Chapter 17: Naruto vs Mito! Kick Her *ss!

Naruto throughout the month, trained endlessly with his Kurama, his family and crew members. Now it was time for the third part of the exam and guess who he was up against, that's right, Mito. While training, Naruto learned many more elemental type jutsus along with special clan jutsus, which is very rare for anyone to know except for the clan. Naruto even met Jiraiya, the apparent Toad Sage, but Naruto would rather call him Pervy-Sage than sensei or master. Jiraiya and Sanji along with Brooke got along very well and Jiraiya agreed to train Naruto along with crew. Of course, Naruto gained the fox summoning thanks to Kurama and he also found out that because of his connections with the Pirate King, he can have more than two summonings which is unheard of. So Naruto gained the Toad Summons and the Sea King summon which was thought to be impossible. Naruto and his family spent most of their time either in the Forest of Death or at their apartment. Kurama trained Naruto with new jutsus, adding to his already overflowing arsenal of weapons and jutsus. But more couldn't hurt. Naruto successfully learned, within the month, the Nara's Shadow Possession jutsu, though Naruto was unable to learn the Shadow Possession Strangle Jutsu as it was too complicated. Naruto also learned the Mind Transfer Jutsu of the Yamanaka clan, though his family has very strong wills and couldn't be taken over easily as some people in the village. Kurama also taught Naruto about chakra punches and kicks along with Sanji. Luffy taught Naruto a special kind of Armament Haki where you don't even need to make contact with the person you're aiming for. Of course, it's not perfect, but it's really good, almost on par with Luffy when he first learned it in Wano. Naruto learned the Rasengan from Jiraiya along with many stealth moves from going with Jiraiya on his 'research trips' that Nami didn't know about. Of course, there's still so much more Naruto can learn from his family. Chopper was able to train Naruto with Kurama on medicine and medical ninjutsu, while Usopp taught Naruto how to aim and the importance of faking it till you make it. Robin and Zoro taught Naruto some more interesting facts about the world they live in along with some new sword attacks. Nami taught Naruto more about the weather and how you can manipulate it to your choosing.

The crew was sitting in the crowd, waiting for the third round of the Chūnin Exams to start. Naruto was with the rest of the Genin in the stands, closest to the area where the matches would take place. Naruto noticed that Gekko Hayate, the man who was supposed to be proctoring the third round, was not proctoring. Instead it was Shiranui Genma. Hayate was supposed to proctor the third round since he oversaw the preliminaries and Naruto wondered why there was a switch in protcors. "Perhaps it was a switch made by Minato... " Kurama said to Naruto who mentally nodded, a little unsure with that reason. It's known that the person who proctors the preliminaries also proctors the Third Round. There shouldn't be a switch unless the proctor is severely injured, ill, or dead. "Excuse me," Genma said aloud and everyone became quiet. "This is the third part of the Chūnin Exams. As you know, even if you win your match, that doesn't mean you'll become a Chūnin. Keep that in mind. Now I hand it over to our Hokage for some words," Genma said and he motioned to Minato. The crowd's attention turned to Minato who stood up and coughed before speaking. "Thank you for all coming out here today to witness our Genin who will fight with the Will of Fire to become a Chūnin! I'm sure you're all anxious to see the matches, so I won't talk anymore. Good luck to all the Genin!" Minato shouted and the crowd cheered except for the Straw Hat Crew who just sat patiently, waiting for Naruto's match against Mito where Naruto will destroy Mito. "First up is Temari vs. Shikamaru! Will both combatants please come down to the field," Genma said and Temari jumped down into the arena while Shikamaru was reluctant to do so. Naruto discreetly watched as Ino shoved Shikamaru down to the arena.

"You should at least try!" Ino yelled at Shikamaru who sighed and mumbled, "What a drag." As expected, Shikamaru was extremely intelligent, using the area around him to corner Temari. When he finally captured Temari, it was a surprise to everyone when he decided to give up and let Temari win saying his chakra was running too low.  Naruto was intrigued at Shikamaru's decision. "Naras are known for being extremely lazy, but they are extremely intelligent with high strategic brains. They're always ten steps ahead of their opponent," Kurama said and Naruto was impressed. "Next up is Kankuro vs. Shino. Will both combatants-" "I forfeit!" Kankuro said and Genma looked up at him and then at Shino who just shrugged. "Aburame Shino automatically wins by his opponent forfeiting," Genma said to the crowd who booed. "Next up is Uchiha Sasuke vs. Gaara of the Sand!" Genma shouted over the crowd who quieted down. "This is the match I wanted to see the most." "What about that Mito?" " I wanted to see her match as well." "Where's Sasuke?" "Yeah I don't see him." The crowd mumbled when Sasuke didn't show up in the arena. Genma looked over at Minato who listened to the crowd. "Uchiha Sasuke will be eliminated if he does not show—" Genma started. "Wait. We're going to postpone their match until after Mito's match. If Uchiha Sasuke doesn't show up, he will be automatically disqualified and Gaara will win by default," Minato said and the crowd cheered a little. Genma just hned at his Hokage's words.