Because Fan-Girls Come in All Shapes and Sizes

By the time Lilla caught sight of the high roof and many awnings of the Morris Inn her stomach had already started to twist in nervousness. She knew that she had no need to feel intimidated; Silversin was kind enough to give her a protection charm and a letter of credit to use. Thinking of the credit alone had made her giddy enough to skip most of the way to her destination. But by now the quick clicks of her knee high leather boots on the cobblestone had morphed into a low grating noise as her feet dragged slowly on the road.

Why did Sam's favorite place to stay in town have to be in its shadiest district? Sure, the place was rumored to have the world's best barbeque, but it also had a bad reputation for other less savory things.

In fact, no proper lady would go within three blocks of the place. Not that Lilla considered herself a proper lady by any standards. She was merely a mountain elf and one of the apprentices to Silversin. But she was not accustomed to getting into sticky situations unless she was allowed to gut someone with her trusty dagger. This however, was an action that Silversin was adamantly opposed to.

Before she knew it, Lilla was standing in front of the enormous intimidating door to the Morris Inn. Ok, so maybe it was just a standard sized door, with a welcome mat, and a crooked "Open" sign hanging on it. But that didn't make it any less intimidating. Besides, there was a lot of yelling and chanting noises coming from the inside. Who knew what could be going on in there?

Lilla suddenly felt a wave of concern towards the girl who was with Dru when they came to the house. She was probably in there right now, having to deal first hand with the riotous behavior. Her previous fears now converted into a surge of confidence at the prospect of helping someone in need. Lilla gulped and reached for the door handle.

The cheering stopped. Lilla froze. Silence loomed.

The door quickly (and quite suddenly) flew open and smacked right into the maroon haired elf's face, knocking her down. Then a figure leaped over her body while cackling, "Ha! They're all mine now. That will teach you to not eat all of the marshmallows while I'm still asleep."

A glowing figure shortly followed after the first. "But Myra-darling, we were going to save some for you! I swear!"

"Riiiight," said the first voice in an unbelieving tone.

"Lilla? It is you. Are you alright?" A very dazed Lilla stared up into a pair of beautiful crimson eyes.

"M-Meris?" her voice was gruff and her head was swimming.

"Oh Lil, Dru probably ran you over, didn't he? He's so insensitive. Would you like me to help you up?"

To Lilla, his words seemed quick and strung together. All she could focus on was his mesmerizing eyes and a wispy tuft of midnight colored hair that kept falling into his face. It would drift down gently covering his right eye, resting on a porcelain cheek. Then his perfect lips would prick to the side and blow the tuft away where it would once again start its descent.

A breathy "yeah" was all she managed to say before passing out.

⌘⌘⌘

"I still cannot believe that I let a pathetic human wench drag me around town looking for a dress," Sam sneered while flipping through fabric samples.

Myra groaned loudly, "first of all: despite being a female I am not a huge fan of shopping, so you'll get no sympathy from me. And second: it's not a dress, it's a kimono, and you're going to have to get one as well."

Sam made a sound of disapproval just as Dru came strutting out of a dressing room in a pinstriped, light purple kimono with pink flowers along the bottom. "Does it really look that bad?" Dru pouted. "I thought the color brought out my eyes."