Chapter 23: Eula

What was expected from Synpha happened. It's been a week and there has been no communication between Poseidon and Hermes. I can't and could not even bear eating dinner with both of them glaring at each other and telepathically sending death threats with their tension emotionally affecting every one of us in the house. And the difficult part of the situation is that I feel the need to avoid both of them. Hermes had been trying to talk to me but I kept on making excuses. Poseidon, well, I avoided him. I don't know why, don't be mad at me. I just felt like it was unfair for Hermes if I avoided him and act like nothing's happening when I'm with Poseidon.

As I've said, it's been a week. Putting the tension aside, we had been constructing plans on how to 'rescue' the trident. We were supposed to plan until next week after our move to New York, but the trident being in foreign hands aside from Hades and Poseidon had started to affect the weather. We were packing stuffs while discussing all week long, with me teaching Athena how to drive on the sideline. The day of the move came and we were still discussing plans on the way to New York.

"We can just go improv on the spot when we're with Scylla." Ares said. "What we need to worry about first is transportation. How can we fight a sea monster when we can't even get to it, right?" Zeus nodded at his suggestion and started to think. "I don't know if this helps," I spoke up, slightly tilting my head to the side while gluing my eyes on the road. "My dad had some properties and I could look into it this Sunday to see if he has some yachts or god knows what."

"Yeah, that'd be great. I can come with you." Poseidon raised his hand from the back. I closed my mouth and looked at Athena, who was sitting beside me at the passenger seat. She'd been listening to my every complaining and had been giving me advice, and she told me that I'd have to talk to one of them soon. She sighed when she realized the look I gave her was 'fucking please help me because I don't want to awkwardly be alone with my boyfriend'.

She shifted in her seat and peered to the back of the van. "I'll go with her, we'd need to take shifts in driving. Plus, I can read property papers better than Yhanie." She laughed. I snickered and glared at her. "Oh my god, Athena, you're so full of yourself." I laughed. She smirked. "It's true though, don't deny it." I laughed again and she chuckled, and the rest were giggling at our sudden outburst of laughs.

"I bought comforters for the boys to lay out in the living room, which is next to the sofa." I told Athena as I pointed to the mattresses that Ares and Hermes were carrying. "You girls have comforters too, but you'd be laying them out beside my bed." I added, and she nodded at my routine. "And the love birds?" She joked.

I waved my hand at the space between the bed and the sofa. "Technically, the comforters will reach each other, so they'd be, like, the line between the boys and the girls. It's hard to explain." I grimaced. Every one was walking around carrying boxes and luggages and roaming around the apartment. I felt crowded even though the space was enough for the eight of us. Athena patted me on my hand. "No worries, I got it. I can handle it from here." She smiled, and I reciprocated the curve on her face. "I'll go get the sixth box - oh yay, that's the last one, right?" I said, grinning. Athena nodded. "I think those are the utensils." She said. I clapped my hand and laughed giddily before marching out of the room.

I pressed the button on the elevator and waited for it to open. "Oh my god." I muttered to myself before sighing. I was already worn-out from the move. I was supposed to be relaxed and all-prepped for college, but I don't have time for that now what with the mission to Scylla happening before the first week of the semester. Oh the life of me. The elevator door opened and I was stopped by Poseidon holding a box of utensils. "Hey."

"Hey." I said pointedly. I shifted my weight on my other foot and looked at him. "Car keys." He said before tossing Pikachu into my pale, cold hands. "Thanks." I said. "I was about to get those." I pointed to the box. He followed my hand and grinned. "Well, I got it for you, I think."