Chapter 6

Beware of the cross over(also, those are her aesthetics)

       "Are you sure you're okay?" I asked for the millionth time and she nodded, her heads in her hands, in what she just saw. And looking up to make sure she wasn't dreaming. 

      "I've just never... Never in my life seen someone's magic... Alive," Looking down at the dragon in my arms, that was very alive, I stared at the little thing, also still not sure how to feel about it. I created a living thing. I was a mother. And a father? Both? Oh my stars, I was both. I was not ready to be either!

      "Er... What do I do?" I asked still staring at the dragon that was very content to just be held.

     "I... Oh, stars, we have to call in a dragon expert," She looked pained to say that. Dragon expert? The things hate us! Who could get close enough to study them? "Stars all mighty, we need a magic expert! She's going to just love holding this above the council... Oh, the council... They're not going to like me bring her in," She continued to ramble as I processed it.

        Dragon expert? Magic expert? Who would study those? Why would someone what to be around a creature that's just love to kill them? And why would someone study a magic that's not theirs? They'd defeat the point, you couldn't use the magic so why study it? Why is miss Helensworth freaking out so much about this person? Should I be worried...?

        She disappeared. Leaving me alone. To think. And, logically, I started to wander around to avoid doing just that. She was panicked, she called a council meeting. I couldn't help but think I did something wrong.

       Was I in trouble? Did I do something wrong? I mean, I didn't mean to make the dragon. That's got to count for something, right?

      As worry started to eat away at me someone quite literally shattered the wall. Like, they were thrown through it and it just crumbled as if it was not made of brick and wood. You wanna know what they did while I stood horrified?

       She grinned. Effortlessly getting up with a sinister grin she brushed herself off and grabbed the destroyed walls; Before I knew it, she disappeared. Gapping at where she was I heard distressed calls so I looked out the now destroyed wall to find her popping in and out of existence.

      Space magic. An expert at that.

      My already wide eyes just grew bigger as she used all kinds of magic. All kinds of magic that defied the laws of this world. It was one thing to be a dual wielder but to use so many different types? Not possible.

      My mind seemed to finally process just who she was fighting in such an animalistic fashion that could not honestly be the moment of a human. The council. She was fighting the council.

      And winning.

     How is any of this possible? Having any more than two types of magic would destroy your body. Even two types put a huge strain. Yet she was perfectly bending nearly every magic I've ever seen into a fighting style not of this world. She was a monster. A grinning monster.

     "Cease fighting!" I all but yelled not knowing what to do. She was going to kill them at this rate. She froze. Peering over her shoulder curiously I clutched my dragon closer to myself as her mismatched gaze found me. My lip trembling as the moistest I had not noticed in my eyes grew, I was going to die. Oh my stars. I was going to die. I was not ready to die. I didn't want to die. A calculating haze fell over her eyes as they shifted to my dragon before surprise flashed in her oddly colored eyes.

       Then pure and utter joy equally mixed with fascination and enchantment. She practically bounced over as I recoiled in fear. She paused, looking down at herself she looked back up with a calculating look of glee before she once more disappeared. Not even a second later she had popped back in front of me. With a baby dragon. Gaping at it as it looked around confused I relaxed my grip on my glass dragon, who suddenly decided it wasn't just an ornament to be carried.

       It started pulling and squirming trying to get away from me as I desperately held on to no avail as it got away from me and rushed toward the other dragon. She didn't even restrain it as it just jumped out of her arms and they started to growl and snarl at each other viciously. Making me panic more.

    She wasn't doing anything! Did she not care if one died? What if they got hurt? What do I do? Food! It loves food! Pulling my hand up I made a ball of glass hoping to get its attention and it thankfully worked. Ditching the bigger dragon it wrapped its tail around my arm and started to eat while I let out a sigh of relieve.

     Looking to where the girl was I stiffened when I didn't see her. She was gone. Looking around panicked as worry started to eat at me, my entire being screaming that I was going to die. I wanted to run, so so bad, but something stronger was screaming at me to stay still. So I did. My breathing cutting immediately as I listened and only listened. My gaze on the ground as I tried to pinpoint her. 

       Her dragon was just still staring at mine but it didn't dare move from its spot in the air. Its wings gently beating while it silently waited. Breathing. I could hear breathing. Right behind me. Twisting around horrified at the idea I found that she was indeed behind me. Jumping a good few feet away from her I stared wide eyed and horrified.

     She stared at me for a moment before taking a step back, confusing me like no other. A wide grin spreading over her lips as she made a very strange cooing noise and the dragon that had been hovering immediately went to her purring. Purring! Dragon's hate humans!

     "Why hello, I'm going to assume you're the student I was called in to look at, you can call me Vixen,"