Minimal Violence - A Concept

The plan Owen had proposed definitely was not what Sienna expected. She longed for a decent fight, something movie worthy. Epic. Glorious. Entertaining. She yearned for Braga to be completely crippled and useless. But that wasn't what Owen wanted.
"You expect me to believe that Braga and the others would talk it out with Camerón?" Sienna questioned disapprovingly. Camerón, Gisele, Owen and she were at Camerón's house discussing possible ways to help their host out. Sienna thought it would be better for her if she stayed away from Owen for at least a while; which is why she was leaning against the wall, observing her friends be normal and talk on the couch. Her usual attire of sweatpants and a nice pair of trainers that had matched the brand of said sweatpants (she was strongly against cross-branding, it was the eighth deadly sin) made sure that she was comfortable. She didn't feel comfortable at all, though. The events from last night kept on playing back in her head. She kept on thinking about what would've happened if Owen's phone didn't ring, if she decided to wait for him to end the call, if she just stayed there and let desire take over. Sienna took extra care on noticing everything about Owen today. The unfazed persona that he put on everywhere he went, yet his tone of voice showed him to be the complete opposite; the relaxed smile he had on whenever he was with the group that could quite possibly be the cutest thing Sienna had seen in her entire life; the cheeky grin he would send her way whenever they caught each other's gaze. She just stood there, watching him do his thing.
"Well, I mean if they don't, I'll just hurt one of them. No problem" Owen shrugged, making himself at home on Camerón couch.
"Owen. Will Braga really come tonight?" Gisele asked, her arm resting on her chin as she looked as if she was deep in thought.
"He should do. Don't worry about it" Owen said, giving a friendly wink of reassurance to Gisele as sipped his beer.
"This. This is so... underwhelming" Sienna huffed, throwing her hands up in defeat. She really didn't like this idea of a 'friendly confrontation'. It seemed mediocre, something people who had no personality would do. Someone with no zest, no real emotion, someone who was boring. She wasn't boring!
"Sienna. Sometimes it's better to sort things out with minimal violence" Owen lectured.
"Yeah!" Camerón chimed, eager to take the side of his new best friend.
In absolute shock, Sienna cried, "You can't talk about peace when you put a gun on my head every two weeks!"
"Yeah, well. You deserve it" Camerón weakly defended, unusually retiring from a sparring match with Sienna. Sienna sighed at the state her frenemy was in. Sitting down next to him, she put an arm on his shoulder.
"Everything will be fine" She explained as she turned to Owen who watched intently at Sienna's sudden change of heart. "Won't it Owen?"
"Yeah" Owen said in his usual confident, laid-back manner. Maybe this could actually work.
THAT NIGHT
"Sienna" Owen began.
"Oh my God, Owen please don't tell me again. I get it" Sienna whined, knowing exactly what he was going to say. He had already mentioned it five times before the group reached the bar and she was afraid that if he mentioned it again, she may actually lose her mind.
"I'm just making sure! I can't handle you when you get angry" He defended. They were at the front of the bar, waiting for Braga and the others to make their appearance. Camerón was walking around the room, trying to compose himself before he would have the world's most scariest interview. Alejandro didn't appreciate Sienna suggesting the bar as neutral ground - he had newly ordered the glasses in the bar from Sienna's last fight and he really didn't have the courage to tell his boss that once again, Sienna O'Connor ruined his stock. There was only so much saving a man could do before he himself has to accept defeat.
"Imagine how Camerón and I felt before you miraculously came to town" Gisele complained from the floor. She was behind the bar and hiding from Braga. Gisele was supposed to be at work, or at least doing something but she was so incredibly intrigued with what might happen that she decided it would be better if she hid behind the bar.
Leaning forward to see Gisele, Owen and her shared a short burst of laughter as Sienna watched onwards while her best friend was selling her out.
"It's not my fault that everyone's an asshole!" Sienna exclaimed. "Alejandro, isn't everyone an asshole?"
Side-stepping so he wouldn't trip up on Gisele's leg, the man simply said. "Right now, I completely agree. You guys are all assholes"
Looking at Owen with a grin proudly on her face, she raised her eyebrows telling him that she was right.
"Completely unrelated, but remember when Arcángel came to Alejandro's bar a year ago? You first met Braga that day. God, that was the day we all realised you were going to be a pain in the ass" Gisele had asked.
"Sure. He was one fine Puerto Rican"
"Ugh! Sienna, he's like 20 years old!"
"Age doesn't define maturity"
"Yeah, we all realised that when we met you" Gisele had suddenly fired back. Sienna's mouth widened in shock, there were very few moments in her life where she had shots fired at her, literally and metaphorically. It was incredibly hard to process, how do you respond to such a comment?
"Fair enough" Sienna agreed. If you can't beat them, join them. Owen chuckled at the petty bickering the two friends had, it was always entertaining to see Sienna out of her comfort zone.
Suddenly, Camerón walked over to the group, temporarily putting his problems to the side. "Sienna, you really went and invited everyone to a race tonight?" Camerón complained rather than accused.
"If I did... would you.. I don't know... shoot me?" Sienna hesitantly questioned as she turned around to face an incredibly distressed Camerón. Owen smiled at the level of immaturity Sienna had always displayed towards Camerón. He found it incredibly hilarious that she would book a race on the day where he could potentially lose the right to put on races. He loved the fact that she tried her hardest to put on an innocent façade so she wouldn't have to bear the brunt of Camerón's anger.
"I'm not even mad... Owen said that we should use minimal violence so I'm going to listen to my friend - unlike you who doesn't listen to anybody - and go about this very stressful day without being angry at you"
Sienna and Owen exchanged a happy glance, "Thanks for saving my life, Owen" Sienna sarcastially said, utterly loving the reactions from everyone today.
"You're welcome" Owen replied, matching her tone of sarcasm.
"I'm glad you released all your bitchiness of the day, Sienna" Alejandro suddenly huffed as he was wiping down the tables with an unusual amount of speed with his 'wax on, wax off' movements. He desperately wanted to finish his duties and escape to the back of the bar where gunshots sound like muted fireworks and he wouldn't have to be a witness to the atrocities that would inevitably occur.
"Sometimes, I think you hate me"
"Sienna, I love you to pieces. But, sometimes" Alejandro looked towards her for dramatic effect, "You make me want to move to a different continent so your behaviour doesn't follow me around like a ... shadow"
"He makes a good point" Gisele remarked
"I don't like the way you all are ganging up on me. It's incredibly patronising"
Suddenly, the door to the bar swung open, revealing Braga and the other leaders. They oozed dominance, leadership and power to any onlookers; yet the only thing Sienna could see was the evilness the men had concocted to make money. She genuinely could not see what had made them powerful, all she could think about was the fact that they were assholes.
"Hello, gentlemen" Owen said, standing up and putting his hands inside the pockets of the sweatpants he was wearing. The man genuinely had no fear over anything, Sienna unconsciously ogled, loving the chilled atmosphere Owen never fails to bring with him. Like a magnet, her eyes were helplessly attracted to his incredibly handsome physique, she loved his body language and let's face it - his body. The men opposite him seemed much more tense, almost as if they knew that tonight would not go their way. Sienna also stood up from her seat, looking at the leaders with the same intensity Owen had.
Braga didn't seem able to look at Owen for more than a few seconds as his attention drifted off to Sienna and Camerón who tried to nonchalantly cower behind Sienna's body.
"Sienna. I see you're here too" Braga grunted, rolling his eyes at the young woman in front of him who had control over the streets that he so desired to acquire.
"Wouldn't miss this for the world, Braga"
"Camerón. Shall we talk?" Owen asked, to which Camerón replied with an unconfident nod.
Alejandro rolled his eyes with the amount of formality the men had given each other. So fake, he thought to himself as he retired to the back of the bar. He watched as Gisele cowered behind the bar, praying that she wouldn't get caught. He pointed to the backroom, offering her a safe space, but she politely declined - much more interested in hearing exactly what would be said. Alejandro looked visibly annoyed at the whole situation as he shook his head in exasperation, leaving the others to essentially destroy his bar.
As Camerón ushered the men to their seats, Owen hung back for a few seconds. "Stay here, look pretty. Don't do anything stupid" He said quietly to Sienna as he watched Braga and the others sit down.
"I know" Sienna understood.
"Good", was the only thing Owen had replied with as he walked over to join the discussion.
15 minutes had passed and the atmosphere had completely changed. Braga, Jose and Don Fernando all had donned a face of annoyance and anger.
"Sienna!" Braga shouted, disturbing the quiet gossiping session Gisele and she were having. Turning around to face Braga, she shrugged her shoulders. "What do you want?"
"Give us a drink"
Although it was an incredibly minor ask, Sienna felt her blood boil. Who raised you? Where is your manners?
As if he sensed the protest Sienna would eventually do, Owen quickly interjected. "No. Sienna won't do anything"
"Fine. I'll get it myself" Braga huffed as he begun to stand up and approach the bar.
"Sienna!" Gisele angrily whispered. Flooding with realisation that her friend was hiding from the very man who was going to come over, Sienna quickly stopped him.
"It's fine. I'm bored anyway" She said grabbing a drink as she walked over to the congregation of the most powerful men in Mexico... and Camerón.
"Thanks, sexy" Braga rudely commented with a dirty smirk upon his face
"Pendejo" Camerón angrily commented, rubbing his forehead in anticipation of his whole life being ruined.
"Oh, for fuck's sake" Owen complained, his once cool attitude had changed into a much more frustrated one. Sienna was ready to fight, but before she could take one step, Owen quickly stood up and barricaded her with his arm.
"Calm down" Owen commanded, and with an irritated sigh, he reluctantly pulled out a gun on the seemingly unfazed Braga.
"Minimal violence, my ass" Sienna harshly whispered. Owen gave her a helpless expression, genuinely praying that she would just let this go instead of adding more problems to the huge problem.
"Apologise, so everyone in this room doesn't die tonight" Owen commended with an irritated tone as he lazily hovered the gun in front of Braga's forehead
Braga quickly complied, "I'm sorry". Just like that, Owen tossed the gun across the room, frustrated with the lack of decision-making in this discussion. Then, he decided to channel his inner Sienna and unleash the anger and annoyance he had kept inside.
"Here's what's going to happen, dickheads. You're never going to step foot in this town ever again. You will leave Camerón alone. Finally, for your own personal benefit" Owen pointed at Sienna as he finished, "You're never going to piss her off or you will actually die"
You tell them, Owen.
Sienna never really understood exactly how powerful Owen really was until tonight. The men quickly understood exactly what to do as they nodded in unison.
"Now, please get the hell out of my sight." Owen commanded rather than suggested, finally putting his arm away from Sienna. He felt drained from the constant bickering that was going on between Camerón and the cartel leaders. It was cute when it came from Sienna, but it wasn't entirely pleasing watching grown middle-aged men argue with a keen youngster. It was migraine inducing and a complete waste of his time.
Jose and Don Fernando quickly vacated the bar, leaving Braga who stood at the front of the bar.
"See you tomorrow with the new riders, Gisele" He simply said as he walked out leaving the group alone.
Gisele hesitantly stood up, and with a shocked expression, she exclaimed, "He knew I was there the whole time?"
"Who cares? I have my strip back, baby!" Camerón said erupting in glee.
"We should all race!" Gisele said, joining the group.
"What, tonight?" Owen asked.
"Yeah"
"No racing, I'm afraid" Camerón interjected. It was only a few days since he lost one of his favourite cars to Sienna and he really didn't want to lose another one
"Camerón. We won't race for cars don't cry" Sienna said, easing his worries with a sly petty remark.
"I'm down for a race" Owen shrugged
Of course you are. Everyone wants to be beaten by me" Sienna cooly remarked, ego inflating like a hot-air balloon.
"Honey, I used to race with tanks, your car will be nothing"
Sienna turned and faced Owen, as she dished out the most important piece of information she had ever received from someone. "The only thing that matters is who is behind the wheel"
Owen didn't want to believe that she was a great driver, he genuinely thought that the street racers in Mexico were rubbish, which had managed to inflate Sienna's ego. They both stared into each other's eyes, eager to displace the other off their high horse.
"Owen, believe us. She's great" Gisele advised while the two didn't seem to retreat from their clearly sexual standoff.
"I'll believe it when I see it"