Chapter 14

A/N: First of all, this is unedited so excuse the mistakes. Like I said, I'm making shout outs now. So this shout out goes to Katrina_Kitchen5725 for their enthusiasm towards this story! Thank you for your support! And for everyone, thank you for sticking with this story! It's much appreciated! Welp, here goes nothing.

Fionna's P.O.V

After I left PG's house-er, castle-I walked home. I decided to take a longer path so I would have more time to clear my head. Maybe, if I could find one, I'd check out a dungeon. Yeah, that'd be good.

My mind floats back to Marshall Lee, about to punch PG. What was he doing there? And after standing me up, he has the nerve to threaten my best friend? I thought he was a gentlemen, but maybe he just really is evil. There are way too many secrets between us.

Suddenly I think of his guitar. Shoot! I forgot all about that! His birthday is tomorrow, and I got him possibly the coolest present ever, and now all this happened. I guess I'll let Cake take all the credit. I don't want much to do with him anymore.

A few minutes later a breeze hits me and I shiver. I found this a bit weird, seeing as the sun was out and shining. I shrug it off and continue walking until the breeze hits again, this time coming from the opposite way. I immediately become angered and start looking around for him.

"Marshall Lee, I know you're here!" I shriek. "Why can't you just leave me alone?!" I'm panting slightly from frustration as I see a figure descend from the the treetops.

"W-who are you?" I stammer. This...person before me is not Marshall Lee. But he is most definitely a vampire. "I demand you tell me who you are!" I command, stomping my foot.

The vampire doesn't say anything, he just keeps coming closer and closer to me. For every step I take back, he takes one forwards. I go as far back as I can until my back is against a tree and I use this time to study his features.

The first thing you notice about him is his icey blue eyes. They stand out more than anything else. And his hair, fire truck red, and sticking up as if he was struck by lightning. It didn't look as ridiculous as you might think though, because his hair wasn't that long. Maybe like an inch and a half. More or less. And then my eyes slip down to his torso, which is not toned as well as Marshall but he still looks amazing. He's tall, I notice. Maybe 6'4. But if there was one thing I knew for sure, it was that this guy is absolutely, breath takingly handsome. He looks like some sort of God.

"Well I'm glad you think of me that way," he chuckles breaking out in a smile.

Did I seriously say that last part out loud? I blush furiously not daring to look this guy in the eyes.

"J-just tell me your name," I stammer, still embarrassed. The vampire smiles wide.

"My name is Zack Lee," he tells me.

"Lee? As in...Lee? Marshall's brother?" I say completely caught off guard. There's no way Marshall has a brother, he would've told me!

"Step-brother actually. But yes, the one and only. Zack Lee, brother of Marshall Lee the Vampire King." Zack smirks as he looks down at me.

"Marshall never mentioned you before..." I say voicing what I thought a few seconds ago.

"Of course he hasn't. We're not exactly buddy-buddy, if you know what I mean. I don't know what I ever did to that guy..." he says making a "tsk" sound. "What's your name, princess?"

I blush, "Oh no, I'm not a princess. Not even close. I'm Fionna, last human in Aaa." I sigh as I say that. But then boldly claim, "I'm an adventurer!"

"Princess is just a nickname. But I can change it if you want." He looks at my bunny hat. "What about Bunny, seeing as it goes along with your hat."

"That's what Marshall calls me." I immediately get a sad look on my face remembering what just happened a few minutes ago. at PG's.

"Well, I want to be unique. I'm gonna call you Kitten, because a cute face deserves to be compared to a cute animal," he winks. I again find myself blushing. "Ahh, there's that blush I love." By now my face is beet red.

"W-well I'm sorry Zack but I have to be going now. Maybe I'll see you around," I shrug.

"You most definitely will, Kitten, because I'm taking you out tomorrow."

"What? Where?"

"It's a surprise. I'll pick you up at 8. Get some rest, Kitten, you look tired. Goodnight, beautiful," he takes my hand in his and brings it to his lips. I giggle at the gesture.

"You're quite the gentleman. So I guess I'll see you tomorrow then. Goodnight, Zack," I say as I turn around and start walking away. I cannot believe that just happened.

But how come Marshall never mentioned having a step-brother?

And a cute one at that.

Woah, wait, no. I did not just think that. I just had my heart broken, how can I put it on the line again?

But he's taking you on a date, my brain argues.

It's not a date! It's just two people hanging out and getting to know each other. That is not a date.

I think.

Suddenly I think about Marshall. He had asked me to be his girlfriend but then he stood me up on our first date. Where does that leave us? Am I still his girlfriend?

I think that's for you to decide, my brain says.

Well thanks for the help, brain! Geez.

I reach home and call out for Cake. There's no answer so I go to the kitchen to make a snack. As I'm heating up some old spaghetti my pager beeps. It reads, "look outside." I look up to the window across from me with confusion all over my face and then I see him. I grin.

Zack waves, grinning back at me and I return the greeting. Then Zack breathes heavily on the window and writes with his finger in the condensation, "sweet dreams, kitten." He blows me a kiss and I blush as he floats away.

I go on and eat the spaghetti, then clean up and climb into bed, seeing as it's almost ten at night. I think about Marshall as I'm laying in bed and frown. Then my mind shifts to Zack and I find a smile creeping up on my face. I fall asleep with that smile on my face and think, I'm so glad I met him.

And I can't wait for tomorrow, whether its a date or not.

Zack Lee, the Vampire King's step-brother. Who woulda thought, huh?

----------------------------------------

hey guys, sorry for the short chapter but I thought it was good. tell me what YOU think! Vote, comment, fan. I love hearing from you guys! What are your thoughts on Zack? hehe, new love interest? xD we'll see. until next chapter, my friends!<3.

Check out my other story, A Cliché With a Twist!