Chapter 62

"You guys ready?" I asked fixing my belt as potions dangled from it.

       "No," "Hell yeah," "Not quite sure yet," Chuckling I looked down the obstacle course not sure how I felt about the fact the first years had to go first.

        "We'll stick with Jay's plan until we get to the wall, from there we'll change to Adrain's, Alex's will be plan B and I'll do my best to keep us moving without letting others use us," I glanced at the Reaper that would do just that.

       "Remember, no magic, I don't want to see any of you getting disqualified," I called giving them all a pointed look. I had no problem not using my magic, I had gotten used to ways to work around magic, but they hadn't. They still subconsciously used it and it reacted to their emotions. 

       "We know," Adrain rolled his eyes as I sighed looking down the tunnel that would definitely be the hardest challenge. The sound of the horn had everyone around use sprinting into it while we stood still. 

         "What's this?! We have a few students standing still! Are they giving up so soon?!"  Waiting until everyone was passed us before jogging in we completely ignored the announcer. Don't get caught in the crowd. That's where you'll take the most damage if you do.

      We took it slow as they shoved one another trying to get the front, wasting their energy. It was going to be a bit more work to get to the front but we'd be some of the least scathed. People seem to forget that this is only the first event. Blinded by glory I guess.

       "And we have our first out! Dyeth Reaper of Mammoth! With many on his tail!" ... Okay, I know the plan but that was kinda annoying to hear.

      "Lilith," Jay called next to me as I tsked but slowed down any way. Really really annoying.

      "Your competitiveness is showing~" Adrain sang while I shot him a glare.

       "I bet if it was someone she didn't know she wouldn't even care,"

      "Stop ganging up on me!"

      "And the last to enter have now exited! Arguing no less!" Huffing my leg tensed as we sped up into a sprint. One that had them falling behind. 

       "I will leave you!" I called over my shoulder as I kicked off a tree to another, completely flying over the small but steep hill.

       "Why are you even good at this?! Who just knows how to run in the forest?!" Adrain protested as I rolled my eyes passing a few other students not even sure if they were from my school or not. "People without lives that's who!"

       "Stop complaining!" I chuckled grabbed a branch as I swung my body over the wide creek, slowing for only a second as Jay started to join Adrain in complaining, Alex focusing on catching up to me. "We talked about this! You have to at least keep me in your sight!" Hopping from a large rock to a log I leaped back into a run.

       "Those that were in last as quickly rushing to the front! What's with that sped?!" Grunting at how I wasn't a fan of having things announced I found the smell of water getting closer as I leaned forward, speeding up. The river.

        "Don't speed up you monster!" 

       "Stop being a child!" I threw back rolling my eyes as I skidded to a stop just as I jumped to the bank. It really is shocking how a little rough terrain can slow so many down. Grinning as I made eye contact with a very unique mismatch gaze I raised my brows fast before they fell. He glared, his rushed water walk picking up as he hopped up before diving fully into the freezing water, actually swimming. 

       Snickering I snapped one of the potions off my belt as they caught up, wheezing. "This is your time to shine boys, you're good on flat lands aren't you?" I grinned turning to them as I was looked at like I was a monster. Probably because I made them run faster than they should have.

        "Please tell me you're not going to make us swim are you?" Jay asked breathlessly while I snorted pulling the cork and dumping it right into the water. It instantly hardened, growing just big enough for all of us.

       "Gods no, I'd never even suggest it this time of year," I smirked stepping onto the transparent platform that stuck to the bottom of my shoes. "Now hurry up before it washes away," I teased jogging onto the water without dropping even an inch. Jay was more unsure as Alex moved without a hint of hesitation, used to me doing weird things. 

     "I'm so glad we teamed up," Adrain sighed blissfully stepping on it and walking over to me, Alex already jogging ahead. 

       "What's this?! We have students walking on water!" Does he know any other way to start something? "Is that...? That's Lilith Windsor! A potion fiend that shatters common knowledge! Let's recap just what happened!" Rolling my eyes as I grabbed Jay's arm and dragged him I ran after Alex.

       "We won't fall, will we? I'm bad at swimming!" He started to panic while I swung him as Adrain who sighed but rammed his shoulder straight into his stomach, not pausing for a second as he hauled him up grumbling about how unfair it was. "Put me down!" He shrieked while I picked up my speed again.

       "Yes, just ditch me with the drag along!" He shouted from behind me while I laughed shaking my head and running right passed Reaper, who had sped up his swimming after Alex passed him. 

       "You won last time, I've got to even the score," I threw over my shoulder as I waved, catching up to Alex.