Chapter 6 : Hermes

The next day, I woke up with puffy eyes, even though I don't remember crying. I might've cried, but the reason was stuck in my brain, a far blur. I opened my door as a gentle knock was heard. I was greeted good morning by Poseidon, and that's when all the happenings of last night came rushing back to me.

"Who's she?" I asked.

"Athena." 

The tears welled up in my eyes again. Sy noticed and grabbed both my shoulders. "You okay? Something happened?"

"Nothing." I said.

"You sure? What happened to you? Why is your eyes so red and puffy?" he asked me once again, and I burst into tears. "Oi. What's happening here?" Hermes said as he opened the door next to mine's. He looked as if he just woke up.

"Dunno." Sy shrugged. "I'm here to listen, remember that okay?. Good morning, Hermes." he greeted and walked downstairs to have breakfast.

I wiped my tears as Hermes walked to me. He crouched for a little bit and helped me wipe the tears. "D'you want to talk about it?" he asked. I shook my head and he nodded. "Tell me if your ready, okay?" he smiled. "Breakfast?"

"Sure." I said and walked down the stairs with him.

~

It was dinner time and as usual I passed. I was still sad about it. I don't know why. And I admitted to myself that I did like Poseidon. Who wouldn't? He's a god. He's dashing. He's handsome. He's perfect.

But there's Athena, who's so beautiful. So pretty. So elegant. So...perfect like him. They were a match made in heaven.. er, Olympus.

"Hey there, little miss perfect." I turn around to see Hermes holding a glass of milk in his hands. He sat beside me in the grass. We were under an apple tree, which is one of my favorite parts of the house (A/N: House? Mansion.). He gave me the milk which I gladly accepted. 

"Little miss perfect? Don't tease me, Hermes." I chuckled. "I'm not perfect."

"Yeaah you are. You're nice, hardworking, welcoming, cheerful, and... pretty." he said. I looked at him to see a slight tint of red on his cheeks. "Really? You think I'm pretty?" I smiled. He looked at me and reciprocated the curve on my lips. "Yeah. Very much."

"Wow. Thanks." I grinned. The only people to tell me I'm pretty were my parents and Vicky. And of course, it's because they valued me.

I felt Hermes scoot closer to me, but I pretend to not notice. "Oh, lemme show you something!" he said. He stood up and ran back inside, leaving me there alone.

I was still holding the glass of milk Hermes gave me. He was one of the most thoughtful persons I've met so far. He was also very optimistic. Even though his jokes obviously failed, he laughs.

I looked at the pool area, and saw no Poseidon. I sighed. I shoulg just let go and learn to liveeeeeeeeeeee.

Hermes came back with two pairs of shoes. They both had wings. "What's that?" I asked. He handed me one pair and told me to wear it. "They're flying shoes. I use them as messenger. Pretty awesome."

"Wooaaah. I wanna use 'em!" I chuckled as the wings fluttered upon wearing them. "How, though?"

"Simple, just run, and you'll soon be flying." he smiled. He demonstrated. Soon, he was frolicly flying in the air. "Come on, fly!" he laughed. "Fly like there's no tomorrow, fly like it's the end. Fly as if you're a bird that's freed from a cagee!"

I laughed as he started to sing non-sense. I run, and the farther I get, the more the wings start to flutter and flutter rapidly. When it was fluttering furiously, I was soon in the air. 

"Oh my gosh!" I said as I started to flail in the air. I didn't know how to balance my body. Hermes rushed to me and held my hand. "Haha, don't worry, I'm here. Don't worry." he smiled.

I smiled back at him. He started to fly higher with my hand in his hand. It was like a scene from Peter Pan. I started to laugh for no reason, and he started to laugh at me. "Why you laughing?" he chuckled. "This is so cool!"

We spent the night flying in the air, avoiding to be seen by the people down below.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, what d'you think of Hermes? :D

Are you guys Team Poseidon or Team Hermes? I'm not good as making tag names, so, you guys do the honors XD

I updated even though it's Wednesday! Yay XD It's just that you guys were like so shocked on the last chapter. CoughCoughProPoseidonsCoughCough.

Anyhow, I'll still try to update on Saturday!... Or Sunday... or next Saturday!... or Sunday.

COMMENT AND VOTEEE!

'Jam