Chapter 8

Marshall's P.O.V

Wow. I can't believe I did that. I kissed her. The girl of my dreams! I, Marshall Lee the Vampire King, kissed Fionna the Human. Wow.

It was everything I expected it to be. It was like that feeling you get when you watch a fireworks show; the nervousness, the excitement, the awe. The feeling of her lips on mine; the soft, tender way her mouth felt against my lips. Everything melting away so it was just the two of us in the whole land of Aaa.

Too bad I can't be with her. Ever.

CAKE'S P.O.V

Fionna came home before me. She didn't say much. Sorta just crawled into bed and slept. I noticed a little wooden box sat unopened on her dresser, but I didn't think anything of it. My baby girl looked so...sad. I could've sworn I heard her cry a little that night.

FIONNA'S P.O.V

I woke up to the stupid sun shining right on my face.

"Ugghhh," I groaned as I slipped out of bed. Worst sleep ever.

I dragged myself downstairs and grabbed a quick breakfast before I remembered the little wooden box. I ran back upstairs with a mouth full of burrito and snatched up the box. Just as I had expected; it was locked.

Maybe I should take it over to Marshall's to see if he can do anything to get it open. But what will happen when I see him? I should probably act normal. Like nothing happened. I don't know, I wish I had someone to ask. If I told Cake she'd freak. Oh well.

"CAKE, I'M GOING OUT!" I yell to her.

"BE BACK SOON, BABY!" she replies.

I grab my bunny hat and race outside, to Marshall's cave. It's a lonely run, and I feel compelled to go fight something instead, but I remain on my path, with the little wooden box tucked in the crook of my arm.

I arrive and hear music floating throughout the cave. It sounds really good, and I want to stop and listen, but I wanna get this box open even more. I knock on the door and wait for an answer. I guess he can't hear me over the music because I wait for a minute. I let myself in and start towards his bedroom.

"MARSHALL! HEY, MARSHALL?!?!" I scream. Suddenly the music stops.

"Fionna? Is that you?" I hear him say.

"Yeah, it's me. I knocked but I guess the music was too loud. I was wondering if you could get this box open...?" Marshall floated downstairs and stood right in front of me. And to my surprise, he was still in his pj's. Which also means he was naked from the waist up. Completely shirtless. When I saw him, my breath hitched and I couldn't help but stare. He was just so...beautiful.

You'd think he wouldn't because he's so skinny, but he's got some serious abs. I resisted the urge to reach out and touch his stomach and forced my eyes back up to his face, just in time to see him smirking.

"Can I help you?" Marshall asks, still smirking.

"Uhh...err...Right! The box. Do you think you could open it? It's locked and my sword wasn't sharp enough," I stutter.

"I could, I guess," he says, picking at his nails. "But what's in it for me?"

Its always something with him.

"The satisfaction of knowing you've helped out your best friend?" I try.

"Haha, no. You're funny, bunny. Hey, that rhymes! But let's see... How about.. I'll open that box in exchange for...a day."

"A...day?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah. Just one day where we can hang out and talk and joke around. Just one day, two friends hanging out."

Right, friends. I guess it'll be cool though.

"Fine. Just get the lumpin' box open!"

"Alright, alright. Chill, Fi," Marshall says, putting his hands up in innocence. He grabs the box from me and slides one long fingernail into the keyhole. He battles with the lock for a second before we hear a soft click.

I take the box back and carefully lift the lid. Inside is a beautiful green glowing stone. In a split second I shut the box again and put on my best poker face.

"There's nothing in it. This was all for nothing!" I lie.

"Well, it wasn't for nothing. You got to see my amazing abs. You're welcome," Marshall smirks once again.

I'm surprised, and my mouth just hangs open at his words. I can't believe he noticed! I mean, I wasn't STARING, just...sneaking a peek.

"I wasn't... I didn't... Ugh! You're impossible, Marshall Lee!" And with that I take off back to the tree house leaving Marshall practically on the floor, clenching his stomach and cracking up.

Ugh. Boys.

---------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think. Comment, vote. Recommend it to a friend. Or an enemy. Doesn't matter.

I'm thinking of changing the title of the whole story. It's seems too boring. Any suggestions???