Chapter one

A few months had passed since the incident. New York City still has a long way to go until it would ever be close to being the same, but everyone is helping out. The Avengers have become very popular in the eyes of the citizens. The destruction of the city paid little heed to the saving of their lives.

Tony Stark has had to settle in a hotel for now, due to the destruction of Stark Towers. All the Avengers had joined him, they had become close, well, most of them...

 "Stark! Keep it down would you? I'm trying to read!" Steve Rogers yelled as he sat in his large hotel room, seated in a large arm chair. Tony had the unfortunate pleasure of being his next door neighbor. And that man loved his AC/DC. The music stayed at the same level, and Steve grunted in frustration.

 He got up from his comfortable position and walked out into the hall way. The corridor was empty, the sound was much quieter. He banged on Tony's door, hoping he'd get the message. The brunette opened the door, his wet hair combed back. He was dressed in one of his fine silk robes, the front open. "Geeze Stark! Don't you have any decency?" Steve scrunched his face in disgust and put his hand up.

 Tony tied his robe closed, giving the blond a dirty look. "What's wrong Rogers? Can't keep up with the times?" He smirked at the other man, who responded with his own dirty look. "Just turn the music down would you?" He skulked off, leaving an amused Tony to himself.

 Tony walked into his large and comfortable room, with it's large circular couch in front of a fire place with a plasma screen hanging over it. He walked over to the surround sound stereo and paused. A smile crossed his face as he looked out at the view of the ocean, it was a truly gorgeous sight, he wished he could share it with someone. He turned down the stereo, which currently played Love Song by AC/DC.

 Any way that he could piss off Steve, he would do it. But he decided to let Capsicle have this one. Tony walked over to the large red couch, and lay back, thinking about the past few months.

 It just didn't seem real, the whole war of the worlds thing. It was... almost like a dream... But it wasn't. As much as everyone wished it was, it hadn't been, and it never would be. What happened happened, and nothing could change that. Tony shook his head and flipped on the plasma screen, trying to find something to watch. Anything to get his mind off now.

~*~

 Steve sighed as he poured himself a cup of coffee. He wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyways. His mind has been restless lately, thinking of all the things he's missed, being frozen for seventy years. He laughed at a joke he had heard, Captain America is a ninety year old virgin! He wished he could say he wasn't, but he didn't like to lie. He relaxed in his arm chair, picking up his favorite book, Flags of Our Fathers. It reminded him of the good old days, of when everything still made sense.

 He wanted his old life back; he wanted to turn back time so that none of this had ever happened. He wanted to see his beloved Peggy, even just for a moment. But he couldn't. She was probably dead by now, as was Bucky. Steve knew he would have to move on, and let go of the past.

 "Get a hold of yourself Steve, you're being delusional." The man told himself. He laughed again. Great, now I'm talking to myself. He sighed, and decided a nice soak would do him some good. The soldier flipped on his radio, a simple stereo, and tuned into a 50's station. Buddy Holly sang "Early in the Morning." It was just right.

 The bath had filled, and Steve stripped of his sweats and blue sweat shirt. He slipped in and sighed with relief. Yeah, this was exactly what he needed.

 YOU'VE BEEN-THUNDER STRUUUUUUUUUUUCCCK!

 "STAAAAARK!"