Homage to Childhood - A Concept

Two days went until Sienna finally had an opening to leave the hospital without people knowing. Hobbs had stupidly informed the staff that Sienna was a flight risk, meaning that she had eyes on her everywhere she went. Somehow, she escaped the clutches of the hospital and returned back to the HQ.
Entering the familiar room, Sienna was mad. "You're all assholes" She had confessed angrily. But, she wasn't able to follow that anger on, as everyone seemed to be busy in the circle. It was disturbing that she wasn't the centre of attention and it was certainly even more disturbing that everyone looked mad too. She looked at Roman and Han's faces who had looked like they had went through quite an ordeal. Brian and Dom looked furious. "Woah, what happened?" Sienna said joining the circle.
"Nothing. Braga's definitely working for Shaw" Dom had informed.
"And your phone has been going crazy. Damn, Hobbs, should've gave it to her in the hospital instead of annoying us with it" Roman continued as he passed the phone to Sienna. She had anticipated most of the calls to be Camerón, but to her surprise, it was a number that wasn't saved.
"I told you that Braga was involved or did you guys just fail to listen to me?" Sienna grumbled as she pondered on whose number it was that was calling her.
"You didn't want to go to the hospital because it would ruin your street cred. Do you blame us?" Tej had countered.
"Fair enough" Sienna sighed, pleading no contest to the discussion of why people shouldn't listen to her, rather, she as far more concerned with the mysterious number that had been calling her. Suddenly, her phone vibrated, in a flash, she answered the phone. "If this is a prank, don't think I won't kill you" Sienna had said masking confidence. She was genuinely frightened that it was one of her enemies around the world, and she had so wished it wasn't one of them. Anyone that wasn't saved was a threat and Sienna hated that uncertainty. The team had focused their attention on Sienna, which had slightly angered her as she realised that they pay attention to her at the wrong time.
"I feel like you can't go a second without threatening someone" A familiar voice had replied. Owen was the one who was calling. Completely shocked, Sienna's hand unclenched the phone, letting it fall onto the ground. Her eyes were wide and stunned, genuinely not predicting this.
"Who was it?" Han had said concerned. Sienna's reaction was not normal at all, sure she was a drama queen, but not telenovela drama queen. Han's voice pulled Sienna back to the room as she silently cursed herself for being so dramatic. Now, everyone would be asking questions and she really didn't need her brother's ego to expand. Rapidly, picking up the phone, Sienna listened in to see if Owen was still on the call.
"Hello?" She had heard clearly.
Taking a mental deep breath, she quickly said, "No hablo ingles" and had cut the phone. There was no way in hell Sienna would openly have a conversation with Owen in front of her family.
"Are you going to explain that, or can we carry on?" Gisele had said, knowing exactly who had phoned Sienna, also knowing that she wouldn't want any questions.
"Carry on" Sienna said dismissively, but she sent Gisele an expression of gratitude.
"I'm going to see Braga" Brian had informed his sister.
"No, let me see Braga" Sienna contested.
"So he can kill you for being such a bitch to him? I'm going to see Braga and find out what your boyfriend is planning"
"Not my boyfriend and it's been such a long time since I've seen Braga. He'll be happy to see me"
"How are you going to see him? He's in prison"
"Visitation, stupid"
"No, Sienna. I mean, how are you supposed to get into the country?"
"I could ask you the same question"
"I have contacts in the police. What do you have except misdemeanour charges and speeding tickets?"
It was evident that there was no way she could win this argument. she had begun to realise that if the team would allow Brian to see Braga, they would easily let her go and talk to Owen without fail. She had her cards close to her heart and now it was time to play them. This was it. Her moment. "If you're going to see Braga, I'm going to see Owen" Sienna declared.
Suddenly interrupting, Roman questioned, "I'm sorry. Did I... did I miss the O'Connor death wish memo?", dazzled by the foolishness that had occurred within his oldest friends.
Brain sarcastically laughed and then seriously said, "You're not going to see Owen" Both the siblings ignored Roman's protests.
Using the same tone, Sienna replied, "You're not going to see Braga"
Brian quickly realised that in order for him to get his way, Sienna would also have to get hers. It was classic homage to childhood. If Brian wanted to go out to with Roman, Sienna, although much younger than the two of them, would have to come with. With a face of defeat, Brian immediately turned away from Sienna, going to his car as he loudly said "Have fun with your boyfriend"
"Not my boyfriend, but okay" Sienna smiled triumphantly, knowing the battle would be easily won.
"Excuse me. Brian is not your only brother" Tej had piped up. The man really knew how to make life harder.
"Let her go" Dom had suddenly said. Sienna was utterly confused. If anything, Dom would be the one who would dispute Sienna going to see him. Sienna looked at him for answers, but he simply looked back and said "Go and make peace with Mexico Owen"
"Thank you" There were rare moments in life where Sienna actually genuinely expressed gratitude. Usually she'd only say 'please' or 'thank you' if it meant she wouldn't get shot, but this time, from the bottom of her heart, she meant it.
"Just stay safe" Tej pleaded.
...
It was crazy to think that after six whole years, the feelings Sienna had for Owen was just as strong as they were before. She couldn't help herself but stare at the man that she shamelessly loved, adored, treasured. He hadn't changed at all; he still wore the same style of clothing, the same small smile that made Sienna's heart burst, the same Owen. He stared back just as intently, reminiscing on the fun, the fire and the feelings that came with Sienna.
So, they stood there.
Just staring. Analysing the memories, the magic, and the madness.
"I didn't expect to find you here, out of all the places in the world" Owen finally spoke, looking around the room briefly as he stepped forward a little allowing him to get closer to Sienna.
"Me neither" Sienna said almost whispering, mesmerised with the presence of the man that she once could not get out of her mind. In that instance, Sienna forgot the context behind their meeting, why she was here with him, the fact that she got shot by one of his crew just days ago. It all fizzed away, as if these complications were never even there to begin with.
"You haven't changed one bit, have you?" Asked Owen, who stood toe-to-toe with the love-struck woman.
"Never" She whispered and in that moment, Owen leant in and kissed her. It was like the whole six years of absence was being compensated by this one kiss. Sienna put her arms on his shoulders, desperately trying to get him impossibly closer as he moved her waist also trying his hardest to close the space between them. Deepening the kiss, Sienna felt the rush of feelings flood back to her as she wondered exactly why she left this man all those years ago. Nothing mattered anymore, just Owen and Sienna. Everything else was white noise. Achingly slow, they both moved away from each other, away from what could've been, should've been, would've been.
Sienna rushed forward and hugged Owen with a force of courage and hope. "I missed you so much" Her voice sounded muffled as her face was buried in his body.
"I was wrong, you've changed completely. Where did my crazy troublemaker go?" He noted, placing one hand on her lower back and the other one on her head as he kissed her forehead.
Retracting slightly, Sienna looked at him with the same exasperated, wild look that once was the norm for whenever she would encounter Owen. "Actually. I never left, I pick fights with bigger people"
"Like me"
"Monsters cars and an evil plan. You've definitely changed" Sienna accused.
Startled with the sudden change of tone, Owen moved a few steps away from Sienna. "'evil plan'? Sienna, I'm not going to fight you over politics. It's been too long for us to argue about context. Besides, you know nothing about what's happening". He accused with the same confused, exhausted look that was also the norm for whenever he would encounter Sienna.
"I know I got shot. I know my family and their cars were being tossed around as if they were hot wheels. I'm never going to be able to wear a bikini again. I know that" Sienna defended, back to the controversial statements that she used to make that once branded her 'high maintenance' and 'bitchy'.
"You got shot?" Was evidently the only thing Owen heard out of Sienna's reply as he hurried back to her. "Where?" Sienna lifted her t-shirt and showed him the white padding of the medical dressing that covered her wound. Owen heaved slightly as he stared at the wound that one of his team members had caused, what he had caused. Owen lightly traced his hands over the dressing wound causing Sienna to slightly wince. "Shit, sorry" He said quickly moving away from the wound and around her body.
Silence fell again as emotions; confusion and sheer awkwardness engulfed the atmosphere. Questions had plagued both Owen and Sienna's mind. Both had wanted the other to be on the same side. Sienna would never betray her family and swap sides and she sure as hell knew that once Owen had set his sights on something, nothing was going to stop him.
Their eyes met each other hesitantly, almost as if looking at each other could change the whole game. Sienna simply watched as Owen's eyes filled with desperation yet eagerness. "I'm not going to ride with you" Sienna had finally said, swiftly changing the atmosphere of the room.
"I wasn't going to ask you that" He quickly dismissed turning his face away from her, ashamed that he had even an ounce of hope that she would join him. He understood the bond - the love Sienna had for her family.
"Yeah you were. And I was going to ask you something as well"
"Sienna, babe" Owen started, moving his hands down to hers, grasping them tightly, "I'm not going to give myself up to a two-bit government hack like Hobbs. It's not happening"
Sienna forcefully removed his grip on her hands as she irritably cried, "I wasn't even thinking that you should hand yourself in. I was going to ask the completely opposite!"
"What do you want me to do, then? What makes enough sense in your head that I should actually do it?"
"Run"
"Excuse me?"
"Run, Owen" Sienna begged, "Drop this heist. Run"
"And why would I run?" Owen's face was filled with bewilderment as he had wondered why on Earth Sienna would suggest such a thing. It was common knowledge that she was a little unconventional, but even he was surprised with her suggestion.
"Because. I'd be coming with you" Promptly, Owen's face had changed from bewilderment to utter love. "All these years, I never knew exactly what I wanted in life. I jumped from country to country, problem to problem. But I know that ever since you left, life just isn't as interesting and exciting as it was. Owen. I want you. I want to be with you. For the rest of my life; and if it means that I have to jump from country to country, problem to problem; I'd happily do it, as long as you're with me." Sienna let her feelings take over her mouth, gladly letting it tell him exactly what she wanted him to know.
"I think that's the nicest thing you've said to me after, 'You're not so much of a douchebag'" Owen noted, his hand cupping her face so he could bring her lips closer.
"Really? I've said kinder things" Sienna smiled, feeling the electricity flow around her as she got closer and closer to his lips. She embraced the overflowing butterflies brimming in her stomach, recognising that this position was exactly where she wanted to be, for the rest of her life. In the vicinity of Owen Shaw.
"No you didn't. The other nicest thing that you've done was not shoot me when you met me" He laughed as his cheeks rubbed against Sienna's. Sienna's face immediately feigned fake shock, "I didn't have a gun on me that day, or you wouldn't be here right now" She giggled, nose scrunching up at the sheer delight of being here.
"You could never wear a bikini anyway, Camerón probably shot you a billion times after I left"
"Why are you always so horrible?"
"I hope you're talking to yourself because you really do need a reality-check if you think I'm horrible"
"Actually just... just shush"