Chapter 13

Fionna's P.O.V

I woke up with a pounding in my head. I sluggishly pulled my self into an upright position and crawled out of bed. I headed for the bathroom and took a look at myself in the mirror.

The first thing I noticed was my hair, which was sticking up in all different directions. And then I could see the dried tears on my face. I almost cried all over again. I patted down my hair and washed my face before I went downstairs. Cake was waiting for me at the kitchen table.

"Morning, sweetie. You feeling alright?" She asked, concern filling her eyes.

"I'm okay, I guess," I answer with absolutely no emotion.

"Do you want me to stay home with you today? I was going to go over to Lord Morcho's but I can stay if you want," Cake tells me earnestly.

"No, I'll be fine. I could use some alone time."

"Are you sure? I could just tell Lord M-"

"Yeah, just go. Have fun," I try to say with as much enthusiasm as possible.

"Okay, baby. Call me if you need me." Cake kisses the top of my head and grabs her stuff to leave. At the front door she looks back at me. She looks like she's about to say something, but then she just opens the door and leaves.

When she's gone, I get up and travel up to my bed. After grabbing my sword and putting on my bunny hat, I head out. Without even thinking about it, my feet lead me to the one guy who's always happy to see me.

When I get to his castle, I look up at it and just admire it for a second. I used to think that I'd be living here one day, that I would be Princess Fionna. And that Prince Gumball would be my husband.

But those thoughts faded when he rejected me, and then Marshall helped me to realize that I could do better.

Marshall. I internally sighed. I guess I'll have to talk to him sooner or later.

Right then, a large crash came from inside the castle followed by a girly scream. I rushed inside and traced where the voice came from, ending up in the dungeon of PG's castle. And what I saw, I couldn't believe.

"Marshall Lee, what in Gob's name are you doing here?"

MARSHALL'S P.O.V.

I look up at the sound of Fionna's voice. Currently, I'm holding up Prince Gumbutt by his shirt collar, my fist raised.

"Fionna, I swear it's not what it looks like," I say quickly.

Gumball squirms in my grasp. "It's exactly what it looks like! He attacked me! Fionna, help me!" My heart breaks when I see Fionna's expression shift from anger, to confusion, to hurt. I drop Gumbutt and he lands with a thud. He shuffles over to Fionna. What a marshmallow.

"I... I don't even know what to say anymore. Have a nice life, Marshall Lee." and with that, Fionna grabs PG by the collar and turns on her heel to storm away.

"Fionna! Please, let me explain! I SWEAR it's not what it looks like!" I try. She lets go of Gumbutt, turns around, her face contorted with anger, and she strides right up to me. Our faces are only inches apart.

"Well? Explain," she says, her voice like ice. I pause. If I tell her why I'm really here, about to punch PG, it might ruin everything. I don't want to lose her completely.

I guess I hesitated too long, because she speaks up again. "I knew there was nothing to it. Do you really hate him that much? Do you hate me too? Is that why you stood me up?" She's on the verge of tears now. But I still can't bring myself to tell her.

"Fionna, of course I don't hate you. How could you ever think that, Bunny?" I search her eyes for answers.

"Quite easily, actually." Her voice breaks mid sentence and a few tears roll down her cheeks. My heart breaks in half at the sight.

She turns back around and runs out of the castle. PG just kinda looks at me for a second.

"I think you should go," he says.

"I was already leaving." I float out of the castle with my umbrella above me and slowly make my way back home. My mind is constantly focused on the way Fionna looked when she asked if I hated her. She was so hurt and so broken by my actions. How could I have let this happen?

And worst of all, I felt like a monster.

---------------------------------------------

okay, there it is. please don't hate me. and I'm sorry for blanking out on you guys, and that this I all I have to show for it, but I have major writers block and I suck at making long chapters. I'm pretty sure there's only going to be a few more chapters until the end, depending on the responses I get.

so, vote if it was worthy, comment what you think, it would be much appreciated!

and I think I might start doing a shout out. what do you think?

until next time! :)

p.s. if there's any mistakes please don't criticize me I only looked over it once. k bye :D

update:

oh! and check out my other story, A Cliché with a Twist. thanks guys!