Because not everyone has the same sense of humor

Myra's grip on the front of Meris's shirt tightened as he hopped off the final step of the now completely stopped ghost train. Without a platform beneath them, it was quite a ways down and Myra was glad that Meris's strong arms kept her cradled snugly against him.

Sam, who had exited first, was currently in the midst of peeling off his bandages. Myra stared when she noticed that he was completely healed and his pristine skin showed no signs of scarring.

Pity, she thought. Scars add character, and Sam could certainly use some.

When he noticed her gaze, he glared back at her with a look that was so bitter and intense she thought he was trying to burn her with his retinas. And apparently that is exactly what he was trying to do because a moment later he turned to look at the pile of bandages, and set it ablaze.

Dru, who had exited from the other end of the car, now stood several paces away, waiting patiently.

He seems he is taking Sam's orders quite seriously.

Meris's warm breath tickled her skin as he spoke softly into her ear. "Do you see that mountain range, Myra? Those are the Rosetti Mountains, and just on the other side of them is where Sam's estate lays. We're probably going there next."

Myra looked up and saw a grand mountain range of snowy peaks looming in front of them. It appeared that the train had dropped the group off at the base of the rolling foothills that preceded them. "How long should it take us to get there?" she asked.

"I'm not quite sure..." he shrugged. "Sam, do you know?"

"A couple of days if the weather is fair and we find a competent guide. Otherwise it might take a few weeks."

"A few weeks!!!" Myra shrieked. "My family is probably completely bonkers with worry already! At least tell me there is a phone somewhere I can use to call home."

Sam mockingly looked around at the grassy hills. "Sorry, I don't see any." he deadpanned. "But if I notice any farmers on a cell phone while driving their tractor, you're the first person I will inform."

Myra's face grew red with anger. "I didn't mean right here! I meant—"

"Besides," he interrupted. "If Dru completed his assignment correctly, your parents should not be worried at all."

"Assignment?" Myra blinked. "What do you mean?"

⌘⌘⌘

Meanwhile, back at Myra's house, in the kitchen, on the fridge, tacked up with a magnet that looked like a bunch of bananas, was a letter. It was written in what appeared to be Myra's own handwriting (if not a bit more bubbly). It read:

Hi Mom & Dad!

 You remember those guys I came home with last night? Well, at least mom should. Dad was in bed, weren't you? Hehe... Anyway, you know the really good looking one with the long silky silver hair that you wish you could run your fingers through, and the adorable fluffy white ears that would be perfect for scratching behind while you kiss him all over? Well, we fell madly in love and are running away to some tropical island in the tropics. So don't worry about me, I'm just off enjoying myself with the love of my life.

 Love,

           Myra

P.S. I took all of the ice cream with me.

⌘⌘⌘

Myra slapped her forehead with her palm. "Please tell me you didn't actually write that!"