Traitor

Footsteps and voices were the first sounds we heard as we came to a stop. The second was a gate opening.

We were here.

I doubted things would go to the very rough plan I'd made up as I watched him by the road. Or if he'd even listen. He was going against the Colonel's orders anyway, so there was no doubt in my mind he'd ignore my suggestion.

Once parked, we wait a few moments, as there were footsteps right outside the truck. I duck behind Steve as the curtain opens. Before the man can utter a word, Steve's shield throws him into the wall several feet away and his body crumples to the ground.

"Not bad," I smirk, climbing out behind him. "Now follow me."

He actually does as I say, but I knew it wouldn't last. I lead him into the large building and through a couple hallways before we come to a door. I signal him to wait on one side as I knock on the door. He's quick to catch on, for when the door opens, he slams his shield into the unaware guard, knocking him out cold.

I silently move into the massive, open floor of the factory. There were large machines moving about and massive piles of weapons and ammunition. We keep clear of guards and as we move by one pile of ammunition, Steve picks up one, tucking it into his belt for further investigation.

Once we're in another hallway, we stop for a moment.

"The prisoners should be on a lower level if this is anything like some buildings I've seen."

"I'm coming with you," he says.

"That's only going to take more time," I argue, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It's the way it's happening," he replies, moving forward, leaving me no choice but to follow.

I grumble under my breath the entire way to the cells, pausing only to take out guards along the way.

Soon enough, we're standing above the cells, the last of the guards falling face first onto the bars, allowing us to see some of the prisoners. I see those in the cell below us look up at the noise, eyes wide when they see the guard unconscious above them.

I drop the keys into their cell.

"Get everyone out," Steve says in his famous Captain America voice. "Stay in the shadows and if you are seen, give them hell. Wait for us on the other side of the yard. If we're not out in half an hour, head North."

"Who the hell are you?" one of the men asks.

"I'm Captain America," he replies, a bit surprised.

"Who?"

Steve looks over to me, unsure of what to do, so I take care of business.

"Just go. We've given you some time, but it won't be long before they realize you're gone."

"You're a woman," another man states.

"Just get out of here."

"Are there any other prisoners here?" Steve asks.

"They're in isolation if there are. It's on the other side of the factory. Good luck if you head that way."

"Thank you," Steve replies before taking off.

I'm quick to follow behind him. He'd done fairly well with sticking to the shadows, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to do so, so I took the lead. I was smaller and could take out men much quieter than he could. We were quick and efficient.

Eventually we find the isolation rooms and I see a scientist walk out of one. Steve is quick to run after him.

I move into the room he'd come out of, hearing someone inside.