy.

And then she realizes how we woke up, and her eyes widen and she blushes. She looks so cute when she blushes. She looks down to see she's still fully clothes, and I'm still clothed too. Fionna has that same relieved face that I had made.

"For a second, I thought we.. ya know?" She blushes even harder.

"I know. But I wouldn't want to do that until you knew for a fact you were ready. I love you, Fi," I say and I kiss the top of her head.

"I love you, too, Marshy," she grins. My heart would skip a beat right now if I wasn't a vampire. We snuggle closer and stay like that for a while, just chatting and laughing and cuddling. I can't help but think, every time I look down at her smiling face... She's so beautiful. I never want this moment to end.

But of course, all good things come to and end. Ours just so happened to be interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. Fionna gets up and throws on a pair of sweats, ties up her hair, and goes downstairs to answer the door. I get up a few seconds after and am about to throw on some jeans, but then I hear a shriek, and my senses kick into overdrive.

"Fionna!" I speed down the stairs, swapping jeans for sweats (they're much easier to put on!) and to my horror, I see some kind of grotesque portal with demons lining the edges and I can hear Fionna screaming within it.

Without a moments hesitation, I jump into the portal to find my love. It's dark and the moans and snickers of the demons fills my ears,but within seconds I get transported to the one place I thought I'd never have to see again.

The Nightosphere.

Fionna's POV

I walked downstairs as soon as I heard the doorbell ring, although, who could it be this early in the morning? Cake has a key. Nonetheless, I make it to the door and open it.

No one's there, though. All I see is a little black box with a red ribbon. I scoop it up and close the door.

Now, I know what people say about things like this: Never open strange objects that just appear at your door, blah, blah, blah. But my curiosity was slowly winning and I just HAD to open the box.

Big mistake.

As soon as I could peek inside, blackness surrounded the treehouse and swallowed me up. Demons and monsters stared at me with beady eyes as I got sucked into the depths of this black hole. I heard screaming; was that me? Did I really scream like that? Usually I'm the one making other people scream in fear! I'm a globbin' warrior!

Nevertheless, the idea of an endless oblivion swallowed my mental capacity and I was freaking out. What waited for me in this black hole? Was it even a black hole? Did it lead somewhere? If so, where was it taking me? And who sent the darn thing?!

These questions filled my thoughts as silent tears trailed down my face. I was curled in the fetal position. I figure, the smaller I get, the less real this seems. Suddenly I come to a stop, but I do not move because I do not wish to see what horrors await me.

"Hello, sweetie! Aww, look at you. So scared and helpless without your little boyfriend. Don't you wish he was here? Not to fret, he will be soon. Marshy is so sentimental about his pets; he's bound to come after you at one point!" A lady speaks. My ears perk up at the mention of Marshall's nickname, the one I gave to him. Without looking at this woman I talk back to her.

"How do you know about Marshall? Who are you?" I manage to say all this without my voice breaking, a very hard task indeed. Nothing could have prepared me for her answer.

"Oh dear. You don't recognize me? He hasn't mentioned me at all, shown you a picture at least?" She fakes hurt and concern.

"Who. are. you?" I repeat, my voice a little stronger.

"Why, sweetie. I'm Marshall's mother! Nice to meet you!" And now I finally look up and see the woman smirking.

This woman...is Marshall's mother?! I can definitely see the resemblance. They had the same face shape and same eyes... but, uh, newsflash: MARSHALL IS NOT EVIL! Well that's one thing that makes them different! But what does she want with me? I'm just a stupid human!

Marshall's mom sees the shock on my face immediately and smirks. They even have the same smirk.

"What do you want with me, lady?" I ask her with as much venom in my voice as I can muster.

"You may call me Mrs. Abadeera, child. Or mum, if you like, seeing as you're very close to my Marshy Marsh!" She grins like he Cheshire Cat. Okay first of all, that's the worst nickname I've ever heard. Second, there is no way in hell that I'm calling HER "mum." And third, I've got to get out of here... but while she's still in front of me...

I spit at at her. Right in her face. It lands right in the middle, too. I hate her. She's angry now, and she's made orders to lock me up. So I get walked down to the dungeon and chained to a wall. Nightosphere creatures lurk around, which honestly freak me out.

I have to get out of here.

----------------------------------
Thank you for your patience. I really like this chapter, and I hope you do too. It's unedited. Remember to vote, comment, and share! Thank you all so much, ily and I'm sorry for being a slow writer!