Moving on? - A Concept

Sienna hated the fact that she would wake up everyday with a heavy heart. It felt repetitive, almost boring. The hurt was different than before, this time it felt raw, painful, borderline killing. Life felt mundane. She was never in the mood to do fun stuff anymore. Annoying Camerón? Boring. Fighting people for no reason on the streets? Boring. Screaming at Abeula? Boring. Sienna was still not over Gisele's death and just after that came Han's. It was like a tsunami of tragedies.
So you can imagine just how boring putting the clothes on the line was.
Sienna spent most of her time at the strip, trying her best to occupy her time so she didn't think too much. Her grief just didn't seem to go away.
"Sienna. I miss your smile" Abuela admitted.
Sienna covered her eyes with her hand, squinting as the sun was directly in her view. Turning around to meet the lady, she sighed. "I'm fine, I promise"
The lady put her hands on her hips, unimpressed with the lies Sienna would tell herself. "How long has it been since you've raced, had a fight, argued with somebody?" Sienna didn't respond, as she continued doing her job. "I'm sure he had his reasons-
"Okay Abuela, you need to stop defending him" Sienna exclaimed in exasperation. Ever since she got back from taking down Owen's brother, it seemed like every single day was 'defend Owen day'. No matter how many times Sienna had explained the situation to the woman, Abuela would always tell Sienna that Owen must have his reasons. That he loved Sienna and he wouldn't have done anything to hurt her.
Yet, she could never provide a decent explanation as to why he cold-heartedly kidnapped her brother's girlfriend. Abuela refuses to blame Owen for Gisele's death, contrary to Sienna and Camerón, she had believed that she was a tragic casualty of the fight, and both of them must come to terms with the fact that Gisele gladly sacrificed her life for her boyfriend's. It wasn't anybody's fault.
Sienna was tired of this, tired of having to listen to pathetic excuses that could justify his behaviour. She just wanted to be angry and for her family to feel the same way.
"I'm not defending him! I'm just saying that you need to come to terms with what happened already and go and live your life" Abuela explained.
"I have come to terms with what happened" Sienna lied, as she put a peg on a top.
"So why haven't you argued with somebody then?" Abuela questioned.
"I'm arguing with you now aren't I?"
"It's been nearly a year-"
"I know!" Sienna snapped.
"Sienna. Where is your pizzazz?"
Scrunching up her face in exasperation, Sienna realised that this family that had practically adopted her were a bunch of crazy lunatics who knew the wrong English words.
"My pizzazz is still here; it never left" Sienna lied.
"Oh really. That's why you like babysitting and doing the washing?" Abuela said raising an eyebrow in disapproval. She put a hand on her hip. "And you're doing it wrong! Honestly, how many times do I have to show you?" Abuela tried to grab the jumper from Sienna's hand but she swatted it away.
"Go away. I'm doing it aren't I?" She said while fighting away Abuela's hands.
"Barely. Give it to me!"
...
Camerón watched as Sienna and his abuelita bickered over the washing line. He saw Sienna try and put the clothes on the line, all while his grandmother furiously attempted to snatch the clothes from the frustrated woman because she wasn't doing it right. He laughed at the expletives the two women were sending each other all because of the different techniques they had on putting the clothes on the line. It was hilarious watching Sienna try and battle the glare of the sun and the violent beats she was also receiving from abuelita.
This was family.
The things that had happened to Sienna and he - especially Sienna - was incredibly devastating. It really took its toll on the girl, even to the point where she would wake up at 7AM (which might as well have been 4AM for Sienna) to drop his daughter to school, just so she didn't have to lay in bed and think about everything.
Sienna had really bonded with Carisa, his 5 year old who was full of spunk. She definitely had picked up a few of Sienna's traits. Carisa's mother had died in childbirth, which had meant that Camerón had to take the reign of being both mother and father. Sienna really supported him during the beginning, she stayed up with him when Carisa refused to go back to sleep; she gave him a shoulder to cry on and a stern lecture when he felt like giving up. She was just there.
Sienna also began to take care of his Abuela as his hands were often full with taking care of his child. She moved in with him at his home, paid the rent even when Camerón said that he could do it. Camerón ended up giving the strip to Sienna after deciding that he didn't want to a part of any illegal activities now that he had someone who depended on him.
Sienna suggested he should use the money he had made to go to school and get an education. Since Camerón was in full-time education, Sienna promised to take care of everything. She never slept. She would come home late from the races and wake up early and find something to do. Makeup truly was a wonder because no one would have noticed that the girl would get two hours of sleep every day.
Sienna was his rock. He just wished that there was some way to repay the love and care that she had given him.
Taking his attention away from the women, his phone suddenly began to ring.
"Yes?" Camerón questioned at the unknown number.
"Camerón, its Owen" He heard Owen begin with a sense of urgency.
"You have some nerve calling here, papi" Camerón angrily spat, immediately feeling his blood boil. Clearly, Owen had recovered from his coma and was well enough to have the balls to call Camerón. Despite the way it had looked, Camerón would always have Sienna's back. Even when it was between Owen and she.
"Whatever Sienna has said. I promise you there are answers for everything. For now, I need you to watch over her" Owen had pleaded quickly, genuinely afraid that Camerón would cut the phone on him.
"Sienna doesn't need protection. That's how I know you're an asshole, you don't even know her" Camerón snapped.
"I know that she can take care of herself, but just please listen to me," Owen begged. Camerón stood and watched as Sienna was both laughing and arguing with his abuelita. It was a rare sight. How would she react if he had told her that Owen reached out to him? She would go back to being broken again; it took her such a long time to finally come back to Mexico and finally reconnect with the family. He was so angry with Owen. At first when Sienna had emotionally blurted out everything that had happened in London and what had followed straight after with his brother, Camerón had darkly wished that he would stay in that coma forever. He prayed that he would stay in the bottomless pits of hell just so he couldn't hurt Sienna any more than he already had. In Camerón's eyes, what had happened to Gisele was entirely Owen's own fault. In Camerón eyes, what had happened to Han straight after was entirely Owen's own fault. In Camerón's eyes, the heartbreak and utter sadness that Sienna had felt was entirely Owen's fault. Why should I listen to him? Camerón wondered. After a long moment of silence, Owen took this opportunity to carry on. "What happened in London-
"Was a long time ago, so why are you bringing it up?"
Owen repeated, "What happened in London means that Sienna's life has been in danger since I ..."
"Fell into a well-deserved coma" Camerón filled in. You know what they say; the best of friends can finish each other's sentences.
"Yeah" Owen quietly confirmed.
"Why is Sienna in danger because of what you did?" Camerón rather accused than questioned.
"Just stop antagonising me for one minute!" Owen suddenly blurted out in frustration.
"What does antagonising mean?" Camerón innocently asked.
Owen loudly sighed, "It's like being a bad guy," He explained.
"Well, you are the bad guy" Camerón fired.
"Oh... oh my God" Owen huffed in annoyance. "We'll worry about my morality later, but for now, just listen. I angered some people when I didn't complete the job in London, and I promise you, they will get their revenge on me through Sienna. Her life is in danger."
"What does Sienna have to do with you? Before London, you both hadn't seen each other for five years"
"I'm going to have to explain everything to you, aren't I?" Owen sighed, partly scared that Camerón might tell Sienna everything. However, he had to brush those fears aside because telling Camerón would be the only way to get through to him.
"You gave me a vague explanation. ¡Claro que sí tienes que explicar! Stupid"
"Okay I only have a few minutes." He started quickly. "To summarise, Sienna asked me to run away with her – which I was going to do by the way – but the person that hired me to do the job realised that Sienna was the reason I was suddenly pulling out. So, they threatened her life in order for me to do the job, and since I haven't actually done it, they probably have been trying to kill her ever since London"
I knew he wasn't a bad guy! Camerón sighed in relief. Finally, some good news! All this time thinking that Owen was the most horrible person in the world when really, all he was trying to do was protect Sienna from being killed.
"Why didn't you just tell her that, then? Why leave it this late? You're telling me that somehow she managed to survive this long all while having a target on her back?"
"You know her," Owen moaned. "As soon as I would have told her, she would have hunted that person down"
"Good!"
"No, not good my friend. This person is bigger than the cartels, my brother and Hobbs combined"
"That's huge" Camerón commented.
"Exactly! As much as I would hope she could, Sienna wouldn't last two seconds if she pursued that fight. And, we both know that Sienna is stubborn; she wouldn't care if she would lose. I wouldn't have been able to stop her. No one would have been able to stop her"
"Who is this person?"
"You think I'm going to tell you? You'd tell Sienna straight away"
"You're right" Camerón agreed, giddy from excitement that his friend was a true friend. But, just like Owen had feared; the information went from one ear to the other. "I can't wait to tell Sienna the good news!" Camerón exclaimed, ready to splurge out all the details to his friend.
"No! Did you listen to me?" Owen exclaimed loudly. "I am in prison" He began, stressing every word. "Don't you dare tell Sienna and get her killed"
"How am I supposed to keep this from her?" Camerón complained.
"Camerón. How about you focus on the fact that you need to keep an eye out for Sienna." Owen chastised. He then changed his tone as he gave a set of instructions. "Don't be too invasive. She finds that patronising."
"What does patronising mean?"
"You know irrelevant words like pizzazz but you don't know patronising and antagonising? I can't cope with you" Owen sighed with confusion, recalling on that time when he was racing Sienna, Camerón and Gisele and pizzazz had managed to be one of the extensive words within Camerón's dictionary. Nevertheless, despite the illogic, Owen did explain what the word had meant.
"You're right, she does get that way" Camerón confirmed, remembering past experiences where he would question little things about Sienna's pass-time to which she would respond with either a physical or verbal bullet.
"Exactly. Just make sure that she is safe in everything she does. I know she likes to have arguments with people, just make sure that they're local people. If she's in a situation with someone who you both don't know, know that they're a threat and you need to get rid of that threat" Owen had extensively explained everything that Camerón had needed to do. The loud banging on the wall beside him signalled to Owen that his time was up and he could only hope that Camerón would protect Sienna without her realising it. He knew that the chances were incredibly slim that Camerón could actually help Sienna, but some help is better than no help. Besides, it made him feel better that there was someone out there that knew the real reason why he betrayed Sienna that day and it definitely made him feel better that someone could at least protect his girl from harm – well, to an extent. It was Camerón, not Hobbs. "Camerón, I need to go. I'll speak to you soon, brother" Owen said, finally ending the short call.
Camerón heard the noise on the other end of the call, "Bye, brother" he sighed to himself as he slowly pushed his phone inside his pocket.
"Who were you talking to?" Sienna said short breathed entering the dining room as she and Abuela finally managed to get the clothes out without bloodshed.
Camerón wanted so badly to tell her. To explain to her that all is not as it seems. Owen was protecting her back in London. But, he knew that Sienna didn't have the mental capacity to hold that information in and not act upon it. He felt incredibly guilty for not telling her about everything, but at the end of the day, if it can potentially save her life? He would gladly lie to her.
"Nobody"