Stalking - A Concept

"So, not only did you kidnap my child, you also kidnapped my sister" Sienna heard Dom say in the background. She slyly opened an eye, scouting the area around her to see if there were any potential threats. All she saw was Dom arguing with a blonde woman in front of her. Beside her were two guards stationed perfectly on her sides. She was in a plane, which was basically the centre of all her problems. Her arms and legs were tied up on a wooden chair, perfectly reflecting a classic kidnapping scene.
"How long has Sienna been here?" Dom spat in anger.
"Only a day! She's a hard one to kidnap, let me tell you that," the woman said, trying to make a joke. Suddenly, Sienna began to remember how she managed to get into this situation.
After promising a consistently concerned Camerón that she would be fine walking home on her own, she realised that she was being tailed by at least four different people. She wasn't too worried, she was much more interested in the sudden care Camerón had whenever she would go out. It was weird, she always got herself into stupid situations but recently; he was so much more apprehensive over every place Sienna would go to.
She thought it was simply because she had been in fights and attacked way too many times and he really needed a babysitter. When the tail increased from four people to six, that's when finally Sienna realised that this was something to be nervous about. But, before she could respond in a reasonable manner, she was tranquilised.
"I've been trying for the last year and a bit. She somehow managed to dodge every single attack" The woman continued. Sienna scrunched up her face in confusion. Who even is she? She thought to herself.
"Excuse me?" Sienna grimaced.
"Are you okay?" Dom asked in a stern voice.
"Of course! You have a child?" Sienna chirped. Why shouldn't she be okay? She's definitely been through worse.
"Yeah" Dom said smiling a little. Good luck; kids are a nuisance. I refuse to babysit another one of those headache-inducing little people.
"Finally. It's about time I had a chat with you" The woman exclaimed with a cheerful tone. Her facial expressions rapidly turned sour as she turned around and dismissed Dom who had looked on helplessly. He left the room and the guards followed suit, leaving a confused Sienna who eyed the woman up and down.
"You said you tried to kidnap me for over a year?" Sienna began while the woman grabbed a seat for herself and positioned it opposite her.
"Yeah. Seriously, you're the worst person in the world to kidnap." The woman sighed in exasperation.
"Yeah, no." Sienna said shaking her head rapidly in disapproval. "Who are you?" She spat.
"I'm Cipher. Nice to meet you!" Cipher greeted, as she extended her hand. Sienna raised her eyebrows and gestured to her hands, which were tied up. "Oh" Cipher said, putting her hand into her leather jacket's pocket.
"I don't know you. Why are you so obsessed with me?" Sienna pondered.
"I'm not obsessed with you!" Cipher defended.
"You... you tried to kidnap me. For a whole year" Sienna replied, stressing every word.
"Doesn't mean I'm obsessed with you" Cipher retaliated.
What the hell? Sienna thought. Did this woman not know basic mathematics? "Okay. Seeing as you're clearly in denial" Sienna began, dismissing the argument that was itching to happen. "Why were you trying to kidnap me?" She asked.
"It's a long story" Cipher huffed.
"Well. I mean" Sienna looked down at her current situation. "It's not like I'm going anywhere" She shrugged.
"You're right" Cipher grinned. "Basically, your boyfriend didn't do his job properly... so this is his punishment"
Questions immediately began to flood Sienna's mind. "Okay, firstly. That was the world's quickest story. Secondly, what?" Her boyfriend? Did Cipher mean Owen? What was going on?
"Owen Shaw? Your boyfriend...right? I mean, I have pictures to prove it" Cipher began to trail on as she got up out of her seat. Sienna watched on as the tall blonde walked over to a filing cabinet and took out a rather large file that was literally going to fall apart from the amount of papers it had in it. She sat back down and opened the file, flawlessly flicking through what must have been at least a hundred individual pieces of notes and easily found a picture. Turning it around so Sienna could see, Cipher watched Sienna's expression turn from confusion to shock.
"Why do you have pictures of my ex and I from 7 years ago?" Sienna rightly interrogated.
"Good question" Cipher pointed at Sienna. "I've known Owen... well, I've seen his work. It's great. Naturally, I kept an eye out on his movements-"
"Naturally" Sienna repeated. "It's natural to stalk people?"
"Anyway" Cipher carried on. "When he stopped at Mexico for a little while. I knew it was because of the cartel leader... what was his name?"
"Braga. You mean Braga"
"Yes! Braga. But, he stayed longer than he should have. What I knew was that Owen was supposed to lay low for just a few months but he ended up staying longer. I got curious. I checked out what he was doing and it turned out he was doing you" Sienna rolled her eyes at that comment. "From the information I had on him, I genuinely didn't think that the man would ever openly be in a relationship with someone, let alone falling in love with them. So, I checked you out"
"Meaning you stalked me?"
"Owen said exactly the same thing"
"Wait... Owen knew that you were stalking me?"
"How many times do I have to say this? IT'S NOT STALKING!"
"Okay lady. You have me tied up here; I'm not trying to start anything." Sienna tried to raise her hands in surrender but miserably failed.
"That cheeky asshole tried to leave London as soon as he found out that you were on the other side of the game" He did? "I really needed someone to do this job. His brother didn't want to do it and Owen is great at what he does. So, I used you as an incentive to get him back on track"
"Did it work?" Sienna simply asked. She found it hard to process this new information. So, all of those years shoving her feeling for him deep down inside her heart because of what he did was for no reason? All he wanted to do was protect Sienna from Cipher. Owen didn't deserve any of the hate that Camerón and she threw at him behind his back.
Abuela was right.
The mad, sometimes infuriating woman was right.
Owen had a reason for what he did. She was the reason. Sienna gulped at the very thought of Owen thinking that Sienna hated him. Why didn't he tell her? In the car when they were by themselves.
Why couldn't he tell her exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it? Why did he keep it to himself and complicate the situation?
She so desperately wanted to see him and ask him about everything.
Finally, Sienna could accept that fact that she never stopped loving Owen. There was nothing holding her back now. All those moments and memories that she spent hard time trying to forget about, she didn't need to anymore. He was always Mexico Owen. He never left.
God, she just wanted to see him.
"Are you kidding me? He got so sloppy. He made mistakes after mistakes. His heart was so invested that he couldn't think straight" Cipher sighed, rolling her eyes.
Interrupting the two of them, a guard rushed over to Cipher and whispered something in her ear. She nodded solemnly as she got up from her seat.
"Untie her" Cipher commanded. The guard swiftly took the rope off Sienna. "Here" Cipher said, tossing the file to Sienna who caught it just in time.
Watching Cipher intently until she faded out, Sienna opened the cover and took the opportunity of reading the novel length file. Flicking through, she read things about her that even she didn't know herself.
I always threaten people with a gun but I've never once fatally shot someone? Sienna, you're so much more badass than that.
My first crush was Roman? Seriously?
Chastising herself over the revelations that were shown to her within the file, she decided to look at the pictures instead. They were mostly just Owen and she, either smiling or arguing – it had fluctuated between the two. There was even snapshots of the race between Owen, Gisele, Camerón and Sienna. This was beyond creepy.
Cipher had said that she had been trying to grab Sienna for over a year. What Sienna couldn't understand was how she managed to not get kidnapped this past year. How did she manage to somehow dodge all of her attempts?
Hold on.
Did Camerón know about Cipher?
Did Owen tell him?
Is that why I've been treated like a child recently?
No. It couldn't be. Why would Owen tell Camerón when he could've called Sienna and explain the situation to her. Besides, Camerón wouldn't have kept this big a secret from Sienna; he wasn't a good secret keeper. She had faith in their friendship and she was so certain that there was no way Camerón knew. She must've just been exceptionally lucky. I bullshit my way through life anyway, I'm not surprised I dodged Cipher.
Her thoughts somehow shifted back to Owen. How was he? Was he worried about her all this time? Did he even know whether she was alive? Sienna needed to find out everything. She needed to know. Was the blonde sociopath telling the truth?
Sienna was itching to see Owen.
Abruptly, Dom opened the glass door. "Do you want to see your nephew?" Honestly, I'm tired of kids.
"Of course!" Sienna smiled as she got up from her seat. Following Dom who looked unusually tense, Sienna couldn't help but ask him why he was here. "So, um. I know why I'm here" She began. Dom glanced at her from his side, inviting her to continue. "Why... are you here?"
"She kidnapped my son." Dom announced.
"I gathered that, but I mean. What is she making you do? Why has she kidnapped your son"?
"She wants me to disable a nuclear submarine in Russia" He answered plainly.
Jogging a little to catch up with the man's pace, Sienna wondered, "Dom, honey, not to deflate your ego but, you're a street criminal who likes cars"
Dom stifled a laugh as he smirked. "I know"
"So, why did she choose you out of the many, many trained people who fit her job description?"
"I don't know, sweetheart"
"And she kidnapped your son as well? What an asshole!" Sienna exclaimed.
"You don't kidnap family" Dom lectured.
"Dom" Sienna said, halting the two of them temporarily. "Cipher threatened to kill me if Owen didn't do the job in London. I think that's why he ... did what he did" She gulped at the end.
Dom looked her straight in the eyes, "Cipher really does have everyone wrapped around her fingers, huh"
"I guess so" Sienna sighed. After a brief silence, Dom pointed to his right. Sienna immediately looked and saw Elena and a little baby.
"Ok. I don't usually like kids, but this one. He's cute" She admitted as she walked up to the glass panel that had blocked any form of physical touch.
"Up for babysitting?" Elena said, smiling brightly with her child in her arms who had the standard smile of innocence upon his face.
"I'm already full with one. I have no space"
"Yours?" Elena said in complete surprise.
"Oh God no" Sienna cringed.