Chapter 63

"This is stupid," I grunted as I stared down the cliff, I didn't ever really come over here for this reason and the sign quite clearly said get across. 

      "Yeah, well, who do we do this? Jump and hope for the best?"

      "What!?"

      "Not a bad idea, they have to make sure it's safe so I doubt we'd die but-" He jumped. He jumped. "You are an idiot!" I shouted while he just laughed, cheering as he fell. 

      "Oh my stars, he's dead, I just lost my bestfriend, what do I do? Do I go friend hunting? Do one of you get promoted?" Putting a hand over his mouth I continued to stare down, no scream. 

       "HURRY UP!" Grinning I pushed Jay off while he screamed about betrayal, taking a few steps back I ran right off, jumping with a cheer. A grumble followed before Alex shouted, jumping off. Trust exercise or something I guess. "Make sure to fall on your back!"

       Leaning back I leveled out as a loud 'pouf' sounded just before I landed. On a big ass slime. Rolling right off I snickered as Jay vomited the moment his feet touched the ground. Stretching I looked around as Alex landed. It was a long valley, one I doubted we should venture into. It wanted us to cross. Cross we shall.

       "Come on, we're climbing back up," I called grabbing the steep wall as I pulled myself up.

       "I don't think you know this about me but, I'm not a goat," Adrain deadpanned while I paused to look at him flatly before sighing. 

        "Fine, I climb you wait,"

        "You sure you can climb the whole thing?" Alex asked looking up the practically flat wall.

        "Yeah," I nodded without hesitating as I was already climbing. "I've got a feeling there'll be a latter up there, and if there isn't it's going to be a bit of a walk to the left," I said pulling myself up.

      "Gods, you're like a freaking spider," 

     "I will hurt you Adrain," I threatened, his commentary unnecessary.

     "Fine fine, and what was that I heard about you worrying more about not having a best friend rather than me being dead?" Jay chuckled nervously as I tested a foothold I was doubting severely. Frowning I tightened my grip on my hand holds and twisted my body, my hands clenching uncomfortably tight while I got my feet above my head and planted in good holds.

      "This isn't even practical at this point, that wall is practically flat and you just did a flip like it was nothing,"

      "Shut up," I rolled my eyes as I continued up, his comments just getting more and more frequent until I couldn't hear them anymore. Pulling myself to the top I stretched, my hands throbbing from both the harsh holds and strain of how small they were. Clenching and unclenching my hand I looked at the other side, a few people there thinking, others running along side it, a couple trying to make a bridge. 

      Looking on my side while the announcer tried destroying my eardrums I didn't find a rope latter or anything, just a single ball of yarn. I guess that means its to the side after all. Picking up the yarn I tied it around my wrist and tossed it down.

        "HEY! WATCH IT!" So it does reach.

       "EVERYONE GRAB IT, TIE IT TO ONE OF YOU AND FOLLOW IT!" I shouted down, a light echo bouncing off the tall walls. I felt a small tug on it and watched a few more moments before starting left. Carefully making sure it didn't have too much tension I glanced at those on the other side once more, most trying to climb down now. 

      Not even ten minutes later, I'd found the latter. Kicking it off the side I untied the yarn and started to roll it back up, with a few gentle jerks they released it as I sat down. Silently rolling it around my arm while I waited I kicked my legs over the side of the cliff.

      I would be so much faster without helping them.

      Well, if this was a solo event that is. The first fourth was designed to look like it was a solo thing. The second forth was to screw over those that thought they could do it without anyone else. The third forth was designed to slow down those that stuck with the team that kept them in play.

      The final was impossible by yourself. 

      Humming as I thought about how clever it was, you needed to be able to not only work by yourself but with others. If you screwed yourself over in the first forth you couldn't get farther, if you were overly depended on the third, you'd pull not just yourself but your group down. 

       You have to be flexible to win.