Gratitude: A Concept

Sienna O'Connor like her brother, Brian, was an utter car addict. Maybe it was in the genes, maybe they just liked the same stuff growing up, but cars; they were their version of a modern day miracle.

After helping her brother in Miami, she left L.A to go and see the street racing in Mexico. It was fun; she met new people – won new cars; which was her version of a modern day heaven.

The best part was the after-party of every race, the perfect place to unwind and witness trouble. That was the main motive, anyway. Today was definitely no different.

"Sienna!" Camerón had screamed from within the party, silencing the whole room.

Camerón was part-time friend, part-time enemy. Sienna and he met over the summer when she won the first of many cars from him. They fight, they party – but they mainly fight.

Sienna immediately rolled her eyes at the sound of Camerón's overbearing voice "What now?" She said turning around to face him.

"¿Le diste a Fenix mi carro?"(You gave Fenix my car?) Camerón had accused angrily, his fingers hovering over his holster, feeling the urge to shoot her.

Suddenly, a man piped up out of nowhere. Sienna vaguely remembered him as Hector. "Is this man bothering you? Don't worry babe, I'll sort it out"
Nothing made Sienna more angry then men who bite more than they can chew. She had only known him for a couple of weeks, and she knew that he was infatuated with her since they first met. She also knew that no person is stupid enough to engage in a fight with Camerón; especially when it came to cars... and Sienna.

"Oh my God, Hector. Shut up. I can deal-"

"It's okay babe. Whatever this man wants to say to you, he can say it to me" Hector had said walking dauntlessly to Camerón. She couldn't even question his use of the word 'babe' and she certainly did not want to question this temporary moment of chivalry.

"Why is it that every man thinks he can fight God for a woman?" Gisele, Sienna's friend had commented.

"He's gonna run out of this place in a few minutes, just watch" Sienna muttered.
Sienna met Gisele when Gisele was hiring some drivers for her boss Braga, but ended up finding a party-freak of a girl who loved a bit of adrenaline. Fair enough to say they both met their other half. Ever since, they both had met up at least 4 times a week purely so they could let loose and have as much fun as they could have.

Camerón raised an eyebrow at Sienna who shrugged her shoulders accordingly. What was she supposed to do? She'll just have to deal with Camerón afterwards. He'll be easy to pacify, all he needed was an 'it won't happen again' apology and a drink to ease the pain of his car going to his enemy. Fighting with Camerón wasn't anything unusual and Sienna was keen to end this argument as swiftly as she could so she could get back to partying.

"Listen, coño. You don't want to do this" Camerón had said approaching Hector.

Hector took a step backwards, realising his mistake. Looking back at Sienna, he dashed out of the room before a finger was raised.

"And just like that, ten toes and they run away" Sienna had remarked taking a step closer to Camerón. "The thing is, Camerón. I won that car. I can do whatever the fuck I want with it, you stupid bitch. It's not even a serious thing. Why do you have to make it such a big issue, Camerón?"

"¿Como se dice en Inglés?" Camerón had angrily commented, "I'm going to kill you" He said stepping closer to Sienna.

The room was so silent that if a pin would drop, it would have sounded like a grenade exploding. The atmosphere was engulfed with tension as a standoff between Sienna and Camerón became very quickly a real possibility.

"I'm sure we don't need to take it this far" A British voice interrupted.

Audible groans were heard from both Gisele and Sienna as they realised that another man came in between her business. Sienna turned around to address the cocky man. He look visibly unfazed with the tensions within the whole room, almost as if he was ignorant in the fact that this could very well be a shoot out. Checking out the guy, Sienna realised that he was actually incredibly attractive with his lean, muscular figure that ever so slightly leant on the island that it almost compensated for his lack of brain.

"I'm sorry. Did... did you see what happened to" Sienna paused, looking back at Gisele for help as she had forgotten the coño's name.

"Hector" Gisele piped in perfectly

"Hector? Please, don't embarrass yourself further and just... let me deal with one asshole at a time. Besides he says he's going to kill me all time – he's full of shit" Sienna had advised. "This douchebag has no balls, it's fine. You can go away"

"Sienna, watch your mouth or I swear" Camerón had threatened from behind her.

The mysterious man walked over to Sienna with an attitude that looked as if he was dealing with a bunch of children.

He placed his arm on Sienna's shoulder and turned her to face Camerón. "I'm sure you both can deal with this ridiculous excuse for an argument."

"Who is this? Sienna, I am sick and tired of all the men in your life who try and fight for your ass." Camerón said in an exasperated tone. "They run away. All the time. I can never have a decent fight with your men"

"First things first, asshole. Don't get excited – you're such a pussy, that gun probably isn't even loaded. You wanna try play me? -" Sienna started.

"Sienna. Don't make things worse, just bless it and lets go" Gisele warned, realising that despite the fact that Sienna and Camerón always have their moments – this began to seem like it would actually turn out into a fight. Both of their egos were way too big to not fight tonight.

"I agree" The man piped up after a short hiatus from the shouting match.

"Shut up. I will say whatever the fuck I want to this asshole." Sienna said looking back at Camerón.

Camerón could not take the repeated insults anymore from Sienna, raising his fist; he attempted a swing at Sienna. In a flash, Sienna was violently thrust to the other side of the room, knocking down some spectators on the way. Recovering, she watched as Camerón and the man threw punches at each other. With a huge blow to his body, Camerón ended up colliding with the drinks table, smashing the glasses to pieces as they fell on the floor. Camerón reached for his gun but the man had twisted his hand before he could get to it.

Cries of shock erupted within the room, not because of the violence that was occurring, but because of the fact that this was the first time someone other than Sienna was fighting Camerón.

Sienna stood shell shocked in the midst of it all. She's only met a few men in life who had enough balls to fight men like Camerón; she was impressed. But before she could fully admire the courage of this mysterious guy, Camerón was on the floor, beaten and bruised.

The man looked at Sienna with a triumphant face, whereas his body language showed that he was at ease. She stared back at him with a confused look at what he needed to be congratulated for. Thank you for this unnecessary fight? Thank you for doing what I would have done anyway?

"Aren't you going to say anything?" The man said, essentially demanding approval from her.

"I don't need anybody to fight anybody for me. I have my brother for that, nobody else. You didn't have to get yourself involved. You officially have an asshole who knows other assholes up your ass." Sienna explained, illustrating the fact that she detested men like that. "Man, get your ass out of here before I give you a beating" She finished, dismissing the man as she walked over to help Camerón up.

"The name's Owen, by the way" Owen had informed

"The thing is, I don't give a shit whether you were Di Caprio. Get the fuck out of here" Sienna said, shaking her head while she was offering Camerón her hand, which he gratefully accepted.

Sienna didn't understand what was meant by the term 'gratitude', and it would soon come to haunt her.

AN: what do you guys think?!