Chapter four

"Guys, Thor's here!" Bruce yelled as he ran into the pent house. None of them locked their doors, seeing it as useless. They all were always going from room to room, enjoying each other's company. Everyone stopped what they were doing to look up at the excited Bruce. "Are you serious?" Clint asked. "Yeah! I saw the storm heading in on the sensor! He's really coming guys! We gotta celebrate!" the scientist exclaimed.

 Everyone smiled at each other, knowing exactly how much Bruce and Thor had connected. Tony walked out from the bathroom, adjusting his belt buckle. "What's going on?" he asked, looking around at everyone's amused faces. "Thor's coming to town." explained Clint, getting up from his bar stool to grab himself a refill on his drink. Tony groaned, he was obviously not excited for "Blondie's" arrival.

 "I thought something was up." he grumbled, going to the mini bar. "I don't get why everyone is so excited, it's not like it's not like we haven't seen him in years." Tony grabbed a bottle of brandy, and Steve quickly grabbed it, giving him a serious look. "You don't need a drink, Stark." The brunette matched his facial expression, obviously not amused.

 The room fell silent, watching to see what would conspire. Silence passed for about a minute, before a loud thunder broke in. Everyone but Tony and Steve looked up, and Bruce gasped. He ran out the sliding glass door, onto the patio.

 Clint and Natasha followed him, seeing the dark, ominous cloud roll over New York. A lightning bolt struck down, and the smile on Bruce's face only grew wider. "C'mon! We gotta go meet him!" He pulled out his tracker, the small blinking light showing the exact location of the god.

 "You guys go ahead. I need to keep an eye on this guy." Steve told the gang, cocking his head towards the brunette. Tony stole the bottle right out of the blond's hand, and took a swig. "Don't have to tell me twice!" Bruce practically skipped out of the room, and Natasha took Clint's hand as they followed after him.

 Steve turned to Tony, the smug bastard giving him a smirk. "You know, you really shouldn't drink as much as you do. It's not good for your health." The soldier grumbled as he turned away and began to clean up the mess. Tony snorted.

 "It's my life, and I honestly don't think you can run around trying to tell me what to do." he growled, but screwed the cap back on the bottle.

 "I always thought you wanted to be different from your father?" Steve snapped, not turning around. Tony blinked, and his mouth hung open. He didn't know what to say, he was too stunned to really say anything. He didn't know Steve was capable of saying something as cruel as that.

 "Know what? You go have fun. I'll be back at Stark Towers." Tony growled, slamming the bottle down on the counter near Steve's hand, and storming off. The soldier knew he would need to apologize for that little remark, but he wasn't going to be doing it now. He pushed down his guilt, and returned the bottle to its rightful place, and followed out after the others.

~*~

 "Steve? What's up with you tonight? You seem, distant." Natasha asked her friend as she placed her hand lightly on his. "It's nothing Tash, I just got into a bit of a fight with Stark. I said something I shouldn't have said, and now, I don't know, I'm feeling guilty." Steve admitted, taking a sip of his cream soda.

 "Oh come on Steve, it's Stark. I'm sure he'll have forgotten about it by now." The woman smiled, and the soldier nodded slightly in agreement.

 "Excuse me friends, if I could have everyone's attention!" Clint requested, and the Avengers, sans Tony, turned to face him. "Are you really doing this now?" Natasha growled, but everyone could see the smile twitching at her lips. "Yes, I'm doing this now." The male assassin smiled, and quickly kissing the top of her head.