The Trial

Ryker's POV

Today is the trial. Today I have to sit and listen to all of the things these deranged people did to my girls. My mom is watching Olivea and I know she is nervous, because of the last time she watched her. She will be fine though. I know that it was an allergic reaction, there was no way to know that Olivea could drink formula. We are sitting in the courtroom right now and I was keeping an eye on Hadley to make sure she was okay, I do that a lot now. Ever since the day, ever since she didn't wake up right away. It's hard but that time never leaves my mind. The fear and worry I felt for my girl was almost too much to take. I almost lost her.

"All rise for Judge Mathis." The bailiff announced so we did. "Now presenting the case of Washington vs Brend Knox. You may be seated." he said when the judge sat down.

SInce we were prosecution we went first. The DA called a lot of people to testify, Hadley's doctors, the owner of the florist across from Had's studio (she caught Brenda and Tristan on her security cam), Cole, a few people I didn't know and then she called me and finally Hadley. 

"Miss Davis, can you tell us what happened on June 20th?" she asked

Hadley nodded and cleared her throat before diving into the story, know she wouldn't be interrupted. "I had scheduled an engagement photo shoot for that say so I was at the studio getting everything read with my assistant Cole. He had brought breakfast because I was 34 weeks pregnant. I was eating when they arrived so he went to answer the door. I heard him say hello and then I heard a loud thud so I went to see what happened. Cole was lying on the ground unconscious with blood trickling down his face. I tried to help him but I was struck in the back of my head. I blacked out and came to listening to Brenda and Tristan bickering. She kept saying she knew what she was doing and that neither me or Olivea would die. She said she wanted me to suffer, so she was going to tell me my baby died when in reality she was going to leave her on a church step. Tristan was trying to talk her out of it. He didn't want to hurt us the way Brenda did. I pretended to be out still, so they wouldn't try t know me out or something. I could feel blood between my thighs. Seemingly out of nowhere I felt intense pain because Brenda was cutting open my belly. She pulled Olivea out of me and when I asked to see her she told me I'd never know my daughter. I'd never see her because I didn't deserve to. I had a condition while I was pregnant called Pre-Eclampsia. This condition cause me to have a placental abruption. I lost a lot of blood and I was in a coma for two and half weeks. I almost died." She said. telling everyone the facts of what happened that day.

"Thank you Hadley. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Can you tell everyone what you were feeling that day and what you're still feeling about that day?" she asked.

"Terrified. I was so scared that my Olivea was going to be hurt. I was devastated when she told me I'd never get to see my daughter. The fear was almost crippling. She was torn from me in a hideous way. She was scared and I could feel it. She didn't know what was going on. The first this she saw with her beautiful green eyes was that monster. That is something that can never change. She will never be able to fix that her first image was someone filled with so much hate. I know she won't remember that, but we will. Me and her father will never be able to get that out of our heads. She didn't get to feel comforted or love by the first thing she saw. It should have been me or at least her dad.  I heard her little cry and all I wanted was to hold her and see her. I didn't get to meet her for that first two and a half weeks of her life. I missed out on the crucial bonding time at the beginning of her life.  I feel immense pain when I think about my daughter's birthday. We will never be able to celebrate that day without remembering what that woman did to me and my daughter. She has tainted my Olivea's birthday." She finished with tears rolling down her face. I know I had a few unshed tears myself and I could see the jury all sniffling and blotting their eyes. I looked over to Brenda and she just looked annoyed. SHe didn't care at all.