Chapter 11

Fionna's P.O.V

"Gumball?" I gasped. I ran to him and picked him up, taking the blindfold off.

"Fionna? Where am I? How'd I get here? What's going on?" he questioned.

"Umm...yes, it's me, you're in a tree, I have no clue, and I'm in the middle of a scavenger hunt," I answered as best I could.

"Well! That's strange. But, uh, how do I fit in the tree? That's not scientifically possible."

"You must've shrunken down like I did. I don't know how you got here though. Your kidnapper ran. Don't you remember anything?" I plead.

"Ummm...well I do remember hearing music. But that's it," Gumball says.

"Music," I mutter. "Hmm..."

"Um, Fionna, if you don't mind my asking, what are YOU doing here?"

"I...umm," I stutter, trying to find a lie to tell Gunball. If he knew I was doing a mysterious scavenger hunt he'd freak out. And I can't handle that right now. "Just passing through. I had nothing better to do, so I thought I'd come here."

"Oh. Okay, well good luck!" Gumball starts walking away, finding a way out of the tree. I walk in the opposite direction until I come across a familiar white paper.

Wow, you're good

And now it's time

The next hiding spot

Is most divine

Look for class

And look for glass

Spy some suits

And fancy boots

Good luck.

I ran out of the tree and grew back to normal size. I sat down in the grass and thought for a while. Where could this be...where could this be...

I really have no clue. It's somewhere divine, glassy, classy, and somewhere where you suit up. So it's gotta be somewhere fancy.

I start walking around Aaa, thinking of the fanciest place I know. Gumball's castle is pretty fancy, but no one wears suits there. Hmm..

OHMIGOSH! How could I have missed it? The notecard wants me to go to The Dancing Reflection, the fanciest and ONLY restaurant in Aaa. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere over the mountains, out pretty far. I'm gonna need someone's help.

I take out a little device called a pager that Cake gave me some birthday ago and send this: "going to the dancing reflection, need help. U in?" She replied instantly with: "taking care of the babies, sorry. can u ask someone else?" I think. I guess I could ask someone else. I tell her I can and then I rush away.

I run all the way to Marshall's cave and knock on his door. There's no immediate answer, but soon enough he answers.

"Hey, Fi," he says.

"Hi! I was wondering if you'd like to go on a little adventure with me...?" I ask, sounding innocent. Marshall scoffs and I blush, realizing what I just said. That sounded so wrong. "I mean like, travel. Ya know? Explore..."

"I know what you mean, little girl. But sorry, I can't come. But would you happen to know where my guitar is?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Nope. Sorry. Got to go!" I run away from him to keep myself from spilling the beans. I would, too!

I walk when I get out of the cave, a lonely walk to The Dancing Reflection. My mind wanders while I walk, and before I know it, I'm there.

I push open the door quietly and silently scorn myself for not bringing something fancier to wear. But I go in anyway, and get seated almost a half hour later. It was so crowded, for five o'clock in the afternoon.

While I'm sitting there, waiting for the waiter to bring some breadsticks, a flurry of white passes by my head. I turn quickly, and with a snap of my wrist, snatch the paper out of the air. I look at the front, but nothing's written there. I turn it to the back, and not a mark is made there either. I scratch my head in confusion.

I get up to leave when I hear a familiar sound, someone singing.

MARSHALL'S P.O.V

I just couldn't wait any longer for Fionna to finish the scavenger hunt. So I rushed out of my house as soon as she left and got to The Dancing Reflection before she did. I told the waiters and staff what I wanted to do, and they all seemed pretty excited. The piano player even suggested I sing to her, and offered to play something. I taught her a song I learned from out of Aaa, called All This Time by a band named OneRepublic. They were a pretty sick band, I got to say. I went to one of their concerts.

We let Fionna sit there for a little bit, and ten minutes later, we were ready. The piano player started up, and my singing came next.

*Marshall singing*

Six on the second hand, to New Years resolution,

And there's just no question, what this man should do.

Take all the time lost, all the days that I cost.

Take what I took and give it back to you.

All this time we were waiting for each other,

All this time I was waiting for you.

We got all these words, can't waste them on another.

So I'm straight in a straight line, running back to you.

I don't know what day it is, I had to check the paper.

I don't know the city, but it isn't home.

You say I'm lucky to love something that loves me.

But I'm torn as I could be, wherever I roam.

Here we say all this time we were waiting for each other.

All this time I was waiting for you.

We got all these words, can waste them on another.

So I'm straight in a straight line, running back to you.

Ooohhhh running back to you.

*finishes song*

I finish the song standing right in front of Fionna, who's grinning from ear to ear.

"Fionna the Human," I say.

"Yes?" she answers, nodding.

"Will you do me the honor..."

"Yes???"

"Of being my girlfriend?"

*FIONNA GASPS*

----------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait, but here it is. The moment you've all been waiting for. And I was evil enough to exclude Fionna's answer. You're welcome :) love you guys!