Because They're So Much Better at Mayhem

Once the tiny band actually started off, the progress was at a swift steady pace. Or at least, it would have been. Unfortunately, Silversin had failed to inform her companions of her many physical limitations.

“This body… was not meant for harsh activity,” she explained while trying to catch her breath. “Perhaps I should transform into Tarsi. That body is nimble and could easily handle this journey.”

It was lucky for her that the only individuals who actually heard her comment were Myra and Sam. The others were far ahead, eagerly leading the way. Lilla was running up the trail, locating familiar landmarks, and coming back to excitedly tell Meris all about her discoveries. But Meris was too engrossed in his conversation with Dru, about what Sam's home could possibly be like, and paid her no attention. Myra, who had stayed behind to give Silversin some emotional support as she struggled her way up the path, gave a terrified and pleading glance to Sam, who, without hesitation, promptly ran away.

That was…unexpected. Myra reflected as she watched his quickly retreating form.

She never expected anything to be important enough to Sam that it would cause him to run. But apparently he felt that the situation called for immediate action, because he quickly returned with Meris and Dru accompanying him. Stopping directly in front of them, the violet eyed demon held out his hand. “Silversin, Myra, give me your dowels.”

The two puzzled females swiftly retrieved their metal poles and set them in his open palm. Combining them with the three that he had in his other hand, Sam began his work. With swift action, his agile fingers molded and weaved. And in a short amount of time, a very simple looking, yet incredibly structurally-detailed representation of a litter laid before him.

It consisted of a box-shaped cabin, large enough for someone to ride in comfortably, and two poles on either side for carrying. It was like many of the sedan chairs that Myra had seen in books (her obsession with forms of travel was not limited only to trains), except this one had no windows on the cab. Sam walked around it, opened the door, and removed the pack which Silversin carried from her back. “Get in,” came his simple demand. “Meris and Dru will carry you up the trail.”

Several hours later, the group reached a location which Lilla deemed appropriate for respite.

Everyone’s eyes immediately turned to Sam to see if he approved, but his only response was to set down Silversin’s pack, and remove his own. It seemed that he gave the elfin guide full responsibility of their travel.

Myra was very pleased to see that they had stopped by a swift flowing mountain stream. She had long before finished off the contents of her canteen, as well as Meris’s and Dru’s who insisted that they were not very thirsty. Hopefully Silversin, or someone else, could sanitize the water somehow.

Maybe Sam can make it boil with his fire-vision.

When the two sedan chair toting demons set down the litter and opened the door, the limp, sweat soaked body of Silversin came tumbling out. Myra’s eyes widened in shock and she and Lilla bounded over to the long haired woman’s form. Meris stood in shock, and Dru was squatting by her side, poking her with his finger. “I think she’s dead.”

Half a second later, Silversin let out a large gasp, followed by ragged coughs. Lilla helped her into a sitting position and kept a tight arm around her shoulder. “What did you do to her?” Lilla yelled at Sam. It was obvious that she knew these demons very well, for she immediately knew who to blame.

The amethyst eyed male simply shrugged at her accusation, sat down cross legged, and began to sift through the items in his pack. Lilla scowled. “You are so going on my ‘on warning’ list.”